Vince Russo accused of Plagairism

iamtheman

Sounds to me the issue isn't just about the look, but also the name. TNA coming out with a Wrestler called "Crimson" having already been aware of "Krimson" really is taking the piss a bit, and to be honest, if it were me I'd be fucked off, but at least the same guy doesn't have the same look.

Given that Crimson was brought in as Amazing Red's 'little brother' I really don't think it's much of a stretch to see it as a complete coincidence. I mean Ruby or Scarlet would've been a bit girly, and as much as I'd love to see a wrestler called "Maroon", I can't imagine even Vince Russo seriously pitching that one.

But couldn't they have just decided to give Amazing Red a brother after seeing the other Krimson and going "hey that's a good name, how can we introduce someone called that?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
To follow-up on our report yesterday about Impact Wrestling stealing the Crimson gimmick, I was contacted yesterday by independent worker CK3 who portrayed the "Joker" from Batman under the name. This of course is a gimmick that Sting is now using on TV. Obviously CK3 is upset that not only did they swipe the name but also a character he has used on the independent circuit for years.

CK3 sent us the following comments: I have been doing the character for almost two years on Pro Wrestling Ohio TV on Sports Time Ohio.

He also enclosed a letter he sent to Dixie Carter which you can read below:

Dear Mrs. Carter

My name is Justin T. Carnes, I was trained by Scott D'Amore along with Alex Shelley, Petey Williams, and Chris Sabin. I have been working for almost 11 years, nine of those as Conrad Kennedy III (CK3), and for the last two years I have been working as "Krimson," in the states and in the UK, a character based off the Joker. I have been sending promos to TNA since I started doing the character, and last September, when I was on the road with Rhino, who is one of my best friends, D-Lo Brown approached me at the show in Windsor and told me he wanted to bring me in for a try-out as "Krimson, the Joker character." I went again on Rhino's last loop with the company, and was told by D-Lo to keep sending promos, the more I send, the more he could pass on to creative, and the better my chances of getting a job. So I did.

In January, I learned from one of my promoter's in the UK that TNA had taken my name, "Crimson." I was obviously upset by this. Tommy Dreamer, another friend, called me and told me that although it's upsetting, think of a different name, at least it's not your character. So I did just that. I continued to send promos under a different name, "Villain." A few weeks ago I even received an email from D-Lo praising them and told me he has sent all my stuff to creative, and will let me know. Now, I see Sting doing a character eerily similar to the promos I have sent.

I realize TNA has promised me nothing, but I feel though, that the appearance of the new "Joker-Sting" character, years after the film debuted, and after a year of me sending promos, is more than mere coincidence. Now I am faced with the problem of trying to find bookings throughout the states, Canada and Europe, and potential promoters, taking a look at my work and saying, "You have TNA's 'Crimson's' name and Sting's Character. No thanks."

I'm quite certain that you were unaware of this happening, and truthfully, I don't know if anything can be done. I feel though, that the manner in which I was handled on TNA's part was nothing less than unprofessional and appalling. I would have much preferred a "creative has nothing for you" than encouragement to keep sending in my work, just to see them steal my name and gimmick, and to watch Sting doing essentially the same character on TV. Furthermore, instead of injecting a fresh and undiscovered face into your product who writes his own promos, and is more than willing to go on the road full time with an established company, your writers see fit instead to giving the character to an already established star such as Sting, who is in the twilight of his career and does not even work house shows?

In conclusion, I thank you for your time in reading this. I have included all the promos I have sent D-Lo both as Krimson and as Villain. I invite you to watch them and I feel you will see why I am upset by this situation. I have always wanted an opportunity to be a part of the TNA family, as I feel I have a lot to offer the company. I'm sure your creative team would agree. At the behest of my Attorney, I will also be sending you a certified letter with a disc of the promos and a copy of the emails from D-Lo as well."

Sincerely

Justin T. Carnes

Unfortunately I think this Krimson is going to do himself more harm than good with this approach. Firstly he openly admits he based his character off the intellectual property of DC Comics, so he has no "ownership" of it himself. Secondly by even making the slightest references to legal action, he is going to burn any potential bridges he might have had with TNA.

Ultimately, the Sting/Joker gimmick is only going to be a short term one I suspect, so he really shouldn't get too worried. In fact Jeff Hardy has been doing those style bits for years and clearly not affected Krimson's ability to work.

"You have TNA's 'Crimson's' name and Sting's Character. No thanks."

I'm quite certain that you were unaware of this happening, and truthfully, I don't know if anything can be done. I feel though, that the manner in which I was handled on TNA's part was nothing less than unprofessional and appalling. I would have much preferred a "creative has nothing for you" than encouragement to keep sending in my work, just to see them steal my name and gimmick, and to watch Sting doing essentially the same character on TV. Furthermore, instead of injecting a fresh and undiscovered face into your product who writes his own promos, and is more than willing to go on the road full time with an established company, your writers see fit instead to giving the character to an already established star such as Sting, who is in the twilight of his career and does not even work house shows?

Tell me......he didn't just say THAT!?

" Hey man, I'm Lenny. I once posted a potential finish for a Cena match in a topic on the UKFF. WWE clearly used it on RAW in his match, the booker must have read my comment. Instead of giving me a job and write some fresh storylines for WWE, you see fit instead to have Triple H in creative, who is in the twilight of his career and doens't even wrestle anymore."

What's saddest about this is that Sting's take on it is much better than his. I guess that's why Sting is a millionaire wrestling star, and "Villain" isn't.

Okay, since my CK3/Krimson thread was closed down I've no choice but to say what I need to say in this thread.

First of all why is Danny Rodd such a fucking retard? And why does he inflict his retardedness onto the wrestling business?

Sting ripping off the Joker sort of works in a way because that looks like the point of what he's trying to do.

I can't believe Crimson from TNA is the Amazing Red's brother! Mainly due to the size difference. Is April Hunter their sister?

TNA or WWE should have snapped up CK3. Though only on the grounds he never talks to Rodd again. Haha.

Having read some of the Batman graphic novels I can say Krimson is completely copying DC. Though CK3/Krimson/Justin (whatever) does have talent all the same and that could be used doing something else for one of the major promotions.

• Paid Members
I can't believe Crimson from TNA is the Amazing Red's brother! Mainly due to the size difference. Is April Hunter their sister?

Can you believe a wrestler can withstand 10 punches to the face in a corner as the crowd chants along without ending up attached to a drip? Also this Krimson is rotten.

Can you believe a wrestler can withstand 10 punches to the face in a corner as the crowd chants along without ending up attached to a drip? Also this Krimson is rotten.

Sorry, I didn't realise it was part of the storyline. Silly me. :laugh: Though I can believe April Hunter's tits are 100% real. :love:

• Paid Members
Having read some of the Batman graphic novels I can say Krimson is completely copying DC. Though CK3/Krimson/Justin (whatever) does have talent all the same and that could be used doing something else for one of the major promotions.

No hes not, hes doing an impression of Heath Ledger in the film, nothing to do with the comics

No hes not, hes doing an impression of Heath Ledger in the film, nothing to do with the comics

Yes he is. I saw a promo video where there's a shot of someone tied up in the corner wearing a mask. Something, which isn't in Dark Knight and is in one of the fairly recent Batman graphic novels.

• Paid Members
Yes he is. I saw a promo video where there's a shot of someone tied up in the corner wearing a mask. Something, which isn't in Dark Knight and is in one of the fairly recent Batman graphic novels.

Do you just like arguing for the sake of it?

Sounds like this guy can join Hannibal in the "Indy worker who's not good enough for the big time going WAAAA WAAAAA WAAAAH!" file.

And what a great bit of PR on his part there, with that letter to Dixie. What a twat. Kiss goodbye to your career, sunshine.

Archived