Jeff hardy off to thje slammer

GBH_189

I never understand why your fined for taking some drugs. You shouldn't of done it as it's "illegal", but why the hell should you pay $100,000 for doing so? Not as if you were hurting anybody but yourself is it?

Wouldn't the sentence have taken Hardy's finances into account? Cheaper on the state to fine him a hundred grand rather than give him a longer prison sentence at the taxpayer's expense.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never understand why your fined for taking some drugs. You shouldn't of done it as it's "illegal", but why the hell should you pay $100,000 for doing so? Not as if you were hurting anybody but yourself is it?

Because the government don't want you to do it, so they fine you in the hopes that it will reduce the amount of people who take drugs and hopefully persuade people not to take them.

And the reason the government don't want you to do is: 1) For the drug taker's own protection. Morally they don't want people getting hook on drugs and end up on a downward spiral. 2) People monged out on drugs are less likely to go out and get work, and thus cost the tax payer money 3) Drug overdoses cost the tax payer money to treat in medical.

Because the government don't want you to do it, so they fine you in the hopes that it will reduce the amount of people who take drugs and hopefully persuade people not to take them.

And the reason the government don't want you to do is: 1) For the drug taker's own protection. Morally they don't want people getting hook on drugs and end up on a downward spiral. 2) People monged out on drugs are less likely to go out and get work, and thus cost the tax payer money 3) Drug overdoses cost the tax payer money to treat in medical.

This is America, you pay for your own medical bills don't you? And I'm pretty sure Jeff's earned enough not to need to worry about earning money again.

Doesn't the private U.S. prison system actually make money from keeping recreational drug users incarcerated anyway? I'm sure I've heard that argument a lot. I cannot believe people still give the tax argument when the war on [some] people who use [some] drugs costs such an astronomical amount of money for seemingly reverse results.

• Paid Members

Pretty sure there was a conspiracy to distribute charge in there somewhere.

And fuck it, he can afford it.

Pretty sure there was a conspiracy to distribute charge in there somewhere.

And fuck it, he can afford it.

I'm pretty sure in America they have a system where X amount of pills is posession and Y amount is trafficing.

Hardy most likely got lots of whatever it was because he can afford it and it's always cheaper to buy in bulk.

• Paid Members
I'm pretty sure in America they have a system where X amount of pills is posession and Y amount is trafficing.

Don't they do that pretty much everywhere, including here? Past a certain amount of substances, it becomes trafficking.

This is America, you pay for your own medical bills don't you? And I'm pretty sure Jeff's earned enough not to need to worry about earning money again.

He didn't necessary ask about the us system, and although was going to mention the fact that the us uses insurance I didn't think it was necessary to drive my point.

But yes, in the us they would also want people off drugs because like how it drives our tax up, it would technically forceinsurance premiums up which isn't good for the country as a whole.

As for jeff worrying about his income, there's no way he will ever earn what he did before. Wwe arnt selling any hardy related merchandise at the moment, so no money there, and all it would take is for tna to cut him off and his income effectively stops.

Also a lot of people are saying he could afford his $100000 fine. Well sure that's the point, why charge him a fine he couldn't afford? Besides I could "afford" a

Archived