pro evo 12 / fifa 12

buba3d

was playing it all day yesterday, its went back to its original roots old school style unless thats for the pc version however i'm enjoying it and i haven't liked pes since it went from old gen to new gen, still ahven't won a game yet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me or do you not have control over the weight of your passes?

The ball seems to go at the same speed whether I'm tapping X or holding it down.

I've noticed that as well.

So far I'd say it's another step forward but not quite the finished article just yet but certainly is getting closer, though will be interesting to see how it has changed when the second demo is released. I'm glad they've fixed the crossing though.

First impressions:

The passing, although it does seem you can't control the weight of each one, has been a joy for me, there seems to be more freedom in who and where you can play a pass, and off the ball movement from the AI team mates is streets ahead of FIFA.

Ball physics seem to be a bit off, sometimes you can hammer a shot and it will zip for the first 10 yards or so, then begin to float away harmlessly. Hope they fix that before the next demo.

Crossing is lovely, I scored a peach earlier, Young held the ball up, Evra bombed on past him, whipped in a first time cross near the byline and Rooney smashed a header into the corner, back across the goal where it came from. Majestic.

Overall, so far it's a lot better than any other current gen PES, it has a real playability feel about it, hopefully it will continue to improve somewhat too. Looking good.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the game from the demo. There's enough changes to make it feel like a new game without it being too unfamiliar. I've only played the PC demo, which is supposed to be the same engine as the console versions, so will be interested to see how similar the PS3 version is tomorrow.

I like some of the smaller changes in the demo. Things like players picking up the ball for a throw in so you can take it right away rather than wait for the game to let you take it. I also had quite a cool moment when Villa went down injured in the box and the ref stopped the game whilst the ball was in the opposition's possession. The game then restarted with me participating in an uncontested drop ball which went back to their 'keeper. Also, I notice that there's no loading screen for substitutions, just a cutscene with the sub coming on. I don't know if this is just on the PC version or not, but I hope it's the same for the console versions as well (edit: just seen a brief loading screen when there were multiple subs coming on but nothing when there was just one sub).

Tried the 360 FIFA demo today and i think it's going to take a bit of getting used to the AI seems to keep the ball better and uses the ball better than in 11 which gives games against the computer more meaning.

Also will be running some leagues when the full game is out. Check out my sig for details.

Archived