pro evo 12 / fifa 12

buba3d

• Paid Members

Have to say I'm a little disappointed by the player impact engine and impact specific injuries so far, I downloaded this morning and got 2 games in before I left for work, first game I was playing it normally and thought it seemed pretty good although not massively different from previous version, second game I thought I'd give the impact engine a thrash so set about trying to injure the entire City team with vicious two footed lunges. Unfortunately the slide tackles still seem ridiculously tame and AI players just seemed to run through them without much happening.

Still, FIFA's edging it for me at the moment, I'll rent both before I buy one but FIFA's Ultimate Team (from the off this year) and the 'Football Clubs' stuff is swaying it for me.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way to turn the game speed down on the Fifa demo? It's far too fast that it feels arcadey, i played Fifa 11 again straight after it and it was unreal how different the speed was.

I know you can turn it down in the full game (usually) so im not too worried at the minute, but it's deffo too fast in the demo.

• Paid Members

I like Fifa. The pace is a little quicker which is welcomed, but I'm struggling with the new defending system. My old tactic of spamming A to close down and then tackle is no more, and life without it is hard. I'm relying more on using RB to have my team mates press and win the ball because I suck at closing down and often I leave massive holes in my defense and let the opposition skip through. I haven't manage to score a goal yet either. :(

I'm fucking rubbish. Still, I like it.

I put the difficulty up a bit on the PS3 version of Fifa and I was terrible at the new defending system. Like Stu, going to try and jockey an attacker always left huge holes in my defence. I lost my first two games 1-0 and then lost 4-0 to Dortmund. I did go in front with Man City against Marseille but ended up losing 2-1. I did change back to the old 'franchise defending' system for a game and actually won that, albeit on penalties having drawn 1-1.

• Paid Members

I can't remember what difficulty I played my last Fifa game (10) on so I switched it down to Semi-Pro and I'm finding it much more at my level and defending better. Managed to score a few now too.

Also tried the PES demo and I like that alot aswell. I want to get a footy game this year after a few years not bothering. I'll probably just get Fifa. Old habits.

Nicked my Son's hard drive whilst he was in bed so I could download the demo on his gold account.

First impressions after a 2-2 draw, feels very similar to last year. I've noticed a few smart runs from the AI which led to some good opportunities so I'm pleased with that. It feels a little klunky, but so did last years demo and that was ironed out. I have no idea how to use this off the ball control thing. Any ideas?

The controls seem pretty straight forward if you play the tutorial, but it's hard to pull off because I guess we're used to a very basic system where holding one button did all the donkey work.

Are you replying to me? If so, what tutorial? I'm talking about PES's off the ball player control (basically controlling two attacking players at once). I think you must be talking about Fifa's new defensive system.

• Paid Members
Are you replying to me? If so, what tutorial? I'm talking about PES's off the ball player control (basically controlling two attacking players at once). I think you must be talking about Fifa's new defensive system.

Yeah sorry, that's me not reading properly. I'm an idiot.

• Paid Members

Downloaded and played the FIFA Demo earlier on the PS3, really liked it, liked how they dealt with throw ins by removing the screenfade - the long range passes have improved as well, like how there is a bit of curl on them, I still have to get to grips with shooting as my efforts ended up in row Z - got through the tutorial like a breeze, liked how Eastlands looked too, really captured the detail.

Drew 1-1 with Man City, I was Dortmund, Lucas Barrios~!

Every new fifa I end up not liking it for the first few games then slowly but surely it grows on me.

The graphics seem to have been polished up and the menu tweaked a bit.

Really dislike the shoulder button now being used to bring in support from a defender :( especially if you are running at the same time, makes it very difficult to control imo.

Archived