Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Before you go Finlay, as a player Lion claimed as town and a multiple game MVP award winner, I would appreciate it if you could offer some of your thoughts for us to discuss in your absense.

Well, firstly I'd like to see Chris B's results from the wagon on Lion.

Secondly, I thought Spotlight's vote on Chris Stone was pretty suspicious. It was very close to deadline and Stone was in no danger of being lynched so it seemed like a clever way of keeping off the Lion wagon (after subtly pushing it here) without looking like he was doing it deliberately.

I'd also like to hear more from Andrew "The Ref" Coyne. He sort of disappeared in the last phase.

I can confirm my vote for Chris Stone was not based on anything other than being stressed out in real life and pissed off in this game. Basically, I read the post Chris Stone saying 'Good thing your not just playing with your bones...' as a personal jibe. I reacted stupidly. I apologised in our discussion and I'll do so again here, it was me being tetchy and not good play. If I had checked the deadline, then I wouldn't have done the vote at all, it was omgus.

Sorry Chris Stone, and sorry for being a dick.

• Paid Members
I agree Teedy!

My vote for today, as it stands, is still either Swift or Chris Stone.

Strange as I thought the majority of 'eh' play was coming from yourself!

Agree with unfitfinlay, I eagerly await Chris B and his spidey senses

I can confirm my vote for Chris Stone was not based on anything other than being stressed out in real life and pissed off in this game. Basically, I read the post Chris Stone saying 'Good thing your not just playing with your bones...' as a personal jibe. I reacted stupidly. I apologised in our discussion and I'll do so again here, it was me being tetchy and not good play. If I had checked the deadline, then I wouldn't have done the vote at all, it was omgus.

Sorry Chris Stone, and sorry for being a dick.

Nah i was being a little upfront / aggressive - it was to try and get a more emotional / fired response anyway they tend to give reads better, no apology needed as i said in the QT matey.

• Paid Members

Sorry, guys, but I don't have anything. I didn't realise this was a one-shot deal, as it wasn't as clear in my role PM as it could have been (no offense, Snake). I do have another one-shot ability as Spider-Man. I was Peter Parker last night, and watched a specific person, who nobody visited.

Andrew The Ref Coyne

Chris Stone

SpotlightMagnet1

2 OF THESE 3 ARE SCUM. IF WE HAVE A DAY VIGILANTE, TAKE ONE OF THEM OUT TODAY AND WE HAVE TWO DEFINITE SCUM, WORST CASE SCENARIO.

Andrew The Ref Coyne

Chris Stone

SpotlightMagnet1

2 OF THESE 3 ARE SCUM. IF WE HAVE A DAY VIGILANTE, TAKE ONE OF THEM OUT TODAY AND WE HAVE TWO DEFINITE SCUM, WORST CASE SCENARIO.

That's assuming that you are telling the truth, that results aren't obscured in someway (perhaps some people will appear scummy on wagons to you, whilst a scum member will not) etc. Claiming to be completely certain is ridiculous especially when with swift we have a possible case of inaccurate readings.

Also i could be wrong but didn't you remove people from the suspicion down to the fact that Lion had cleared them? If so you might need to rethink that as it's completely possible his results were skewed if indeed swift is telling the truth.

What are your views on swiftstrike, his claim and obviously that either he got given a wrong result or he is lying?

Andrew the ref coyne, andrew the giant, spotlightmagnet1, Vipes:

Please give your opinions on Lion and Swiftstrike. Which of the two would you lynch?

Swiftstrike, Lion:

Please give your opinions on Andrew the ref coyne, andrew the giant, spotlightmagnet1 and Vipes. Which two of the four would you lynch?

Also, isn't it a little odd that Andrew the Giant got killed in the night phase? Either there is scum in amongst the 3 left who are mentally retarded and want us to get an easier kill on them OR they're leading us down a merry little path because they are not in that circle OR we have a vig who shot andrew last night based on this information and a scum kill was blocked; If you're reading this and you blocked someone last night, it may well be incredibly important information you have, whether you reveal it or how you reveal it is completely upto yourselves.

Chris, you pretty much at times have said that Swift or Lion are scum - Lion got lynched on the back of it and turned up town, shouldn't you now be assuming that swift must be scum? If swift were to turn out town you could absolutely add Teedy back to the list of possible suspects since it was Lion who cleared him in the first place and his results would be thrown into disarray, it would make more sense for him to have killed Andrew than it would have anybody in the list of names you say 2 of must be scum, wouldn't it? This is all assuming that your results are completely accurate, that you're telling the truth and that stars align perfectly in the sky to make a giant penis with little spurts of semen coming out of the end.

At least this is my understanding of it.

I'm not trying to discredit your claim, nor am I trying to take this investigation away from me but you have to realise that 'Kill 3 hope for 2' is not the best option, it needs to be coupled with actual scum hunting and at the moment that isn't being included in your case, at all you're relying solely on your ability and your ability alone when chances are there is more information floating around than we currently know as a collective team.

Also, there's still someone out there who took a more than active role in lynching Lion - something which has yet to be explained or looked into, the only reason i can see that someone wouldn't say 'Hey, it was me!' is because it was a scum motivated vote - who's likely to have done that? It looks scum motivated, and until it is confirmed not to be I will be persuing that line of thought - Somebody made me vote Lion - Somebody hammered without putting their name to it, Somebody is not telling us that they did that. Yes if you're sceptical that could have been a scum on scum move to confuse and i could know exactly who did it but i honestly don't however i do heavily suspect that the person who did it may well be scum.

You talk as if thise game is wrapped up and completed, i have a feeling it is far from done yet and that hero victory is not completely secure.

If i've gotten any facts wrong please point them out, it's not a misrep in any situation i've read the game through fully now once but having not taken part in it, bits tend to come out of my mind.

And just to make it clear, Swifts roleclaim to me also seems legit, he was very forward trying to get people to say things which suited his purpose and between him and Lion I'd have been hard pressed to find someone to vote for - infact i'd likely have voted neither now that i've read through the game. By having such similar roles they'd both be in danger of containment once the other flips town it's a very unsafe play from scum either way to counter claim or so heavily push your role from the get go.

I think at least in their cases that they were getting polar opposite results, were insane or one was correct the other wrong the whole time, that may well have no impact on other roles in the game but we ought to be slightly wary of misinformation. Chris your role is possibly a little exposed to dickarsery on Snake's part just as a godfather would come up innocent to investigation someone might not appear asthey should to your spidey senses.

Archived