Strangest Crowd Reactions.

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
Wasn't that the night Trish was facing an overtly lesbian character in front of a bunch of wrestling nerds? It would have been strange if the reaction wasn't what it was.

..cracking point.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This might just be me, but does anyone else think that The Rock wasn't expecting such a pro Hogan crowd at WM? maybe I'm just reading to much into his great facials but I thought he genuinely seemed a little shocked with how the crowd were so rabid for Hogan.

You know, I

This might just be me, but does anyone else think that The Rock wasn't expecting such a pro Hogan crowd at WM? maybe I'm just reading to much into his great facials but I thought he genuinely seemed a little shocked with how the crowd were so rabid for Hogan.

He expected it. Even if he didn't before I'm sure he did by the WM Axis event show convention thingy. Everyone knew Hogan was getting cheered that night.

• Paid Members
He expected it. Even if he didn't before I'm sure he did by the WM Axis event show convention thingy. Everyone knew Hogan was getting cheered that night.

Fair enough, I didn't think about axcess.

There's a part in the match where Rock does his 'just bring it' hand gesture and the look on his face is raging like can't believe he's getting booed. Just does a great job then I guess.

This isn't 'strange' really as it's kinda expected... but, well, yeah:

At ASW Domino and Doug Williams tagged together. The crowd was going mental for Domino. They couldn't give a shit about Doug.

At another ASW show, Kid Cool came out first to Jonny Storm's music. Crowd loved. Then out came him opponent... Jonny Storm. Who got booed for the rest of his night despite working face.

There's a part in the match where Rock does his 'just bring it' hand gesture and the look on his face is raging like can't believe he's getting booed. Just does a great job then I guess.

We're a pair of marks that have been worked well and good Mr Stu sir! :)

• Paid Members
WrestleMania XX - shitting all over Goldberg/Lesner.

I wouldn't call that strange- the fans knew Goldberg was gone after this match and Lesnar was turning his back on the business. Throw in the fact that the biggest icon of the Attitude era was ref, and they took an age to eventually lock up, it's no wonder the crowd were rabid.

I think that's why its one of the greatest matches of that decade. Maybe of all time. People will laugh at that because it didn't have the moves and so forth, but the story they tell, the size of the event, the meotion and the crowd reaction and the work the two men put in when it comes to acting their way through the match is really incredible. That is wrestling.

Wasn't that the night Trish was facing an overtly lesbian character in front of a bunch of wrestling nerds? It would have been strange if the reaction wasn't what it was.

Silence except for the sound of 10,000 teenage boys going *fap fap fap fap fap fap*

no mention of the impact zone yet?

There is a big difference between strange and moronic reactions.

I have to say the DDP one was strange as hell too, also my all time fav pop but it wasn't expected. Has that moment ever been on a DVD anywhere as i'd really like to watch it without the shitty youtube quality?

• Paid Members

I dont think the DDP one was strange at all. You forget everything when you get a surprise appearance like that. Especially when you have no idea DDP had signed. If announced they were revealing the bloke who hacked the phones of Milly Dowler in the middle of Wembley and he took his Ski Mask off and it was revealed to be Jack Duckworth, there would be an initial pop for the appearance.

Archived