TNA Releases

Derrick-Bateman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love me some highflying, but I just can't take to those two guys at all.

I think I dislike almost everything about them - their look, attire, style, moves, reliance on lame sequences, those bloody things they tie to their tights to look like flares.....

They're just horrible to me, everything about them screams low-grade indy.

I loved the Hardys circa '98/'99 fwiw.

• Paid Members
Come on now, I thought we were all entitled to our opinions? Like people are entitled to believe Chris Masters and Drew McIntyre had a match of the half-year and are two of the best in North America?

Roll back the pages, I was having a discussion and asking what made his character good and countering with opinions of the opposite. I never said "close thread" or cried about it or changed my opinion based on not knowing what I was talking about (they certain folk). And I'd actually seen the thing I was arguing against (unlike the McIntrye/Masters thread). But you've proved before you dont know the difference between spitting yor dummy out and having a discussion, so all is forgiven.

Roll back the pages, I was having a discussion and asking what made his character good and countering with opinions of the opposite. I never said "close thread" or cried about it or changed my opinion based on not knowing what I was talking about (they certain folk). And I'd actually seen the thing I was arguing against (unlike the McIntrye/Masters thread). But you've proved before you dont know the difference between spitting yor dummy out and having a discussion, so all is forgiven.

Someone else said 'close thread' and cried about it. I can't remember it being proven that the other guy hadn't seen McIntyre vs. Masters either. I was referring to me giving my opinion of why Masters/McIntyre was a good, solid match but weren't match of the half year worthy and that it was too much to say they're two of the best in North America. Bret Hart's a big fan of Drew McIntyre but for me he's not intimidating enough at the moment. The guy's a big guy but he's not that much of a threat unless he starts wrestling in more of a vicious way like he did at Elimination Chamber. I don't know why that was a one-off when it seems pretty unanimous that it worked for him. But yeah, I gave my thoughts on why it wasn't a match worthy of being match of the half year and why they weren't two of the best and I was told that everyone's entitled to their own opinion and to respect that. Yet you're arguing the case of Orlando Jordan by saying he's shit, you've seen some of the stuff someone else has said was good and said that was shit too - something which is purely subjective. I'm not saying I think you're wrong, I don't think he's good either and I don't think that discussing matters in that way is a bad thing. But you're going against yourself.

Is Xplosion like TNA's SmackDown now? I'm pretty out of the loop because I've not watched it properly for a while. Desmond Wolfe was the commissioner whilst he was injured though, wasn't he? Also I hear Brian Kendrick's getting a bit of a push and is feuding with Abyss now. I know it's just a game and I'm not trying to make out I'm some genius booker but I've been playing Total Extreme Wrestling for the first time lately and am in charge of TNA, and without knowing TNA were doing the same thing, I booked an Abyss vs. Brian Kendrick feud for the X Division title whereby Kendrick goes to Hogan and says about how he wants an opportunity. Apparently something similar happened in TNA. I've always thought Kendrick has potential though. He had a good look with the Sgt. Pepper's jacket. Shame he was let go by WWE over choosing weed over his career.

Also, what's going on with Immortal and Fourtune? I heard they had something pretty convoluted whereby Beer Money, who were a part of Fourtune, were also a part of Immortal. So it was a team inside a team inside a team. Have I been told correctly? The whole Immortal/Fourtune storyline bored me out of TNA.

I guess some of this should probably be part of the Questions Thread. I'll move it if it's deemed necessary.

• Paid Members

Can't imagine why anyone is sticking up for The Bucks. They look like a pair of greener than green Hardy Boyz ripoffs, or The Rockers where both are Marty Jannetty. But shit.

• Paid Members
But you're going against yourself.

I'm not though. Your just making up some sort of strange case to try and gain some credibility back to your musings after how mental your opinions on various threads have been. The fact you desperately try and defend yourself in great detail about things that happen in other threads weeks previous shows how desperate you are. Just give it up, man. I'm all for debate and I even dont mind someone trolling, but dont be a bore. Its funny trolling, because your pulling at straws and come across like an incredible bore. Like a midget humping your leg. I understand your goal is to bore me into ending an argument to gain some moral victory, which is pointless, because its a discussion forum, meant to be entertaining. Not calling people "miserable" (like you did) for people questioning how an angle is going or arguing against facts. At least Snitskey's Back Acne or someone else who likes an argument is entertaining, and consistant with there opinions.

Can't imagine why anyone is sticking up for The Bucks. They look like a pair of greener than green Hardy Boyz ripoffs, or The Rockers where both are Marty Jannetty. But shit.

I stuck up for them because I enjoyed some of their breathtaking bouts in Japan before they

If it's from weeks previous, it's largely because I've not been on every day. You're saying I'm inconsistent yet you're inconsistent with the points I made. I'm not trying to gain any credibility with people on here because I don't know these people. When you say that Snitsky's Back Acne is someone who argues with you often, I wouldn't have known that. I'm not completely oblivious to some people's tastes as you pick it up from reading discussions but I'm certainly not someone who could profile anyone on here. I don't see how my opinions have been 'mental'. You're right though, it's not particularly interesting.

When something is done as brilliantly as the CM Punk promo was and is so out of character of how a normal WWE show is run and someone who watches WWE plays it down, I wonder what they want from WWE. I guess you can't win everyone over. A lot of people have a go at people who seemingly watch WWE just to criticise and it seemed like that was the case.

Ahem, at the time the Rockers were equals :)

Ashley, since you mention them in the same sentence, I'm sure I remember seeing them on youtube teaming in a 6 man tag with Jannetty a few years back.

Dragongate style suited the way they wrestle a lot more than facing the likes of Booze Dosh and co does.

I'm gutted that we never got the chance to see a proper meeting between those two teams. I reckon it'd have been fantastic. Beer Money showed in the 2/3 Falls match with the MCMG that they can do a good sprint tag with the best of them.

• Moderators
Like people are entitled to believe Chris Masters and Drew McIntyre had a match of the half-year and are two of the best in North America?

Like several thought and think. Not just on here but in several other places. But in your world (time to make your mark) Brock Lesnar was a bigger Pro Wrestling star than Dave Batista.

Otherwise though, I just watched Max Buck vs Hernandez on Xplosion on Challlenge. I've never seen anyone take a Half Nelson suplex in a worse way. Exposing the business to shit. How can I suspend my disbelief when someone nearly lands on their feet and does a laboured bump from that position in as big a way as possible? Utter shit.

Like several thought and think. Not just on here but in several other places. But in your world (time to make your mark) Brock Lesnar was a bigger Pro Wrestling star than Dave Batista.

I'm not going to argue the Batista/Lesnar case any more because I've done it over and over and it doesn't get any more interesting.

I don't agree with your opinion - but I brought it up because he was saying to knock it off and that everyone's entitled to their own opinion when I knocked yours yet when someone says they saw Orlando Jordan in NWE and that they thought he was good, he dismisses it by saying it's shit (like what I'd done to your opinion).

On the subject of those sort of bumps, I don't understand people taking enziguris to the back of the head and bumping. I remember Elix Skipper used to do it in TNA. William Regal always does it too. I usually feel like I pretty much understand why Regal chooses to do things but I've never understood that. The momentum of a hit to the back of the head should send you forwards, surely? You wouldn't get punched in the face and take a front bump.

• Moderators

But my opinion isn't shit. It's superb.

I don't agree with your opinion - but I brought it up because he was saying to knock it off and that everyone's entitled to their own opinion when I knocked yours yet when someone says they saw Orlando Jordan in NWE and that they thought he was good, he dismisses it by saying it's shit (like what I'd done to your opinion).

There's so many "I" and "He" and "You" there it makes fuck all sense. What's your point?

Archived