Epic Film/TV Moments

The King Of Swing

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking about The Shield moments, the one that shook me the most was the sight of Shane's family in the final episode was pretty harrowing.

Interesting wrestling-related fact about that, from interview with Shawn Ryan:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

"The initial pitch was Shane gets caught," Ryan said. "There was a prowrestler [Chris Benoit] who did something similar last year. They havea term for it --

The 24 ones a thousand times yes. Ryan Chappelle being killed was a shocker. When Jack had to "kill" nina and saved her, I thought maybe they'd find a way to save him too, but when he actually killed himself, I was in total shock. Mason flying the plane with the fucking bomb was awesome. It was great for mason to go out like that. He was dying anyway and did a great thing. When Wayne Palmer was assassinated, my jaw dropped and I couldnt concentrate on the the episode for a while. Luckily the first time I saw it was on DVD so I paused it and text my friend who liked it and we discussed. Nina trying to beg Jack not to kill her. "I know more about your wife" "No, you dont" bang bang! I actually cheered and congratulated hgim on getting the bitch back. ANd of course the poisoning of Wayne Palmer at the end of season 2

DENTAL PLAN, Lisa needs braces, DENTAL PLAN, Lisa needs braces... Flashbacks to my schooldays.

Hahaha yes, the amount of times I've said that out loud over and over in a pub, it always raises smiles and breaks uncomfortable silences.

I'll add my own epic Simpsons moment, probably my favourite ever scene from it.

http://youtu.be/NSZ_fV3fmXk

Archived