Vince Russo accused of Plagairism

iamtheman

• Paid Members
Boy that's splitting hairs. Besides, he said they were copying DC, which the films would also fall under.

I don't think it is. Its not his take on the character, He doesn't act like Romero/Hamill/Nicholson. Its the mannerisms of a character specifically from one performance. Hes not a character based on the Joker. Hes a character based on Heath Ledger playing the Joker. Much like someone doing a Sean Connery impression and saying they are James Bond

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it is. Its not his take on the character, He doesn't act like Romero/Hamill/Nicholson. Its the mannerisms of a character specifically from one performance. Hes not a character based on the Joker. Hes a character based on Heath Ledger playing the Joker. Much like someone doing a Sean Connery impression and saying they are James Bond

But then, just like with James Bond, every author, writer, artist, actor, producer, director working with the Joker character on film, tv, comic and book will have varying degrees of interpretation on how to present the Joker the character. When is it safe to say someone is "ripping off the Joker"?

Using your Sean Connery / James Bond example, if I were to go to a fancy dress party, asked somebody who they were and they were to say they were James Bond, would you not honestly think someone was "splitting hairs" if they suddenly rushed over and said "NO YOUR NOT! Your Sean Connery BEING James Bond"?

Don't get me wrong, I get where your coming from, but if anything both your statement (he is copying Heath Ledger's interpretation) and his statement (he is ripping off DC comics) are actually BOTH accurate. That's why I think it was splitting hairs; you took a statement that was technically accurate and disputed it.

• Paid Members
But then, just like with James Bond, every author, writer, artist, actor, producer, director working with the Joker character on film, tv, comic and book will have varying degrees of interpretation on how to present the Joker the character. When is it safe to say someone is "ripping off the Joker"?

Using your Sean Connery / James Bond example, if I were to go to a fancy dress party, asked somebody who they were and they were to say they were James Bond, would you not honestly think someone was "splitting hairs" if they suddenly rushed over and said "NO YOUR NOT! Your Sean Connery BEING James Bond"?

Don't get me wrong, I get where your coming from, but if anything both your statement (he is copying Heath Ledger's interpretation) and his statement (he is ripping off DC comics) are actually BOTH accurate. That's why I think it was splitting hairs; you took a statement that was technically accurate and disputed it.

You're both right. Move on!

:smug:

• Paid Members

Exactly. Everyone has their own interpretation of a character and he is just copying Heath Ledgers version which is fine if thats what he wants the character to be. However Stupid Dragon said he was based on more than that but he isn't. Thats all I was saying. I think a better example than my James Bond one is Dan Spivey playing Waylon Mercy. Hes playing a character based on the Robert De Nero performance of Max Cady, same mannerisms, same clothes. It would be the same as saying he was just as much based on the Robert Mitchum version of the character or the character in the book 'The Executioners' when he clearly isnt

Danny Rodd was planning on becoming an on show charachter at his 1PW events. He had his charachter all though out but was mega pissed off that Dennis Rodman had plagarised Danny Rodd's creation which he was going to call himself Roddzilla!

• Moderators
Danny Rodd was planning on becoming an on show charachter at his 1PW events. He had his charachter all though out but was mega pissed off that Dennis Rodman had plagarised Danny Rodd's creation which he was going to call himself Roddzilla!

Another Tommyboi classic.

• Paid Members

Didn't Danny do something with Alex Shane on a 1PW show once?

• Paid Members

steve-austin.gif

Didn't Danny do something with Alex Shane on a 1PW show once?
Yeah, when Shane was revealed to be the new part owner of 1PW (which was meant to be storyline and real life), he cut a long promo and was confronted by Rodd, Shane then blasted him with a worked slap which Rodd being super hard and all, no sold. So Alex hit him again with a real slap to try and salvage the angle. Alex was later refused any real power in the company and the deal dissolved on screen and off so to speak and was never mentioned again.

Archived