Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The subtitle of the game reads Beyonders Endgame?

Does this mean the game might end during this day or night?

Somebody on the last page asked one of the FF to confirm something, but I didn't get what you wanted confirming, so can you please post it.

I will confirm it one way or another when I finish work tonight.

• Paid Members
The subtitle of the game reads Beyonders Endgame?

Does this mean the game might end during this day or night?

Somebody on the last page asked one of the FF to confirm something, but I didn't get what you wanted confirming, so can you please post it.

I will confirm it one way or another when I finish work tonight.

Sorry, I'd missed a bit of the flavour text, and that Chris Stone had his vote put on Lion for him.

Doesn't change any of what I think, mind.

Sorry, I'd missed a bit of the flavour text, and that Chris Stone had his vote put on Lion for him.

Doesn't change any of what I think, mind.

I've a feeling nothing will change what you think no matter how rational. You're accusing me of taking no roles into account whereas all you're doing is taking your own and a possibly insane role from Lion into account. You've crossed someone off the list of suspects who absolutely should be getting looked at. If Teedy were to be scum and you've completely disregarded that idea there may well (even if ur information is correct) be just 1 scum in amongst the 3 you are looking at. so that already brings it to a situation where you could possibly kill more town than scum.

Even if you think i'm scum, is it really that intelligent to leave out a possible? There has to be some doubt in your mind regarding the information Lion put forward.

You can spin my thoughts however you like and make them look anti-town but in the end you'll be making a massive mistake. You're tunneling in the worst possible way, you're tunnelling in part based on a possibly flawed result from Lion, possible errors in your own role (although i'll admit there's nothing that actually suggests that) and still you've got at best 1 town lynched, possibly 2 and then what if there was someone who appeared wrongly for some reason? You'll lynch Swift, realise that he is telling the truth (i cant be certain but i'm damn close, his claim is far too ballsy otherwise and unless he knew there would be a counter claim it makes no sense) and then decide that teedy is back on the cards and lynch him - that's a possible 3 town you are willing to take out.

Just look at the information you have, as a whole, scum hunt along side it and you lower the odds of hitting town, how on earth is that an anti-town statement to make?

Infact, fuck it.

Chris your play makes no sense what so ever.

You either think Swift is lying and thus he is scum - Lynch him

You think Swift is telling the truth and his role gave him wrong results, which means Lions possibly did too, add Teedy back to your list of suspects.

The current 'I think swift is scum, but i'm unwilling to add teedy back' just looks like you're protecting Teedy - If you lynched Swift and saw he was telling the truth you'd absolutely have to add teedy back to the list... are you protecting him for some reason?

This isn't OMGUS because i started questioning you before your vote on me.

Vote: Chris B[/vote]

Make a stance on swift / teedy and i'll maybe remove this vote, until then you look like you're defending teedy and you're playing a scummy game.

Damn used a MS tag at the end lol...

Vote: Chris B

• Paid Members
Infact, fuck it.

Chris your play makes no sense what so ever.

You either think Swift is lying and thus he is scum - Lynch him

You think Swift is telling the truth and his role gave him wrong results, which means Lions possibly did too, add Teedy back to your list of suspects.

The current 'I think swift is scum, but i'm unwilling to add teedy back' just looks like you're protecting Teedy - If you lynched Swift and saw he was telling the truth you'd absolutely have to add teedy back to the list... are you protecting him for some reason?

This isn't OMGUS because i started questioning you before your vote on me.

Vote: Chris B[/vote]

Make a stance on swift / teedy and i'll maybe remove this vote, until then you look like you're defending teedy and you're playing a scummy game.

Damn used a MS tag at the end lol...

Vote: Chris B

If it turned out swift was telling the truth, why does it then follow that Lion was insane?

Because Swift will have been garunteed as being so - there is at least the possibility and whilst that exists (and there would be a reason for that possibility) Teedy should not be ruled out.

Perhaps Swift and Lion had polar opposite results, perhaps Lion was sane and Swift wasn't, perhaps both were insane? We don't know but Lions results would be called into question. In which case it comes down to scum hunting.

• Paid Members

You're saying my play makes no sense because I believe:

A - The confirmed lie detector was a lie detector

B - The confirmed lie detector cleared someone.

We have an uncomfirmed lie detector. I'm not totally clearing Teedy Kay, but he's off my list of suspects for now.

If I'm wrong, we're back to a 50/50 with regards to the four people on the vote. If I'm right, we're at 66/33.

I like those odds, what can I say?

You're saying my play makes no sense because I believe:

A - The confirmed lie detector was a lie detector

B - The confirmed lie detector cleared someone.

We have an uncomfirmed lie detector. I'm not totally clearing Teedy Kay, but he's off my list of suspects for now.

If I'm wrong, we're back to a 50/50 with regards to the four people on the vote. If I'm right, we're at 66/33.

I like those odds, what can I say?

The thing is, if you're wrong you've actively suggested lynching 2 town in your 3 suspects, who knows what could happen in the time it takes them to die? It could be a scum win. If you're right it does indeed mean 66/33 but that's a big if.

What strikes me as odd though is that you're not going after the unconfirmed lie detector, you don't believe his claim from what i've read so why not put that to rest? If he's scum as you seem to think it follows that you can still confirm teedy and stick with you 2 out of the 3 - you win the game quicker.

Surely from your POV lynching Swift will bag us scum, you'll be much more certain you can rule teedy out and you'll be left with 2 of 3 and likely have won the game?

The problem i have is this: I know i'm not scum, which means the other 2 must be but aside from some points i've raised with spotlight i'm not 100% sure that he is. If there's scum inside of the FF i'm not certain that it isn't possible to be SMS at this point any more than i am with spotlight.

Your odds work out fine, but the chance that we lose this before we get the scum if indeed teedy is scum is big enough that you should be worried about it.

There's still the vote that i was forced to place aswell, no one seems to be owning up to it as of yet - which as i say make it look scummy... why,who etc is a question which i need an answer to.

Imagine if that ability was designed to mess with your power? Somebody places a vote down as me, it reads as a scummy vote because it originated from someone scummy - if you'd had a second shot as it looked like you might that would practically have confirmed me as scum, wouldn't it? Nobody knew your skill was one shot until today...

Seriously there's a lot of shit going on around us that doesn't quite add up, so if you're going to stick to your guns and push a lynch on me, ok do it - but first look elsewhere if indeed you are town it's the absolute town thing to do rather than just sucumb to the odds.

I'm going to remove my vote for now, as at least you've admitted that teedy could be a suspect.

Unvote: Chris B

If I'm right and there are three scum left, then we're even tomorrow if we lynch wrong. Which means we lose.

So I suggest we all roleclaim at this point in time.

There are likely some roles best not revealed for night stage though, they could well be the difference between a win and a loss if we were to lynch wrong or scum were to target people wrongly. If someone has a role like that, if everyone else claims and they refuse to it may well lead to scum knowing where to avoid by default, i'm not sure that claims will help us all that much at this point.

• Paid Members

By the way, at this stage in the game, if you think Swift is town, why ON EARTH are you suggesting I vote for him?

Do you not realise how badly counterproductive that is?

Seriously, if we have a day vig, kill this guy.

I would suggest a day vig does not shoot me.

I hadn't actually done the math as to how close we were to a loss and i'm not suggesting you kill him... i'm saying that's what would make sense with your thought train over some odds. I wouldn't vote to kill swift at this point. since you seemed to know how close we were let me ask you a question:

Why were you suggesting a 2 of 3 possible 2 of 4 odds?

You're being oh so very hypocritical.

You're also asking for role claims which unless there's specific useful information the roles can give us now will help very little - it may actually kill towns chances of pulling this back if indeed we do lynch wrongly tonight...

Seriously, if it weren't for your role claim i would be voting and pushing against you so incredibly hard right now.

Archived