Claudio Castagnoli signed with WWE, it seems.

Mr Kennedy

I can't see any other topics mentioning this, so apologies in advance if it's old news! I remember a few months ago he had a trial match before a RAW taping but nothing official. Can't see anything about it on other websites either. ANYWAY, Claudio Castagnoli has now changed his Twitter name to @AntonioCesaro & his bio says he is now a FCW Superstar. I hope Chris Hero isn't too far behind him. Did he have a trial too? If he does follow, I hope they don't split them up. Kings of Wrestling could just be the kick up the backside the WWE tag division needs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this actually comes to fruition this time. The first time he signed some visa issues came up and he returned to all the promotions he had hastily dropped the titles in. This was back when he had hair as well.

But hair or not, as others have said, the guy is in tremendous physical condition, is a fantastic wrestler and he's Swiss, so he could potentially stand out.

I hope they sign Chris Hero as well.

• Paid Members

Claudio is a good wrestler but without Hero he's not really good enough for a contract. The guy can't really cut a promo to save his life and they already have and have had (Chris Masters) great wrestlers they don't do anything with. Hero and Claudio together could be a modern day Edge & Christian.

In fact, there CZW backstage segments back in 2004 were as funny as Team ECK's stuff.

• Paid Members
Claudio is a good wrestler but without Hero he's not really good enough for a contract. The guy can't really cut a promo to save his life and they already have and have had (Chris Masters) great wrestlers they don't do anything with. Hero and Claudio together could be a modern day Edge & Christian.

In fact, there CZW backstage segments back in 2004 were as funny as Team ECK's stuff.

How could a guy who can't cut a promo be part of a modern day Edge and Christian?

• Paid Members

How could a guy who can't cut a promo be part of a modern day Edge and Christian?

Bad phrasing on my part. In terms of Claudio as a singles guy doing an intense promo trying to sell a match or an angle, he can't really do it. But if he can lean on Hero, who CAN sell a match and an angle and do it better than most, he can get by.

And his Swiss accent gives his backstage antics with Hero a goofy charm and he can be hilarious. Unfortunately I can't find anything on YouTube to back this up.

I didnt like Chris Hero for a long time - he just screamed 'indie wrestler'.

However over the past couple of years his combo with Claudio has become world class and Hero has really transformed into someone I enjoy watching.

I hope they are introduced as a team - a feud with Air Boom [yeuch] could be a good 'un.

I hope they are introduced as a team - a feud with Air Boom [yeuch] could be a good 'un.

Tag teams that come straight in feuding with the champs don't usually mean good things. Cade & Murdoch won them straight away and then did fuck all. The Usos were feuding with the tag champs from the minute they started as well, weren't they?

Tag teams that come straight in feuding with the champs don't usually mean good things. Cade & Murdoch won them straight away and then did fuck all. The Usos were feuding with the tag champs from the minute they started as well, weren't they?

Sure, I mean, obviously I meant they should work their way up the ranks and work with a few of the under card teams first like........well, like......

Seriously though, hopefully if they have Air Boom, Hero & Claudio and decide to team up Primo and Tito at least thats 3 teams that can work together for a bit.

Archived