The Thing Mafia Game

Chris B

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point it's likely if Lou is scum, Kenny is not and vice versa.

Interesting about that is with Kenny's day kill (and probable town alignment at the time) we know that until at least recently he was town, the liklihood of his recruitment since then is fairly low, at least in terms of the amount of shots the scum had to recruit him. the people playing scum were likely to figure out what we all thought - Kenny was a one-shot killer, if i'd have been them i'd be recruiting other people to take out other power roles since kenny was most likely to be a VT after his shot.

I buy Kenny as town right now.

Using this and the fact Kenny had a power, makes him a prime target to be moogied just incase he wasn't a one shot deal, by the things,

so i'm going to:

vote kenny mcbride

If town lynch me it will be the wrong choice, town will be down one of their own we've between us lost two townies through mistakes can we try not to make me a third.

So what? What does it tell us if Lou takes his vote down now? I've been looking for a town win since day one, but people have let us down with dithering and no votes and feeble scumhunting. We need to get our votes out and see where we stand. We've all got strong feelings about who the scum are. Even if we force them to bus someone, it's still a step closer to a win, even if it weakens our info base. At this stage, they look far from rushing a lynch or even pushing a wagon. That means we've possibly got some good leads. Which ones shall we follow?

That sounds a tad like coaching, Chris.

Aye sorry about that, for a second there i thought it was the scum quick topic me and him are members of...

putting votes out is stupid, I don't like yours either, the fact you've had it out so long and there has been no hammer helps to make me feel Lou might be scum, but i'm also well aware it could be a case of not being able to get all scum online at a time, since there's a few of you.

Your reaction to me telling Lou to take his vote down is however suspect... Are you both perhaps scum, attempting to get people to feel more easy about throwing their votes down? It would only take one slip... that's one little slip of voting the wrong person and the game can be lost. The very idea that you feel it's a good idea is laughable, much like anyone who thought a no-lynch was a good idea in day 2, or people who steered the conversation far too much onto the setup of the game... It's been smoke screens and mirrors from the get go and stupidly as a town, we've done bugger all to stop it.

• Paid Members

I don't object to throwing out our votes if it doesn't lead to a significant wagon too quickly; we're in a critical position now, which means we need to maximise all the time we have before lynching. We need to be gathering info and scumhunting, not poking for reactions in the most simplistic way (which is what this kind of voting is, essentially).

At the moment, my vote's still going to TripleA - he's said or done nothing to make me think otherwise since my last vote for him, and this includes the answers to the questions I put to him. unfitfinlay has, rather conveniently for me, summed up most of the reasons why this is the case. The pushing of the No Lynches was the start, but his seeming refusal to actively scumhunt has worked against him severely, and at least we know now that SMS was telling the truth of his claim. To claim Human/Vanilla Town is a very easy claim to make, as there's no way to make him prove it.

Putting votes out isn't stupid. It's pushing for a lynch on someone you think is scum. I listed the scum team as I see it. A solid case from anyone I believe to be town on any of them and I happily switch my vote. Getting this antsy about my vote on Lou when no other vote has emerged is daft. And you've been pushing gentle suspicion on me for a while now while still "officially" saying you think I'm town.

Why did you tell Lou to take his vote down but no-one else?

Putting votes out isn't stupid. It's pushing for a lynch on someone you think is scum. I listed the scum team as I see it. A solid case from anyone I believe to be town on any of them and I happily switch my vote. Getting this antsy about my vote on Lou when no other vote has emerged is daft. And you've been pushing gentle suspicion on me for a while now while still "officially" saying you think I'm town.

I've been prodding you, gently. If my opinion changes from you being town i'll be sure to 'officially' announce it.

Pushing votes is great and all and I'm all for it - whilst the scum can hammer from just 1 town vote? Not so much - It would be stupid of me to talk of someone not getting hammered being a sign they're scum and not seek to keep any votes at all off of town reads, wouldn't it?

The vote being on Lou, staying there and there being no hammer makes him a wee bit more suspicious.

I told Lou because i don't think you to be scum.

I didn't tell you because i'm less certain of Lou.

• Paid Members

Since Chris has said he thinks you are town that's obvious surely? Besides, you and Lou are the only people who actually have votes out/on you aren't you?

The point is that we have to be careful since scum can push through any lynch with just one town vote. It's been confirmed that we have to lynch properly or we've lost the game so why rush into anything?

Also, Bristep asked you earlier, but why, out of the suspects you named did you vote for the inexperienced player and not me, Chris Stone or Triple A/Brownie?

On another note: Lou, we're currently at what's called LYLO (Lynch or Lose). That means that their must be four scum players against five town. If we lynch town again, they'll have equal numbers which is a scum win. As I said above, they could also jump on any town on town vote and push it through so, yes, I agree with Chris Stone, you should remove your vote, at least for now.

• Paid Members

This game has gotten very interesting, I'm defo looking at Lou right now as the main suspect, Chris' cracking shout about the lack of easy hammer on him is quite compelling, you would like to think that Thingies would been able to group up and smash that by now surely!

It should also be noted however that if Kenny were a Thing, that'd mean they couldn't actually hammer till one more of us voted to give them that option.

I'm 60/40 in favour of Lou, but that's not enough, something is just nagging me a tad with regards to Kenny and to a lesser degree Chris, this lack of hammer call could be a VERY well executed ruse between the two

This game has gotten very interesting, I'm defo looking at Lou right now as the main suspect, Chris' cracking shout about the lack of easy hammer on him is quite compelling, you would like to think that Thingies would been able to group up and smash that by now surely!

It should also be noted however that if Kenny were a Thing, that'd mean they couldn't actually hammer till one more of us voted to give them that option.

I'm 60/40 in favour of Lou, but that's not enough, something is just nagging me a tad with regards to Kenny and to a lesser degree Chris, this lack of hammer call could be a VERY well executed ruse between the two

Whilst it could well be, I'd say the fact I've asked for votes to be removed and not placed easily should help to fight that.

Kenny could well be voting Lou for that reason and Lou voting Kenny, as I've said previously the idea that they could be working together to draw votes out isn't too obscure. However, if this is the case the best way to deal with it would be killing Lou as opposed to Kenny to begin with. Unless the scum haven't been able to get people online all at the same time or they've decided to leave it to humiliate the town by having us perform the kill for the most part they've got very little reason to have not hammered, it would just be drawing the day out for no real reason.

There are credible cases to be built on other players. If scum wanted to, they could make them and either get a mislynch or even spread the votes widely enough to get yet another no lynch.

You know more or less certainly that I was town at least until yesterday. I'm telling you now that I still am. If you all think I should then I'll unvote, but otherwise we NEED to get a wagon rolling on someone.

Forget votes right now. Lay an FOS onyour top suspect and state your case. We'll work from there.

Archived