Vince Russo accused of Plagairism

iamtheman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stealing the name Crimson is a moot point... they didn't steal a name. He was Amazing Red's brother, so they gave him a colour of Red for his name. He was big, and aggressive, so they called him Crimson because it's the colour of blood. They took a logical reason for a name, and gave it to someone and spelled it correctly. Krimson, took a name, spelled it incorrectly (maybe for copyright... maybe cause it looks better) and came up with a shitty line to end all promos. "Krimson, like the mask" is a terrible way to end EVERY promo.

There's no grounds here. They've not copied a name of a wrestler, they've just called a wrestler something less stupid than "Blood Red Tommy Mercer" (although actually, I prefer that to Crimson now) which fitted a storyline... and Sting is just eccentric Sting we've seen before when the Crow was out, with a Joker spin on it. This whole argument is stupid.

And for the guy who asked what Danny Rodd has to do with this? Danny is posting his claim of character theft all over facebook and on news sites, trying to make a big deal. Whether he thinks it will really win them money off TNA, or if he thinks it's good publicity, thats where his involvement comes from.

• Paid Members

Looks to me like the 'Original Krimson' has messed up the red facepaint there. It's meant to go left to right, not top to bottom.

So basically DannyR is losing it, is that about right?

In a nutshell, yep.

So when Rodd is in a straight jacket with a penis drawn on his forehead in black marker, can some promoter on here post all over about a shitarse promoter stealing Madman Manson's gimmick?

Sounds to me the issue isn't just about the look, but also the name. TNA coming out with a Wrestler called "Crimson" having already been aware of "Krimson" really is taking the piss a bit, and to be honest, if it were me I'd be fucked off, but at least the same guy doesn't have the same look.

Given that Crimson was brought in as Amazing Red's 'little brother' I really don't think it's much of a stretch to see it as a complete coincidence. I mean Ruby or Scarlet would've been a bit girly, and as much as I'd love to see a wrestler called "Maroon", I can't imagine even Vince Russo seriously pitching that one.

It's funny to see this from TNA. They've also ripped off Chikara with the BFG series and Rikishi with All Wheels Wrestling. Total irony with all this given TNA always claiming to be innovative and accusing others of ripping off their ideas, in particular WWE. Hell, they even go as far as making claims of moves being stolen. I'll bet they come off with their own CM Punk promo idea soon if they can't convince Punk to make the jump.

• Paid Members
They've also ripped off Chikara with the BFG series

Because there were no league tables in wrestling before Chikara. You could say Chikara ripped off the Paparazzi Challenge series. Except the PCS was more serious and credible. I have no idea about the Rikishi thing.

Hell, they even go as far as making claims of moves being stolen.

No they dont. The wrestlers claim that other wrestlers steal their moves. Same thing thats happened for the last 100 years in wrestling.

I'll bet they come off with their own CM Punk promo idea soon if they can't convince Punk to make the jump.

Wait, didnt WWE rip-off the Samoa Joe interview years ago at Against All Odds with that Punk promo? Of course they didnt, but its as logical as any of those examples.

It's funny to see this from TNA. They've also ripped off Chikara with the BFG series

Ha, there have been plenty of those tournaments in the past. Top of my head, i remember starcade ' 89:

NWA Starrcade '89 was the seventh annual Starrcade professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced under the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) banner. It was the second Starrcade event produced by World Championship Wrestling (WCW), and it took place on December 13, 1989 at The Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.

The event solely featured the Iron Man and Iron Team tournaments. The participants were Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Flair and The Great Muta for the Iron Man tournament

The Iron Man and Iron Team tournaments were round-robin tournaments featuring four competing individuals and tag teams respectively. The point system: 20 points for a pinfall or submission victory, 15 for a countout victory, 10 for a disqualification victory, 5 for a time-limit draw and 0 for a loss

Just a random example from 22 years ago!

Damn indy-marks don't know shit.

With regards to ripping off Chikara, I think it's basically the idea that Chikara did it a few months back when they announced it... and then 2 months later TNA announced it. No one said it was Chikaras original idea, just that a company did it and TNA went "Oh, that sounds good, lets do it as well" ... so the tournaments from 22 years ago are pointless and pedantic. I'm pretty sure that's all anyone meant, and not that Chikara were the first ever company to do a tournament league table.

Archived