Herb Abrams UWF

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

I don't think we have a UWF topic on here so lets get one going. Of course we mean the UWF ran by the mental Herb Abrams (if anyone can shed some more light on him please do) and post any clips or stories or your thoughts about this promotion.

Dr. Death Vs Davey Meltzer

Ken Patera Vs Super WWF Jobber Rikki Ataki

Paul Orndorff smacks a soft lad around

• Moderators

UWF can be summed up by this video here -

There's also some videos on youtube of Bam Bam Bigelow wrestling in the grounds of Nickelodeon studios for them in front of about 30 people. Top fed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAH! THE WORLD'S TURNIN'!

This is the worst match I have ever seen. "Super Ninja" vs "Pongo" from UWF in 1991. The commentators (Craig Minervi, Bruno Sammartino & Capt. Lou) just slate the wrestlers and the promotion. Herb Abrams does a run in at the end, don't think I'd ever seen him before. Captain Lou ends up beating up the Super Ninja.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2uN-poljJs

Anyone ever see the UWF "Beach Brawl" event VHS in the shops over here? I remember renting it from the local library, but never saw it anywhere else, ever. It was a terrible event anyway, and the building was nearly empty, they turned the lights down to hide it but there was hardly any crowd noise.

• Paid Members

You know what the UWF did that the WWF could never achieve? Put on Hacksaw Duggan matches that I enjoyed.

• Paid Members
Different UWF. You're thinking of Mid South. This is Herb Abrams' SUPERFED.

COCKNOBS. Got over-excited. Shot my load. You say steak UWF, I think Bill Watts, Gang, Doc et al.

I shall bone up (heh) on this UWF which while I've heard of, I've not watched the telly of. (checks Wiki) Wow, always wondered what happened to Craig DeGeorge.

• Paid Members

Was it Mick Foley that said in the hours before Abrams died he was running about an office building, stark naked, covered in baby oil, dressed in a nappy, and being chased by strippers? That's the way I want to go.

This is the worst match I have ever seen. "Super Ninja" vs "Pongo" from UWF in 1991.

According to WrestlingClassics, "Pongo" turned out to be the hardcore wrestler Mad-Man Pondo.

Anyone ever see the UWF "Beach Brawl" event VHS in the shops over here? I remember renting it from the local library, but never saw it anywhere else, ever. It was a terrible event anyway, and the building was nearly empty, they turned the lights down to hide it but there was hardly any crowd noise.

I brought a copy of that at a convention. I have no idea where or when this convention was but I am pretty sure John Lister was dressed up as Jim Cornette. If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it.

Ta

Oh and Beach Brawl was rubbish, although saying that the main event was OK. (Bigelow Vs Dr Death)

I brought a copy of that at a convention. I have no idea where or when this convention was but I am pretty sure John Lister was dressed up as Jim Cornette. If anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it.

Ta

Oh and Beach Brawl was rubbish, although saying that the main event was OK. (Bigelow Vs Dr Death)

John Lister dressed up as Jim Cornette?

Ta

John Lister dressed up as Jim Cornette?

Right, I have done some digging. It was "Fanboree" in 94. Lister was DEFO dressed up as Cornette. It was a pretty good day as I recall.

Archived