The Killing

M-Dudz

• Moderators

Don't watch it. Stop watching. Stop. I mean it. The pilot was pretty great, but fuck me, stop right now and never watch again.

This show, despite not having huge viewing figures like other shows that had a final episode that made people lost their shit - Lost, Sopranos - had the biggest backlash I've ever seen. All of it negative. And rightly so. It's terrible. So, so terrible, and you're going to feel cheated, week by week, and as a whole when it's all over. I got mercury poisoning from all the red herrings. I want to spoil people just so they won't waste their time, because I guarantee, the finale will make anyone who sat through it completely lose their minds with rage.

Here. I'll save you the trouble. The killer isn't revealed in this spoiler, but the 'ending' is, so avoid if you really, really haven't listened to what I've said and you still feel the need to subject yourself to the worst fucking series EVER.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

You know how the whole advertising angle on this is 'Find out who killed Rosie Larsen'? Well, you don't.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Well i wasn't blown away with what was on last night, there were a couple of emotionally charged scenes but other than that i'm already asking the question how it can last another 12 episodes without degenerating. I've heard the Danish version is miles better.

Got to disagree with the ending as Sopranos having a deserved backlash. I thought the ending was absolutely fantastic. It drove you mental, for sure but it was the best way for the series to end. Surely.

I was a little disappointed last night. It didn't really hold my interest as well as I thought it would, but I don't know whether that's because it was poor in itself or because I've already seen the Danish version (fantastic, btw) and knew what was going to happen.

Don't watch it. Stop watching. Stop. I mean it. The pilot was pretty great, but fuck me, stop right now and never watch again.

This show, despite not having huge viewing figures like other shows that had a final episode that made people lost their shit - Lost, Sopranos - had the biggest backlash I've ever seen. All of it negative. And rightly so. It's terrible. So, so terrible, and you're going to feel cheated, week by week, and as a whole when it's all over. I got mercury poisoning from all the red herrings. I want to spoil people just so they won't waste their time, because I guarantee, the finale will make anyone who sat through it completely lose their minds with rage.

Here. I'll save you the trouble. The killer isn't revealed in this spoiler, but the 'ending' is, so avoid if you really, really haven't listened to what I've said and you still feel the need to subject yourself to the worst fucking series EVER.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

You know how the whole advertising angle on this is 'Find out who killed Rosie Larsen'? Well, you don't.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I haven't read the spoiler tag as I am interested in watching it but surely as that was just the ending of season 1 and there is a season 2 on the way that it can't be as naff as an ending as the other shows you mentioned.

I haven't seen the original but seen all of the remake. I have to say that whilst I approached the first few episodes with interest I just ended up watching the rest of teh series just cos I'd invested some time in the earlier episodes. I usually watched each episdoe the same day I watched Game of Thrones and I can tell you which one of those I preferred! No fucking contest! I'm not going to let the remake put me off the Danish version although my attention span wanes when watching subtitled films etc.

Haven't seen any of the US version and probably won't. Once it gets going the Danish version kicks all kind of arse. Most of the cast is made up of some of the best danish film actors around instead of just bit part tv actors doing an ok job (from what i've heard) so the performances are top notch. It's what all good TV drama should be, believable, intense "wtf is going to happen next" and is equal parts stylish and grim. Must get around to series 2.

As for subs i prefer them, keeps me focused on the screen at all times. Don't see any problem with them.

I haven't read the spoiler tag as I am interested in watching it but surely as that was just the ending of season 1 and there is a season 2 on the way that it can't be as naff as an ending as the other shows you mentioned.

My wife and I have been watching this series and it gets progressively worse as it goes along to the point where I hate most of the characters.

Archived