Do you think there is a place for fat wrestlers.

theboxman1986

Me and my friends were in a discussion about modern day wrestling and the subject came up about (for lack of a better term) fat wrestlers. Now i know there is a few out there in the mainstream, but do you feel there is a place for them.

My personal feeling is that there is as they offer something different to the cookie cutter prototype.

Absolutely, one of my pet peeves is too many of WWE newer guys are all very GQ model looking. I really liked Mike Knox because he looked tough as hell. And as we know variety is the spice of life!!!! More Brodus Clay please.

Yeah, i agree.

More variety in general is a good thing. Big fat bastards make great heels. Of course, they need to actually be good (as with any wrestler type). A fat bloke who's just fat is as helpful as a musclebound type who is just that, and nothing else.

What the smeg happened to big Brodus anyway? Last I saw of him was when he busted his head open on that mini ladder In the Christian/ADR match. I was enjoying him!

• Paid Members

I'd love a fat monster heel tag team to come along, a la the Natural Disasters.

Come to think of it, the Usos are starting to look a little tubby, must be in their genes.

Recently I've enjoyed guys like Husky Harris and Brodus coming in via NXT, although both have vanished from our screens since. Probably because of their weight.

Mark Henry is pretty fat and he's legit the best heel in wrestling right now.

• Paid Members

You cant just stick fat lads on screen. Like everything, they should have something about them. Anyone should be allowed on screen, if they have the ability to connect with the fans. A bloke called Fat Steve, who has a shit outfit, cant work and has no personality shouldnt be on TV, if he's on for his weight alone.

• Paid Members

Carbomb needs to get in here and type the explanation of the awesomeness of fat monsters that I can't be bothered to type.

Yes there is a place - it's called the main event. Or, as previously stated, killing everyone in a well built tag division. Since the latter part is a pipe dream, the answer is the main event.

• Paid Members
I quite liked Viscera after he came back as Big Daddy V, though I guess his weight and the fact he's a heavy smoker mean he is a disaster waiting to happen.

Which is the reason they Future Endeavoured him, despite him getting over as a hell of a monster at the time.

• Paid Members
Carbomb needs to get in here and type the explanation of the awesomeness of fat monsters that I can't be bothered to type.

Here we go then.

Fat monsters are fucking greatness. When I say "fat monster", I don't mean guys like Vader, who was basically a Road Warrior but with a load of extra poundage, I mean monsters whose monstrosity derives purely and solely from the fact that they're big, heavy and unmovable. They don't murder you with strength, they do it with weight. Look at Earthquake, Yokozuna and Big Daddy V for examples of this.

Big Daddy V was the last great fat monster of the age, and it is absolutely outrageous that he was released. He fit in perfectly with the informal "Monsters Division" Smackdown had for a brief period, with Henry being a strength monster, Khali and Big Show being giant monsters, Kane being a big power monster, Lashley being a Goldberg/"Destroyer" monster, and V being a blubbery vortex of fatty power.

Brodus Clay's OK, but needs work. What they need to do is bring V back, pronto, to demonstrate the Power of Fat.

Big Daddy V was the last great fat monster of the age, and it is absolutely outrageous that he was released. He fit in perfectly with the informal "Monsters Division" Smackdown had for a brief period, with Henry being a strength monster, Khali and Big Show being giant monsters, Kane being a big power monster, Lashley being a Goldberg/"Destroyer" monster, and V being a blubbery vortex of fatty power.

I think you've rose-tinted that. There were never that many of them on the go at the same time. It was just Kane vs Khali, Henry or Big Daddy V every week from what I remember. I went to a dire TV taping around this time and some combination of them had at least two matches that night, one (possibly two) on ECW and one on Smackdown (I think Kane might have tagged with CM Punk against Henry and Khali). But I don't think Big Show or Lashley were ever knocking about the same time as Big Daddy V, were they?

That taping was terrible. The main event was Rey Mysterio vs MVP, and the semi-main was Matt Hardy vs Finlay! There was a Drew McIntyre vs Major Brother match as well, back when McIntyre, Hawkins and Ryder were all the bland of the bland. It wasn't as bad as the one a couple of years later with the Finlay-McIntyre brawl that lasted seven hours, but still. At least that one had Undertaker vs Jericho as the main event, and an Undertaker vs Punk casket dark match.

Yeah there is they need to be fit as fuck thou.. Would love someone like Joe but not as lazy but with the same kind of hard hitting style, with a moveset that includes a powerbomb, lariat and some sort of top rope move like a moonsault.

Archived