Vince Russo accused of Plagairism

iamtheman

Vince Russo Accused Of Ripping Off A Gimmick

by TNAWrestlingNews.com Staff on 07/03/2011 - 04:40 PM

1PW's Danny Rodd sent the following along:

Just wanted to let you know that an indy wrestler friend of mine is being SEVERELY ripped off by Vince Russo. His name is Justin Carnes and he IS on Facebook. He is very good friends with Rhyno and some others, has had tryouts/dark matches with TNA and also wrestled in Japan. He has wrestled with us in Toledo for Powerbomb Championship Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Ohio and many others and is VERY good. He developed the character "Krimson" (with face paint and all) nearly two years ago. Not only has Russo used the name, now Sting looks just like him! It's ridiculous. Justin is on my friends list and you can see his pics. He also has a lot of matches on YouTube. You can see THE Real Krimson here.. see if you notice anything

and

Source:

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/311732392.shtml

so what do you think

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL.

The Dark Knight grossed over 1 billion dollars. Heath Ledgar won an Academy award for his performance. He made The Joker one of the most recognisable figures in the world.

TNA is crearly implementing a little " Jokerism" in Stings facepoint to keep his character fresh. Just like WCW did after " The Crow" movies.

But hey, I am probably wrong, because they are ofcourse copying some local indy wrestlers face paint....

(get out of your wrestling "bubble" Mr. Rodd)

It is quite ridiculous. Danny's logic here is that in January of this year, Krimson sent in a video to TNA to try and get a try out or something, and the video was a promo. In said video, he speaks just like the Joker and is wearing facepaint that's all messed up. Because Sting has turned heel 6 months later, and used smudged make up and talked like the Joker, it's clearly a stolen idea, right?

It's an absolutely ridiculous accusation with no grounds at all because the only similarities lie within both of them being a spin on the Joker.

• Paid Members
It is quite ridiculous. Danny's logic here is that in January of this year, Krimson sent in a video to TNA to try and get a try out or something, and the video was a promo. In said video, he speaks just like the Joker and is wearing facepaint that's all messed up. Because Sting has turned heel 6 months later, and used smudged make up and talked like the Joker, it's clearly a stolen idea, right?

It's an absolutely ridiculous accusation with no grounds at all because the only similarities lie within both of them being a spin on the Joker.

Nice to see Danny's got his priorities straight though and making sure all of his talent is covered.

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Sounds to me the issue isn't just about the look, but also the name. TNA coming out with a Wrestler called "Crimson" having already been aware of "Krimson" really is taking the piss a bit, and to be honest, if it were me I'd be fucked off, but at least the same guy doesn't have the same look. But what's any of this got to do with Danny Rodd and 1PW?

Original Krimson:

krimson.jpg

TNA Crimson:

crimson-01.jpg

Sting:

189562_10150120112376026_31695961025_6659591_6587888_n.jpg

Joker:

joker460.jpg

I'm not really get the similarity with the look I'm affraid.

Tis funny.. Roddz has also been spending some time emailing other promotions who have used pictures taken at 1PW and accusing them of using HIS copyrighted images and asking for money and/or the destruction of all promotional material.

Im pretty sure the photographer owns the copyright to their work ;)

• Paid Members
In recent weeks, Sting has changed his look to more like the Jokers, so that pic you posted is not the right image.

Ah, I assumed the one of TNA's site would be current. Would love to see how he looks.

Archived