RIOT!

big mickey

10,000 extra police out tonight. So 16,000 instead of 6,000. Should make a big difference hopefully.

As I said earlier they will just go where the police arent or stretch them thin again, its not that hard really could have 100000 police on the street still wouldnt be enough. If they want to cause trouble they will

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea the best way to deal with this, but I'm liking your water cannon idea right now.

Water cannons are what they used in Greece, right? I think that's probably the best option.

I'm more interested to see what kind of organised protests & rallies we see after the initial frenzy subsides. Once all the televisions & trainers are gone we'll be left with those who are genuinely interested in social change I would hope.

Hence the phrase "reasonable force".

So, you'd agree that when faced with rioters ransacking businesses and endangering lives, the police should be allowed to use all reasonable force to restore order?

So, you'd agree that when faced with rioters ransacking businesses and endangering lives, the police should be allowed to use all reasonable force to restore order?

Of course they should. In fact, I've always said that the police should be busting heads of the actual criminals, rather than taking it out on newspaper salesmen and subway commuters.

• Paid Members

Water cannons are great for dispersing large crowds. I don't think they'd be effective against many small crowds of looters who are constantly moving. They used armoured cars to good effect to break up crowds last night. Should've taken my suggestion of tanks way earlier.

• Paid Members
Apparently there's one water cannon in Northern Ireland and that's it. I don't see why they haven't had it brought over here to use as an precaution, as they didn't seem to be ruling it out.

Fuck that. The last thing this summer needs is a hosepipe ban :angry:

It's a hypothetical scenario anyway. I've already suggested a lot larger police numbers.

You've changed your tune again then, you've been arguing all day about how punitive measures and heavy policing won't help.

Good to see we're now all in agreement that water cannon and batons to sweep the scum off the street is the way forward today, tea tree oil massages and bingo drives to be delayed until further notice.

Edited by Loki

You've changed your tune again then, you've been arguing all day about how punitive measures and heavy policing won't help.

I haven't, there's a difference between increasing numbers and 'START CRACKING SKULLS!'

It's not often I quote the Daily Mail;

The gap between the richest and the poorest in London is wider than it has been since the days of slavery, a leading academic said today.

The City elite and the wealthy in the capital enjoy the greatest advantage over the poorest that has been known in 200 years, Professor Danny Dorling said.

And in the rest of the country the difference between the best and worst off is as big as it was in the slump years of the 1920s when mass unemployment led to poverty without a welfare state safety net.

The analysis from Professor Dorling is the latest evidence that the rich have grown rich under Labour compared to the working people whom the party was founded to help.

In a new book, Injustice, Why Social Inequality Persists, he charged that a new orthodoxy which accepts that greed is good has encouraged the widening of the gap between rich and poor.

In an interview yesterday, Professor Dorling, of Sheffield University, said the top 10 per cent of people living in London have on average wealth worth

• Paid Members

"Purple is made entirely of red."

"No, purple is made up of a combination of red and blue, though the proportions vary depending on the shade."

"Why are you saying purple is made entirely of blue?"