pro evo 12 / fifa 12

buba3d

• Paid Members
Will have a go at the online stuff over the weekend. Can anyone explain what point of Ultimate Team is?

Still the best part of the game for me and a massive reason why I turned from Pro Evo to Fifa a couple of years back. It's hard to explain but just give it a go and you'll soon get into it.

I'm 2 days in now and loving it so far, had an UT match last night with my useless English lower leagues squad in one of the beginner tournaments, came up against Corinthians in the final and their keeper was just out of this world, I had about 15 shots to their 2 and I just couldn't get past him. Made for such an exciting game, proper goalmouth scrambles, one on ones and long shots and he was everywhere. Went to extra time and pens at 0-0 and then sudden death before finally winning.

Not doing so well with my trading so far, have had a couple of small markups buying Seamus Coleman for 550 and selling him for 800 has been my best so far. Concentrating on buying managers to improve the longevity of contracts at the moment, really helps in the long run.

Stu, are you playing on Xbox or PS3?

I had a look at UT and I have to say it's great fun. Cheaply I bought a few gold packs with some spare MS points, I've done a bit of trading here and there and got a decent team together. I didn't put much thought into the chemistry between players though so I'm going to have to have to swap a few more. I came across a team full of German internationals yesterday. I got destroyed.

Not very happy that my original Manager mode save file corrupted. If I try to load the file it the game crashes. Anyone else had any problems with this?

Online Seasons is a great twist on your standard player v player game, makes it far more interesting.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifa 12 is the most maddening, frustrating and yet brilliant game i've ever played.

I've spent the last week, practically, in my pants screaming at the tele. Season mode is incredible.

It's a fucking nightmare getting the ball off of good opposition and for ever run of form you get (as Man Utd I smashed Villa for five, Chelsea for six and Liverpool six) you then go and have right slump (nobbed 4 - 0 by QPR).

Finished my first season with the Carling Cup, F.A Cup but just fourth in the league (2nd/3rd/4th seperated on goal difference, though).

Does Season/Career mode come with Champions League(Unofficial) football on Fifa12 if you finish in the top 4?

Yeah, Champions Cup.

I think a nice touch on this years Fifa season mode is that Martin Tyler/Alan Smith are your commentary team for League games, but you get Clive Tyldesley/Andy Townsend for cup games. Freshens it up a bit.

And, the new Transfer Deadline Day is awesome.

• Paid Members

Managed to swap my Ultimate team up a bit and now have a side (mostly) full of Italian, Serie A players. Chemistry is good but when I play online I get beat everytime. I start well but once I've shipped a goal I fall apart and end up conceding 3 or 4. I suck at Ultimate team! Doing a bit better in online seasons though. Got promoted in my first year.

Can't help but love the game.

• Paid Members
Managed to swap my Ultimate team up a bit and now have a side (mostly) full of Italian, Serie A players. Chemistry is good but when I play online I get beat everytime. I start well but once I've shipped a goal I fall apart and end up conceding 3 or 4. I suck at Ultimate team! Doing a bit better in online seasons though. Got promoted in my first year.

Yeah I don't think the matchmaking is as good in Ultimate Team, or rather that it matches based on your team level rather than your skill level. I tend to find in UT I either win 4 or 5 nil or get smashed 4 or 5 nil. As I'm only renting the game for now though I can't play online anymore thanks to EA's fantastic online pass thing. Cunts. So just waiting for the price to drop and I'll be back in the action and maybe we can have a few games Stu. I'm still working on a team of English champ players, got them to a decent chemistry level now. I've also invested in just about every manager that gives bonuses to contracts, 52% bonus now so when I give someone a bronze 5 contract, I'm getting 7 out of them. Makes it a lot easier in the long run.

• Paid Members

Yeah I don't think the matchmaking is as good in Ultimate Team, or rather that it matches based on your team level rather than your skill level. I tend to find in UT I either win 4 or 5 nil or get smashed 4 or 5 nil. As I'm only renting the game for now though I can't play online anymore thanks to EA's fantastic online pass thing. Cunts. So just waiting for the price to drop and I'll be back in the action and maybe we can have a few games Stu. I'm still working on a team of English champ players, got them to a decent chemistry level now. I've also invested in just about every manager that gives bonuses to contracts, 52% bonus now so when I give someone a bronze 5 contract, I'm getting 7 out of them. Makes it a lot easier in the long run.

Yeah ther seems a big difference in matchmaking between UT and standard online play. I'll stick with UT though because all these ass kickings will hopefully make me into a better player.

Anyone done much online with your Virtual pro? I've had a few ranked matches but not joined a club or anything yet.

• Paid Members
Anyone done much online with your Virtual pro? I've had a few ranked matches but not joined a club or anything yet.

I've had a couple of goes playing in an 11 vs 11 match as a free agent and had a good laugh. It does depend on who you are playing with though, definitely has the feel of an under 9's game at the park. Everyone wants to play up front, everyone just bunches towards the ball and nobody passes which makes it incredibly frustrating to try and play. The first couple of games I was in as a centre back and I swear for most of the game I was the only one in my own half.

• Paid Members

Me.

Love it so far. The main thing that annoyed me last year was the fact that the dribblers in the game could hardly get away from even the slowest of defenders, but thats been well and truly sorted out this year. The niggly fouls is a bit annoying still, but all in all it feels alot smoother/crisper than 2011.

I've refrained from posting anything until I gave it a good go over the weekend. The defensive system has been overhauled. It's a lot tougher to defend, but I'm getting there. Much like the attacking side of the game, it's all about timing. The AI has improved too, not just for your team, but the opposition too. They find space much better and requires you to sit deeper sometimes or they'll play a killer through ball. The fouls need tweaking a little. Freekicks happen far too often.

I was playing on Top Player quite happily on PES 2011, but I've been reduced to Regular at the moment. It's nice it's more challenging and gives me something to aim for. I've not started a ML yet, I'll wait for the option file first. I played and won the Champions League last night (on Regular). It was quite difficult, I had to play Real Madrid in the semi's and Barcelona in the final. I really expected to get murdered by them, but I found I played better. Probably because it made me have to defend more. I'm pretty good on the attack, and can finish well, so I know I'm almost certainly going to score. It's just a matter of keeping it tight at the back. I was opened up more by Benefica than Real or Barca to be honest.

Archived