Hulk Hogan announces Impact Wrestling to Go On The Road

ClutchedByTheCamel

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely there is no excuse not to tape over here now then? Imagine how class Impact would look at Wembley?

The cost of taping over staging a live show may inhibit it. Dixie has said previously that the additonal cost is the reason why they haven't recorded a UK show (even for UK DVD retail)

I trust as well you are talking Wembley Arena?

Hogan just did an appearance on Bubba The Love Sponge's radio show. I only caught the end of the interview and most of it was about Linda and her new book but Hogan did say that "he's gotten in trouble for what he said about the tapings". He basically said that the upcoming on the road tapings will be a test to see if they can make this thing work. Nothing's set in stone yet, i.e. it's not guaranteed that once August comes every other taping from that point on will be on the road. At least that's what Hogan said. Take it for what it's worth.

I think its a good thing there starting to leave the impact zone, although I think attendance will drop quickly to 1-2K. In my honest opinion they should try and use smaller venues, perhaps those used by ECW on occasion (Hammerstein Size) and create a different feel.

In fact I have seen a few ECW tapings where they used arenas and the fan cam clearly shows how awfully empty they were

I think its a good thing there starting to leave the impact zone, although I think attendance will drop quickly to 1-2K. In my honest opinion they should try and use smaller venues, perhaps those used by ECW on occasion (Hammerstein Size) and create a different feel.

In fact I have seen a few ECW tapings where they used arenas and the fan cam clearly shows how awfully empty they were

thats assuming they draw 1-2k fans in the first place. Didnt they only draw something like 600-700 on recent house shows in NY state?

Hammerstein Ballroom tapings with Bully Ray vs. Mr Anderson TNA title would be brilliant, RVD too it can all add up and with the way TNA is going don't be too suprised to see Fonzy turn up would surely fill the arena.

If TNA books right this could be brilliant perhaps a Detroit show with Kevin Nash appearing etc . . . .if booked right too it will help but this will be TNA's downfall.

• Paid Members
if booked right too it will help but this will be TNA's downfall.

I have to ask: why are you always predicting TNA's downfall? Nearly every time I see you commenting on them, it's to announce they'll be defunct within a year or something like that.

I have to ask: why are you always predicting TNA's downfall? Nearly every time I see you commenting on them, it's to announce they'll be defunct within a year or something like that.

TNA's biggest problem is their booking. They have good merch, house shows have picked up now Jarrett is running them but the booking has shocking (although improving i will admit). If TNA book this right then it will make them massive.

• Paid Members

TNA's biggest problem is their booking. They have good merch, house shows have picked up now Jarrett is running them but the booking has shocking (although improving i will admit). If TNA book this right then it will make them massive.

"Shocking" is really overstating the case. The booking has been hit-and-miss, but stuff like Jarrett's MMA "career" and the earlier portion of his feud with Angle were excellent - Jarrett's been better than he ever was before. Sting's work over the past few months has been brilliant - his feud with Anderson led to us seeing some great things like Anderson dressing up like old-school Sting and Eric Young putting on a blinder as The Great Muta.

Either way, you're really exaggerating how much the booking's going to affect their fortunes if you think that it's going to lead to them going under. If they've got good merch and house are picking up as you say, they're in no danger at all. Their booking has not been THAT bad.

People have been talking about TNA's downfall for 9 years, and it's doing just fine.

If it was up to me, I'd drop 6 PPVs and replace them with special Impacts on the road, like the March 3rd Impact this year. Something like:

Jan - Genesis, to start the new year with all new storylines

Feb - Big Impact on the road

Mar - Big Impact on the road

Apr - Lockdown (all cage, after 3 full months build up)

May - Big Impact on the road

Jun - Slammiversary (the usual anniversary celebration, tradition, nostalgia etc)

Jul - Hardcore Justice (hardcore themed PPV)

Aug - Big Impact on the road

Sep - Big Impact on the road

Oct - Bound For Glory (culmination of that year's big storylines)

Nov - Big Impact on the road - the fallout from BFG/increasing X Divison focus

Dec - Destination X - All X-Division PPV

TNA will never be massive - 95% of non wrestling fans associate WWF/E with wrestling. If you asked people in the street about TNa or Impact wrestling odds are they wouldnt have a clue but they would know WWE.

TNA will grow through the house shows which most wrestling fans agree are better than the TV shows and the booking does seem to have iimproved (concepts like the BFG series are great as it makes house shows relevant as well to the TV) but massive? dont think so.

That said, they have been going longer than ECW now haven't they?

Archived