RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
Oh, for sure. In a perverse way, it's situations like this that make me think, sometimes, that man is universally good at his core: the looters will burgle and steal, but no-one's looking to take lives.

That's fortune with arson, not anyone being "good".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, for sure. In a perverse way, it's situations like this that make me think, sometimes, that man is universally good at his core: the looters will burgle and steal, but no-one's looking to take lives.

so what about all the arson and people jumping from burning buildings, thats attempted murder surely

• Paid Members
Not really a discussion for now, probably, but would anyone consider arming the police?

I wouldn't. If specially trained and highly experienced Police marksmen can make mistakes, I wouldn't fancy expanding that to every man and his dog.

We have armed forces for a reason, they should be backing the police up.

• Paid Members
But their hands are tied. Im not saying I want Police to be immune and able to pile in and smash people to shit but right now they are helpless and unable to do a thing. They pretty much aren't police anymore, just prevention obstacles and this has come about because of people calling for it over the years.

It's difficult, for sure - there's so much mistrust right now, and the fact that it is an "Us vs. Them" situation at all is sad enough. As Terry Pratchett tried to say through his City Watch, "a Watchman IS a citizen" - there shouldn't be that divide.

• Paid Members
Id rather not read all the way through this so can someone just tell me why people in London & Birmingham are rioting or looting please.

Because the opportunity was there to do it.

• Paid Members
That's fortune with arson, not anyone being "good".

so what about all the arson and people jumping from burning buildings, thats attempted murder surely

A bit like how an irresponsible and thoughtless child would behave if allowed to get older, I think. I think there's disregard for fellow humans there, and that should be dealt with severely, but I don't know if one could claim there's murderous intent.

So obviously London and Birmingham are kicking off, this could potentially lead to a spiral of copy cats in other cities.

Whats the bets on the next city?

Nottingham?

Manchester?

Cotswolds?

Got to be Manchester

I am suprised it hasnt kicked of there already.