Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, this is just some scummy bullshit right here.

That's assuming that you are telling the truth, that results aren't obscured in someway (perhaps some people will appear scummy on wagons to you, whilst a scum member will not) etc. Claiming to be completely certain is ridiculous especially when with swift we have a possible case of inaccurate readings.

Also i could be wrong but didn't you remove people from the suspicion down to the fact that Lion had cleared them? If so you might need to rethink that as it's completely possible his results were skewed if indeed swift is telling the truth.

What are your views on swiftstrike, his claim and obviously that either he got given a wrong result or he is lying?

You're attacking the idea of anyone using investigative powers. According to you, Lion either was getting wrong information (thus any information from him is suspect), Swift was getting wrong information (thus any information from him is suspect) or I'm getting wrong information (thus any information from me is suspect).

Yes, there's always a risk, but you're suggesting ignoring abilities, which is bullshit. We're not all insane. The most likely answer is that Swift is lying - unless there are two lie detectors and one was insane. However, to extrapolate from that, and say that it's more likely that other powers are insane as well....you're either an idiot or you're scum.

I removed Teedy Kay, based on Lion clearing him. Since Lion has been found to be telling the truth about his role, I have no reason to doubt this. If swift is lying, he's doing it very well, however, I now think he's scum. But not as much as I think you're scum. Ever since you joined the game, you've been defending yourself and casting doubt on people's findings - you're even casting doubt on confirmed roles.

I'll continue with your next post.

• Paid Members
Also, isn't it a little odd that Andrew the Giant got killed in the night phase? Either there is scum in amongst the 3 left who are mentally retarded and want us to get an easier kill on them OR they're leading us down a merry little path because they are not in that circle OR we have a vig who shot andrew last night based on this information and a scum kill was blocked; If you're reading this and you blocked someone last night, it may well be incredibly important information you have, whether you reveal it or how you reveal it is completely upto yourselves.

Yes, it's a WIFOM, isn't it? Scum kill someone who doesn't seem useful for them to kill. Complete WIFOM argument.

How about option 4? That scum see discrediting me as an important point. Killing me is bad, because I get verified, and everyone then knows who is scum. However, trying to get me lynched? Smart move.

Chris, you pretty much at times have said that Swift or Lion are scum - Lion got lynched on the back of it and turned up town, shouldn't you now be assuming that swift must be scum? If swift were to turn out town you could absolutely add Teedy back to the list of possible suspects since it was Lion who cleared him in the first place and his results would be thrown into disarray, it would make more sense for him to have killed Andrew than it would have anybody in the list of names you say 2 of must be scum, wouldn't it? This is all assuming that your results are completely accurate, that you're telling the truth and that stars align perfectly in the sky to make a giant penis with little spurts of semen coming out of the end.

Yes, I am assuming that swift is probably scum. But not as probably scum as you are.

Your whole point rests on scum killing Andrew as casting doubt on my results. I point out instead that Andrew was likely killed IN ORDER to cast doubt on my results. Which you're doing. Which means you're probably scum. "The stars align pefectly"? For me to be telling the truth and have accurate results. Yeah, that's completely unlikely.

At least this is my understanding of it.

Or to put it another way 'Hey look everyone, I'm just finding this oh so complicated, so Chris can't be telling the truth, can he?".

I'm not trying to discredit your claim

Yes. You actually are.

, nor am I trying to take this investigation away from me but you have to realise that 'Kill 3 hope for 2' is not the best option, it needs to be coupled with actual scum hunting and at the moment that isn't being included in your case, at all you're relying solely on your ability and your ability alone when chances are there is more information floating around than we currently know as a collective team.

What the fuck does that mean? I was all over the Swift/Lion thing yesterday as well, and pointed out that Swift's roleclaim didn't add up. (The penance stare, incidentally - the ability to cause others to experience a level of emotional pain equivalent to that which they have caused others as a result of illegal or immoral activities. )

Also, there's still someone out there who took a more than active role in lynching Lion - something which has yet to be explained or looked into, the only reason i can see that someone wouldn't say 'Hey, it was me!' is because it was a scum motivated vote - who's likely to have done that? It looks scum motivated, and until it is confirmed not to be I will be persuing that line of thought - Somebody made me vote Lion - Somebody hammered without putting their name to it, Somebody is not telling us that they did that. Yes if you're sceptical that could have been a scum on scum move to confuse and i could know exactly who did it but i honestly don't however i do heavily suspect that the person who did it may well be scum.

Can the other two members of the FF confirm that the mod backed you up on this? Or is it just your word?

You talk as if thise game is wrapped up and completed, i have a feeling it is far from done yet and that hero victory is not completely secure.

If i've gotten any facts wrong please point them out, it's not a misrep in any situation i've read the game through fully now once but having not taken part in it, bits tend to come out of my mind.

I don't think it's wrapped up. Chances are that we have one other person to find after these two. But I think it's a damn good start and the best move at this point in time.

And just to make it clear, Swifts roleclaim to me also seems legit, he was very forward trying to get people to say things which suited his purpose and between him and Lion I'd have been hard pressed to find someone to vote for - infact i'd likely have voted neither now that i've read through the game. By having such similar roles they'd both be in danger of containment once the other flips town it's a very unsafe play from scum either way to counter claim or so heavily push your role from the get go.

I think at least in their cases that they were getting polar opposite results, were insane or one was correct the other wrong the whole time, that may well have no impact on other roles in the game but we ought to be slightly wary of misinformation. Chris your role is possibly a little exposed to dickarsery on Snake's part just as a godfather would come up innocent to investigation someone might not appear asthey should to your spidey senses.

Even if someone didn't appear as they should, that doesn't affect the ones who DID appear.

Vote: Chris Stone

• Paid Members
Awaiting a PM before I go anywhere else on my vote.

It's hard for me to paint a picture when I haven't got the right words.

Have we been told we can't discuss what Lion did with the picture? Or are you referring to something else?

Chris, you've stated a few times there are 3 scum total, right? Well the numbers do not add up, do they? How can 2 people in your little list be scum AND swift?

and no, i'm not saying ignore all investigative roles, that's not the point at all but right now we do not know how much stock we can put into the results. If Swift is telling the truth it is lunacy to completely clear Teedy - this point is not even arguable and you know it. Are you completely also disregarding that you may well have people who don't show up as the right alignment with your ability? There're things which appear wrongly to cops etc so what makes you so certain there can be nothing which does to your role?

All i am trying to say is it doesn't add up. Your own math on the amount of scum doesn't match up, Lions investigative abilities may well not be correct either.

an the other two members of the FF confirm that the mod backed you up on this? Or is it just your word?

Mod has already confirmed this in that it was HIS post that laid my vote down, nothing from my account.

If i were you personally and held your views I'd lynch swift, i'd then know that Teedy was possibly scum when swift turns up telling the truth (i'm pretty certain he is) and then i'd do some actual scum hunting since it may well be 2 out of the 4 but there may be something odd with your results.

I'm not advocating lynching swift at all though, he is blatently telling the truth.

And anyway i'm not saying all powers are insane, however the Lion / Swift same claim thing makes me believe that neither were likely to have gotten good results. With your ability you're likely fully sane, i'm just saying that there may be people who appear wrongly, so just killing all 3 and hoping isnot the best idea. If you want to kill me go ahead, but it's not going to wield a good result I guess then you can do on a rampage and kill the other 2 and hope.

Ever since you joined the game, you've been defending yourself and casting doubt on people's findings - you're even casting doubt on confirmed roles.

This quote is hilarious. Yes the role is confirmed, no the sanity is not, infact it's in question, why? Because someone else with the same role is confirmed as getting wrong results!

Open your eyes man.

Archived