The NFL thread

iMPACt!

Tough loss for New Orleans losing Colston for four weeks with a broken collarbone. Lance Moore would be the guy you'd think would see more playing time now but he clearly has injury concerns of his own after missing the Green Bay game with a groin problem. Robert Meachem should become more of a factor in the Saints passing game but keep an eye out for former Michigan Wolverine Adrian Arrington who could help fill the vacuum with a few looks from Brees.

• Paid Members
Hi folks

Going to try and get into the NFL this season.

I've been playing the Madden demo on the PS3 to try and learn the rules but there are still lots of stuff that I don't get or need a decent explanation.

Is there anywhere that has an NFL for dummies kind of guide?

Thanks!

One thing to watch out for, especially near the end of a half, is that the clock is stopped when somebody goes out of bounds, or there's an incomplete pass (ie it hits the ground). But if somebody's tackled, the clock carries on going. That's why a team that's behind with not much time left might deliberately throw it away or run off the field so that they can regather and sort out a plan without panicking.

I hope they don't exspect that kind of games from here on out. cause that was a crazy-good game.

Just what the NFL needed to expel the lock out hangover. Pittsburgh at Baltimore might show new fans of the game a different brand of NFL football later today. football.gif

I've got Ray Rice in my fantasy team. Not exactly expecting him to pull up trees today, but I'm not dropping my first round pick. It's the principle.

Despite a tough matchup this week against the Steelers, Rice is going to have a big year for you now that goal line vulture Willis McGahee is a Bronco - particularly if you're playing with PPR scoring. But you already know that.

It's becoming more and more common now though isn't it to not have a proper fullback. The roll became almost exclusively blocking (Alstott's the last one I can remember really running it) and now teams are either using a Tight End as an H-Back or sticking in a lineman behind the line of scrimmage as a blocker.

I think jg really wants one. but he's not going to settle for a mediocre one.

maybe moose, comes out of retirement ....or maybe not :rolleyes: