pro evo 12 / fifa 12

buba3d

On Fifa 12, I'm playing a player career just controlling my virtual pro and just keep getting injured. I've missed 6 months of my first season so far. I have no stamina and can't last two matches. Obviously as it's a player only career I don't have a chance of resting myself and even when I can't physically sprint anymore I don't get subbed. I'm not over using the sprint button. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Fifa 12, I'm playing a player career just controlling my virtual pro and just keep getting injured. I've missed 6 months of my first season so far. I have no stamina and can't last two matches. Obviously as it's a player only career I don't have a chance of resting myself and even when I can't physically sprint anymore I don't get subbed. I'm not over using the sprint button. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Bear in mind I am fucking shit at FIFA, it's my first year with it since the Megadrive, but have you looked at the accomplishments thing? Try and do as many in the arena/warm up as you can, this'll give your stats a boost and you can see easy ones to pick up to boost your budding Michael Owen Hargreaves.

• Paid Members

Bear in mind I am fucking shit at FIFA, it's my first year with it since the Megadrive, but have you looked at the accomplishments thing? Try and do as many in the arena/warm up as you can, this'll give your stats a boost and you can see easy ones to pick up to boost your budding Michael Owen Hargreaves.

Keith is right, this is probably the bets thing to do first. Your overall fitness will get better as you progress and play more games, just shitty that you're having to run yourself into the ground and not get subbed. Choose Player/Manager next time.

I've had my second Player/Manager Mode career bug out on me now. Can't be arsed to start another.

• 2 weeks later...

As I've been ill for the past week and a half, I've not played any games at all. Finally picked up the pad last night and had a another good bash on PES. Also got round to installing the option file for all Prem clubs, and I've got nPower Championship, Bundesliga and the Portuguese league too. Going to start my Master League tonight.

Still really love the game and managed to play relatively comfortably on the Professional difficulty. I'm starting to understand the defending more and don't get ripped apart as much at the back. I'm scoring more from corners than I did on PES 2011 too, and my open play has always been good and is great to watch sometimes on replay (I don't mean that in a big headed way. It's more the positioning and intelligence of my players that allow me to string these bits of genius together).

The only let down is the commentary, which seems to get recycled year in and year out (who the fuck calls Alex Song, Song-Bilong for fucks sake?).

• Paid Members
can you still build or edit stadiums ?

That was almost a really cool addition last year, especially with so many good ones put on the option file, unfortunately (and I don't know if others experienced it) it seemed to add on about 20 seconds to each pre-game load and when playing through master league seasons it just got annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

So after playing PES quite solidly since release, I all of a sudden got bored with it. I kept PES 2011 for months and played it regularly, but something about 2012 is missing and I'm not sure what it is.

I downloaded the Fifa 12 demo to try it again, and found myself enjoying it despite my inability to score from open play (I was playing on Pro difficulty). I did find I was getting to grips with the tackling at last though. I decided to chance it and traded in PES for Fifa. I started a career but on Semi-Pro just so I could get used to Fifa's method of scoring. I got to grips with it quite quickly, played about 10 games in my career winning all of them, and quite comfortably too. I moved up to Pro and in my fist game I could feel the difference but actually managed to ship in 4 goals and only conceded 1. However, I've played 6 games since the change over and lost 5 and drew 1.

I find I always have this problem with Fifa games. The change in difficulty is too vast. I'm ripping the piss out of my opponents on semi-pro but on pro I can barely string passes together to create enough goal scoring opportunities, whilst my defence seem to be shambles. Or at least that's how it looks. I get torn apart quite easily.

Overall I think Fifa is the better game this year, but PES certainly takes it in the AI department. It is a more intelligent game. I like my footy games and I do like a challenge but it is really frustrating when you don't feel you can improve at all and the difference in difficulty is so big that moving down a notch would render the game boring because I'd be winning games with ease.

As I don't play online, I'm considering changing the defensive system to legendary as I find I'm weaker at the back (with the new defensive system). Other than that, does anyone have any tips for me to help make the game challenging but not unplayable?

EDIT:- I should also add that I have some difficulty with headers. What is the best button to use for different situations. I use the pass button to head from a goal kick, and the shoot button for crosses into the box (still yet to score with my head), but what do I use for crosses into my own box? I know it's about positioning also, but I very rarely win defensive headers.

Best think to do Mr Justice is to have a look at the gameplay sliders FIFA has, theres a number of CPU and user definied sliders in the options to help tweak the AI and such to your liking. Hopefully that'll give you a better balanced and enjoyable game.

On the headers part, I find FIFA 12's heading scheme to be a nightmare, I used to be able to win most headers with good positioning and a decent sized pro (around 5"11) but now I find it quite tricky to win any headers even with big strikers (from goal kicks/attacking crosses) on clubs mode which really bothers me. As for crosses coming into your own box, I would always use the shoot button to head out of my own box.

Best think to do Mr Justice is to have a look at the gameplay sliders FIFA has, theres a number of CPU and user definied sliders in the options to help tweak the AI and such to your liking. Hopefully that'll give you a better balanced and enjoyable game.

On the headers part, I find FIFA 12's heading scheme to be a nightmare, I used to be able to win most headers with good positioning and a decent sized pro (around 5"11) but now I find it quite tricky to win any headers even with big strikers (from goal kicks/attacking crosses) on clubs mode which really bothers me. As for crosses coming into your own box, I would always use the shoot button to head out of my own box.

I've not seen those gameplay sliders, I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the tips.

Archived