CM Punk in TNA

or619

Thing is, I don't remember Punk having any good matches in TNA. I vaguely remember him as a background character in some bizarre Raven angle that involved a hanging, but that's it.

Incidentally, is Christian the first wrestler to win the WWE championship AFTER having won the TNA championship?

technically he won the NWA Championship...I think. I don't know if he counts specifically as a TNA World Champion (maybe I'm just being pedantic)

R-Truth is the same if he were to ever win the WWE/World Champion

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Didn't Christian win the World Heavyweight Championship, aka the world title they put on ex-WCW/TNA guys without having to dirty their prized WWE Championship?

Yeah, guys like Triple H, Batista, Orton and Edge...

Yeah, guys like Triple H, Batista, Orton and Edge...

I didn't say it was exclusively given to ex-WCW guys. But when an ex-WCW guy (or ex-TNA guy in Christian's case) has been pushed to the 'top', they've been given the World Heavyweight Title, not the WWE Title. The only exception has been Eddie Guerrero.

• Paid Members
I didn't say it was exclusively given to ex-WCW guys. But when an ex-WCW guy (or ex-TNA guy in Christian's case) has been pushed to the 'top', they've been given the World Heavyweight Title, not the WWE Title. The only exception has been Eddie Guerrero.

Benoit won the World Heavyweight title in the main event of the biggest WrestleMania ever against two of their biggest and best wrestlers of all time. I'd say that was a bigger deal than a WWE title run. RVD also won the WWE title and he's a former WCW wrestler. Its not the belt that matters. The big stars will always be the big stars no matter if they are the champion or not. Christian could easily win the WWE title and it wouldnt make a bit of difference to Christians star power, John Cena's value or the WWE as a whole. Rey Mystero has won the WWE title also.

• Paid Members
Rey Mysterio held the WWE title for 90 minutes, that hardly counts. And RVD is as much a former WCW guy as AJ Styles is a former WWE guy.

Mysterio still won it. And he won the World title off Angle and Orton, which says a lot. And RVD is a former ECW wrestler. Thats worse than being a former WCW wrestler. The point still stands. Its not the belt, its who your in the program with at the time. Booker T won the World belt and was in a high profile main event feud with Batista (who was one of the biggest stars in the business). This means far more than a WWE title reign. The World title since the brand extention has been the main belt in the main event at Mania three times. Its far from a belt they just put on ex-WCW wrestlers.

Rey Mysterio held the WWE title for 90 minutes, that hardly counts. And RVD is as much a former WCW guy as AJ Styles is a former WWE guy.

I remember seeing RVD on WCW Worldwide in the early to mid 90's. Don't ever recall seeing AJ on WWE television.

• Paid Members

Wasn't Robbie V signed to wcw, whereas AJ just done a couple of metal/jakked jobs? I don't think you can say they're the same.

Anyway the WWE have treated both world titles as equals over the past several years, hence why they switch them between brands now and then. If they really treated one higher than the other, they'd keep that belt on Raw. Recently they put over the WWE title as the most important title in wrestling, but that of course was said to make the.current punk angle even bigger and put over how much of a loss it would be if punk left WWE with the belt.

Around WMXX, I was convinced the big gold belt was their main title, given how they treated it, but they are equal and take it in turns in giving each belt a bigger feud over it.

• Paid Members

Well, I can see where both arguments lie. If by tna selling a punk product/DVD whatever, raises punks profile it could potentially convince tna fans to check out other punk matches (I.e - wwe tv). Also, if it's watched by many, he could outshine tna wrestlers DVDs/on demand etc.

Saying that, they have a product that they could make money off, 100% without a doubt, I think they are right to try and make money from this.

I'm pretty sure wwe were knocking out classic superstar figures whilst said wrestler was in tna.

Well, I can see where both arguments lie. If by tna selling a punk product/DVD whatever, raises punks profile it could potentially convince tna fans to check out other punk matches (I.e - wwe tv). Also, if it's watched by many, he could outshine tna wrestlers DVDs/on demand etc.

Saying that, they have a product that they could make money off, 100% without a doubt, I think they are right to try and make money from this.

I'm pretty sure wwe were knocking out classic superstar figures whilst said wrestler was in tna.

Are there any TNA fans that don't already watch WWE as well? Maybe it's just me but i can't imagine someone watching TNA and totally disregarding WWE.

Are there any TNA fans that don't already watch WWE as well? Maybe it's just me but i can't imagine someone watching TNA and totally disregarding WWE.

I don't. I watch the very occasional WWE show (About 1 or 2 a year), but regularly watch TNA every week. I cant imagine I'm the only one.

I don't. I watch the very occasional WWE show (About 1 or 2 a year), but regularly watch TNA every week. I cant imagine I'm the only one.

I'd suggest there's quite a few like you in this country. Many people don't have Sky yet have Freeview and those people probably watch TNA on a weekly basis but don't watch WWE.

I was one, 'til the Rock returned and have been watching regularly since the Rumble. Now with the Punk situation and HHH as COO, Im looking forward to Raw more than Impact, something that Ive never done in the last 6 years

Archived