CM Punk in TNA

or619

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of enraging the fanboys, if I want to watch enjoyable wrestling matches I look to TNA. Although TNA goes through phases of good and bad booking generally speaking they have a better variety of matches than the WWE do and more enjoyable storylines.

• Paid Members

I had TNA Impact on series link throughout 2009 and most of 2010. Throughout 2010 I'd end up fast forwarding through most episodes and by the summer I'd end up deleting them before watching them. When they got rid of Bravo and started showing it on Challenge, I didn't bother setting up a series link so I haven't been watching regularly this year. Got very bored of it.

Over the past few years have been watching WWE on a 'when its on' basis, but the Nexus angle caught my attention last year. By January I was well and truly back into it- setting up a series link for Raw and I've watched every PPV (apart from Capitol Punishment), three of which I watched live.

But based on what I've seen over the past year and a half, I enjoy WWE a hell of a lot more than TNA. WWE for me have had much better storylines, TNA seem to lack pacing and build and for me seem to rush through storylines. WWE have been pretty good at slow-building things over the past year.

Count me in as well. I don't watch WWE and haven't for years. I stopped watching regularly around 2002 and then by 2005/2006 I stopped watching completely outside of a few of promos/segments per year (like for example the controversial CM Punk promo or Rock's return). TNA on the other hand I watch every week and have done so almost since its beginning. I don't know that it's better (booking-wise, wrestling-wise, etc.) but it's certainly more fun for me to watch and that's what counts in my book.

• Paid Members

I've recently come to the conclusion that, if I want variety and a lot of diversity in storylines on a regular basis, I watch TNA. If I want to see one, big-time storyline, I'll catch WWE.

Cases in point: past few years, I've been watching TNA relatively regularly, but a couple of years ago, I tuned in to WWE to catch the big Orton/Vince angle (the punt, etc.). Last year, it was the Nexus tearing the place to bits. This year, it's the recent Punk storyline.

I find the TNA tv matches just a lot more enjoyable as well. Steiner v RVD this week was great fun, then you always have a fast-paced X Div match and a Knockouts match for the wrist. Every time I try and watch WWE nowadays I get bored by the third identical tv match.

WWE do the big main events better, and when they get on a roll with a big storyline they are great at the writing, but you have to sit through a lot of dross.

Archived