Fix the wrestlemanias (WWF alternate history)

humanracer

Some Wrestlemania main events were great, others less so. Here are my suggestions:

Wrestlemania 9:

Hogan defeats champion Bret Hart, following interference from Yokozuna. Yokozuna then challenges Hogan right after and wins! Bret defeats Hogan at KOTR. Hogan leaves

Wrestlemania 11:

Champion Bret Hart defeats Razor Ramon (face vs face, and Razor was mega over)

Bret and Diesel still have their great match at Royal Rumble a few months earlier, but of course Bret Wins. Title gets made vacant for some reason after WM, Diesel wins a Battle Royal at KOTR and finally loses to Bret at Survivor Series.

Wrestlemania 13

Bret Hart defeats champion Shawn Michaels

Undertaker defeats Austin

Bret then loses to Sid next night on Raw when Austin interferes. Austin/Hart do double turn at "cold day in hell" instead, Sid loses to Taker on same card. Normal 1997 timeline resumes.

Wrestlemania 2000:

Triple H defeats babyfaces Undertaker, Rock and Steve Austin to retain the title.

Wrestlemania X-8

No Hogan or NWO. A heel Rock vs babyface Triple H. H wins.

Wrestlemania 19

No roster split nonsense. Triple H has kept the tile since the last WM, turning heel sometime in the year and feuding with Michaels. He then loses to a babyface Brock Lensar.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some Wrestlemania main events were great, others less so. Here are my suggestions:

Wrestlemania 9:

Hogan defeats champion Bret Hart, following interference from Yokozuna. Yokozuna then challenges Hogan right after and wins! Bret defeats Hogan at KOTR. Hogan leaves

That makes little sense to me...

Wrestlemania 13

Bret Hart defeats champion Shawn Michaels

Undertaker defeats Austin

You would delete from history Austin v Bret Hart at Mania 13?! Are you nuts?!

Wrestlemania 2000:

Triple H defeats babyfaces Undertaker, Rock and Steve Austin to retain the title.

Weren't Taker and Austin both unavailable at this Mania? That's right, they were.

Wrestlemania X-8

You would delete from history Rock vs Hogan?! Are you nuts?!

The WM 9 finish is just a variation on the actual main event, although it would be the much anticipated hogan vs bret instead. I guess Hogan could lose to Yokozuna next night on raw instead.

The classic double turn would still happen at IYH Cold Day in Hell. And Shawn/Bret, Austin/Taker would be a classic line up for WM 13.

Rock vs Hogan was hardly a classic. It had great crowd reaction but the match itself wasn't the best, and Hogan was well past it.

And this is alternate history so obviously Taker and Austin both return from their injuries. : )

Wrestlemania X-8

You would delete from history Rock vs Hogan?! Are you nuts?!

Come on, Rock fought Hogan loads of times. But Rock vs Triple H would've been a rare treat!

Great idea for a thread, OP, but some of those suggestions really are mad. I'll go for the obvious, Hogan vs Flair at WrestleMania 8, though I don't know how I'd finish it. Suppose the easiest way to get to the same SummerSlam is that Hogan wins and vacates the title when he "retires" and there's a tournament that builds to Savage vs Warrior. Either that or Flair beats Hogan and holds onto the title until Bret Hart beats him in October (or Naitch stays in the WWF until WM9 to lose it back to Hulk).

the fact you think taker should lose his streak in a 4 way at mania 2000 is insane.

the only thing i would have changed for any mania was mania viii, it would be hogan vs flair, savage vs jake roberts and sid vs taker.

Rather than the WWF and World Titles being unified at Vengeance 2001, I would have kept them "Disputed" so that a bitter (After WWF beat Alliance) heel WWF Champion Stone Cold defends his belt against (babyface obviously) Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 18 for costing the Alliance the win. Keep in mind, I would have deleted their Unforgiven PPV Rematch from the history books, and had their only match be the brilliant Summerslam one with the DQ ending. Jericho could still have been World Champion, and lost it to Triple H at Wrestlemania. The idea is to keep Austin interesting and in the main title picture so that he doesn't end up "taking his ball and going home" like he did. Scott Hall could team with Nash and face The APA instead as well, that could have been a fun replacement at Wrestlemania.

I'd have turned Michaels at Wrestlemania XI. He was working his balls off to turn himself anyway and the crowd were buying it, so just do the same thingas what happened in reality, but all there instead. Diesel wins clean, Michaels chews out Sid for screwing up, Sid goes mental, Diesel makes the save and they have a respect hug for a nice Mania moment. As I believe was the case, the face turn was only devised after the Mania match anyway and they decided to go right for it on Raw, but had that have been planned out, I think it would have been better served on the big stage. Particularly as the small rabid live Raw crowd the next night shit on Michaels as he got killed and cheered for more Sid destruction.

Also, I really thoroughly dislike Wrestlemania 16. Just sort that card right out, I'm not even sure with what exactly. But with all that talent, the show was a fucking shocker. Cut the payday tag matches down and establish a few more genuine issues between your raft of extrodinary performers.

Oh, and also, Austin remembers his leather waistcoat at Mania XV. Looked a fucking spenk in his t-shirt.

I'd have had Booker beat Hunter at Mania 19, he could have lost it later. I think he needed the win more, it took him years to recover and pretty much killed him as a babyface headliner.

Great shout, forgot about that. Utterly disgraceful from start to finish, that was. If I could wish AIDS to befall any wrestler from any time, HHH between Wrestlemania 18 and 20 would be the deserved winner. What a bloated awful shit. Gets me cross just mulling it over.

I agree with the Booker/HHH bullshit. That's pretty much a given.

How about the old Rock/HHH one on one at WM 2000? I know it did huge business in the summer, but I've always wondered how it would have played out at WM itself. You maybe wouldn't have been able to have the Austin and Taker involvement further down the line. In fact, fuck it, leave it as it was. I enjoyed the summer of 2000 more than any other year. Something was missing from WM 2000 though.

I agree with the Booker/HHH bullshit. That's pretty much a given.

How about the old Rock/HHH one on one at WM 2000? I know it did huge business in the summer, but I've always wondered how it would have played out at WM itself. You maybe wouldn't have been able to have the Austin and Taker involvement further down the line. In fact, fuck it, leave it as it was. I enjoyed the summer of 2000 more than any other year. Something was missing from WM 2000 though.

A big babyface win I think. HHH winning was a nice surprise but killed the mood for me.

Archived