CM Punk in TNA

or619

Isn't this just a very sad indictment of how much belief TNA have in their product ??

ImpactWrestling.com announced that WWE superstar CM Punk will be "coming to TNAOnDemand.com." For those unaware, CM Punk worked for TNA in 2003-04, and the company will be compiling his best matches and making them available to watch via their online subscription service.

I find this quite ridiculous what does everyone else think ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As I said in the other thread, it's not ridiculous at all. They want to maximise revenue streams, they're a business. Of course they're going to take advantage of Punk suddenly becoming the hottest property in wrestling. They've got the footage and they'd sell it anyway, so why not while there's a chance it could shift more than it usually does? What's the point of having it otherwise?

As I said in the other thread, it's not ridiculous at all. They want to maximise revenue streams, they're a business. Of course they're going to take advantage of Punk suddenly becoming the hottest property in wrestling. They've got the footage and they'd sell it anyway, so why not while there's a chance it could shift more than it usually does? What's the point of having it otherwise?

He's spot on ya know. Honestly, picking have this pathological need to whine about whatever tna does sometimes, makes em look very silly.

First of all sorry didn't realise this had been brought up on the other thread.

Personally I think it is a little silly that TNA are selling the other companies number one guy on their site ? It's the equivalent of Vince advertising a Sting month on their website which he wouldn't do.

Secondly I have no bones to pick with TNA and if you look back at my few posts I post here I am not a pathological whiner about them either :confused: I'm just a longtime fan with an opinion and I just saw this reported and thought it was worthy of a thread, I apologise if it wasn't.

I don't think there's anything wrong with TNA cashing in on their library at all. Wrestling's all about name value, and CM Punk's has never been higher. Wrestling's not about high horsing and moral ground, it's about raking in money. If John Cena was outed as a sex offender (say by having ROH DVDs in his bedroom) and sacked from WWE, there'd be promotions all over the world looking to bring him in for a night and promote the fuck out of it to kids. And fair play to them if they did. TNA putting their old CM Punk footage online is nowhere near as bad as that.

Personally I think it is a little silly that TNA are selling the other companies number one guy on their site ? It's the equivalent of Vince advertising a Sting month on their website which he wouldn't do.

Hasn't Sting been on the cover of a couple of WWE DVDs the last few months?

I don't think there's anything wrong with TNA cashing in on their library at all. Wrestling's all about name value, and CM Punk's has never been higher. Wrestling's not about high horsing and moral ground, it's about raking in money. If John Cena was outed as a sex offender (say by having ROH DVDs in his bedroom) and sacked from WWE, there'd be promotions all over the world looking to bring him in for a night and promote the fuck out of it to kids. And fair play to them if they did. TNA putting their old CM Punk footage online is nowhere near as bad as that.

Hasn't Sting been on the cover of a couple of WWE DVDs the last few months?

Only as a part of a much bigger picture and on one he was barely visible in the background. Those dvd's were promoting WCW and you couldn't leave Sting off. But Vince would never release a Sting DVD while he was still in TNA would he which is somewhat like what TNA are doing now isn't it although online.

• Paid Members

When I found this out, I thought it was for the TNA Epics show on Spike, but its only for the On Demand Service. That kind of audience is into that whole "TNA was better when Nikita Koloff was doing run ins crowd", so they will probably buy this. I wouldnt be a fan if it was on TV if I'm honest. It wouldnt look good if the CM Punk Best Of outdrew the Kurt Angle one.

On the flip side: TNA has footage of CM Punk and Christian (the current champs of WWE) doing jobs on their TV. They should play clips of Angle and Jarrett slapping Christian and Punk about on Impact or something. It was an old WCW trick. Scott Hall left for WCW in the early 90s, so when he got big as Razor Ramon WCW kept showing footage of him getting a good kicking off Sting.

When Hogan joined TNA, he was suddenly all over wwe.com as they plugged his best of DVD.

I'm sure the fans who actually use TNA's on-demand service will not migrate to WWE as a result. If they're CM Punk fans, they'll likely already be WWE fans. If anything, it'll probably bring awareness of TNAs online service to people who never knew about it before.

Think about it. A WWE fan who has never watched any TNA, currently has CM Punk-fever and can't get enough of the hottest thing in wrestling. Oh look, here's a bunch of CM Punk matches he's never heard about before! FapFapFap and whammo, a new fan has sampled TNA's product and put some dollardollar in their pocket.

New fans, more money. Naturally it will put TNA out of business in 6 months, right?

Agree, surely it's a good thing for TNA, some people may even see those matches, notice some of the wrestlers he was against are still there, and watch it.

Anyway, if Angle went to the Olympics next year, Vince would surely consider putting an Angle DVD out?

Thing is, I don't remember Punk having any good matches in TNA. I vaguely remember him as a background character in some bizarre Raven angle that involved a hanging, but that's it.

Incidentally, is Christian the first wrestler to win the WWE championship AFTER having won the TNA championship?

Archived