Business is about to pick up!

• Paid Members

Here's one for the you: Hogan said he "regained contact" with Randy Savage and they no longer hated each other. He never said he was his pal again. Warrior even admits they met up in that video and Savage made attempts to extend the olive branch. Now with all that in mind, Warrior is judging Hogan for slagging Savage off even though he supposedly tried to make up with him. How can anyone slag Hogan off for slagging Savage off? Savage used Hogan's name to diddle charity events for fake fights that were never going to happen, he bad mouthed him for years blaming him for everything, he released a comedy album using his name to get himself cheap publicity and Hogan offered him outside he bottled it. No wonder Savage wanted to be friends with Hogan again. So much for Warriors claim of being scared of confrontation. Hogan threated to batter him at a TNA event in 2004. Hogan said in early 2010 he'd met up with Savage again, so its bollock all to do with his death. Its well known he's spoke to him to try and get him into TNA. Which is good form for Savage. He hated Hogan in 1994 until their was a job offer from WCW on the table. After the way Savage treated Hogan for years, tried to bum him for publicity because nobody was interested in him (like Warrior is currently doing) why would Hogan take the high road? And why the fuck would anyone care that Hogan and Savage are friends again? This interview was recorded before Savage even died. Hogan had an opinion that Savage was a paranoid nutcase who's mood changed and blamed Hogan for everything that ever went bad in Savage's life (until he needed work). And he was right. The likes of Warrior, Bret Hart and Savage all had or have a hard on for Hogan. Its pretty frightening how angry they get over them.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
From this weeks Wrestling Observer

He also claimed Hogan never reconciled with Savage as he claimed. What was notable is that interview played

after Savage died and Hogan had the story about reconciling with Savage on it, but it was taped weeks

before Savage died, plus Hogan had told the same story about bumping into Savage at the doctor and

making up with him a long time ago so it

• Paid Members
Again my point is that if Hogan did lie (he has previous) then it's digusting the way he piggy backed on the wave of sympathy Savage had at the time, simply to get a little bit of publicity out of it.

Piggy backed? Savage wasnt Princess Diana. He was Hogan's former best friend, tag partner and he would obviously have been genuinly upset. All he did was post a video on youtube saying he hopes he's in a better place. What publicity did he get out of it? None. If he'd have said nothing, some group of planks would have said he was a hypocrite. You just need to check his old interviews. He's always spoke highly of Savage. He never took the Savage thing seriously, because unlike us, he knew what he was like. And if you want to talk about piggy backing onto someone, Savage and Warrior made their living piggybacking on Hogan's whole career. Even now. Warrior isnt doing it for anything other than he's a publicity whore.

• Paid Members
Again my point is that if Hogan did lie (he has previous) then it's digusting the way he piggy backed on the wave of sympathy Savage had at the time, simply to get a little bit of publicity out of it.

Piggy backed? Savage wasnt Princess Diana. He was Hogan's former best friend, tag partner and he would obviously have been genuinly upset. All he did was post a video on youtube saying he hopes he's in a better place. What publicity did he get out of it? None. If he'd have said nothing, some group of planks would have said he was a hypocrite. You just need to check his old interviews. He's always spoke highly of Savage. He never took the Savage thing seriously, because unlike us, he knew what he was like. And if you want to talk about piggy backing onto someone, Savage and Warrior made their living piggybacking on Hogan's whole career. Even now. Warrior isnt doing it for anything other than he's a publicity whore.

Yeah but they didn't piggy back (lets see how often we can get those words in) on Hogans death though. The cold severity of it is hardly the same.

Savage isn't Princess Diana, but you can't deny that the publicity his death got was a big deal (compared with previous wrestler deaths). It went mainstream. Also Hogans comments were all over the news articles on Savages death. Hogans a smart man, he knows how it works.

I can see this going in circles to be honest. We have no way of knowing if Hogan was sincere or not. Hogan has lied so much, that I have a hard time thinking anything he says in public isn't him bullshitting to a degree.

Warrior isnt doing it for anything other than he's a publicity whore.

See, here's the part that confuses me. What does Warrior have to gain from all of this? If he were selling the sit-down interview he did, then fair enough, but he isn't. He isn't making money from this.

Is he doing all of this in the hope that he can get back into the business on the back of a feud with Hogan? I don't think so.

He just strikes me as a dude who's had an unfair amount of shit thrown his way, most likely for the reasons I outlined in my last post, and wants to get some shit off his chest.

No big deal really, but an interesting watch.

• Paid Members
Warrior isnt doing it for anything other than he's a publicity whore.

See, here's the part that confuses me. What does Warrior have to gain from all of this? If he were selling the sit-down interview he did, then fair enough, but he isn't. He isn't making money from this.

Is he doing all of this in the hope that he can get back into the business on the back of a feud with Hogan? I don't think so.

He just strikes me as a dude who's had an unfair amount of shit thrown his way, most likely for the reasons I outlined in my last post, and wants to get some shit off his chest.

No big deal really, but an interesting watch.

Warrior has been like this for years. Money has never been his motivation when it comes to someone who has slagged him off. He's really thinned skinned from what I've seem of him. He called Droz a cripple, just because he was presenting a show on WWE.com promoting a WWE DVD. Or the stuff he said about Heenan. Or slagging Jim Ross' facial disfigurement. He's like Bret Hart with a skin head. If you slag him off, he'll call you out. There's an underlining theme throughout the whole video, of him keep bringing up Hogan discrediting him name. Anyone who has a tattoo of themselves (not a logo or a name, but a full head to foot drawing of themselves up their arm) and changes their name to their ring name is obviously sensetive about their character. Which I'm cool with anyway. And I'm not even bothered about him doing it for publicity and to get his name back into the public eye (if you check his first video he mentions he's returning to TV with some project, so I imagine hes back on the scene to promote that). I just think the reasons for why he's doing this isnt just because he feels like it. He's got an odd way off promoting he's products.

Yeah but they didn't piggy back (lets see how often we can get those words in) on Hogans death though. The cold severity of it is hardly the same.

No they piggy backed on his name for personal gain. And Hogan didnt piggy back on Savages death. If he never said anything, what would everyone have said? Hogan's comments in the press were taken from a video on his facebook. He never did a paid interview on Savages death did he? How is that piggy backing? It isnt.

Savage isn't Princess Diana, but you can't deny that the publicity his death got was a big deal (compared with previous wrestler deaths). It went mainstream. Also Hogans comments were all over the news articles on Savages death. Hogans a smart man, he knows how it works.

Hogan was his former partner and former best friend. The press are obviously going to use his name in articles. Again, did Hogan have any control over it? No. If Hogan hadnt said anything, Hogan's name would still have been used, because all of Savage's big money programs or high profile feuds (both real and fake) involved Hogan. He has a right to comment on it, like everyone else does.

From this weeks Wrestling Observer

He also claimed Hogan never reconciled with Savage as he claimed. What was notable is that interview played

after Savage died and Hogan had the story about reconciling with Savage on it, but it was taped weeks

before Savage died, plus Hogan had told the same story about bumping into Savage at the doctor and

making up with him a long time ago so it

• Paid Members
Something I really can't seem to understand - how is it that after so many years being inactive he gets more than a million views on Youtube and more than 31,000 followers in Twitter in just a month?! Christ, so called big names such as DDP and Hall are also trying to have some "success" on the world wide web and can't even get the same impact as the Warrior did in just one month.

Well firstly Warrior is shipping mega sleaze which will always get the most attention and its about the most famous wrestler ever too, so that adds more intrigue. Plus he was a Mega Main Eventer at a point in history.

DDP and Hall are mountains more entertaining to me than Warrior ever was, but they never hit the WWF Main eventer spot (when it actually meant something), so they'll always play second fiddle to Warrior, or at least have to put a lot more effort into it. Hall does pretty well, but disappearing suddenly and falling out with the people who post stuff for him constantly, make him lose traction every few months.

The likes of Warrior, Bret Hart and Savage all had or have a hard on for Hogan.

Looks like they're not the only ones. Tee Hee!

Something I really can't seem to understand - how is it that after so many years being inactive he gets more than a million views on Youtube and more than 31,000 followers in Twitter in just a month?! Christ, so called big names such as DDP and Hall are also trying to have some "success" on the world wide web and can't even get the same impact as the Warrior did in just one month.

Well firstly Warrior is shipping mega sleaze which will always get the most attention and its about the most famous wrestler ever too, so that adds more intrigue. Plus he was a Mega Main Eventer at a point in history.

DDP and Hall are mountains more entertaining to me than Warrior ever was, but they never hit the WWF Main eventer spot (when it actually meant something), so they'll always play second fiddle to Warrior, or at least have to put a lot more effort into it. Hall does pretty well, but disappearing suddenly and falling out with the people who post stuff for him constantly, make him lose traction every few months.

Last Call has been going on since Aug 2009 with more than 30 vids and only got about 1.5 million views - in Youtube terms that's not doing very well.

But come on Hall and DDP were big names in the mid-late 90's and even people who weren't wrestling fans knew who they are when they walked down the street. I think there channels on Youtube would be more relevant and it would make sense if we would have seen them getting a lot of views/subscribers/followers but the reality is that a bigger has-been who only had a ten year (in total) run in this industry is a much relevant name. I don't know, it's a bit strange for me.

• Paid Members

Nothing wrong with that. I'm in good company. *snort*

I think there channels on Youtube would be more relevant

People are more intrigued by cases of people being mental, though. I'd have a guess that Scott Hall's showing at that event where he couldnt walk gained as many if not more viewers than the Warrior. TMZ reported that as well, and we all had to take a look to see if he was really as bad as we taught he was. If Warrior was talking about upcoming appearances or hung around with Larry Zbysko, I doubt many would be bothered.

• Paid Members

But come on Hall and DDP were big names in the mid-late 90's and even people who weren't wrestling fans knew who they are when they walked down the street.

They were big names, not as big as Warrior. And I honestly dont think non fans would really know who they are If they saw them in the street, even in the mid 90's

but the reality is that a bigger has-been who only had a ten year (in total) run in this industry is a much relevant name. I don't know, it's a bit strange for me.

Firstly at his peak Warrior was a much bigger name than Hall and DDP, plus as I said sleaze sells. If Hall suddenly announced that Shawn Michaels and HHH had upset him and he would be releasing mega dirt on them both in his next show, his numbers would sky rocket.

I'm not sure why we're debating this anyway, even Warriors numbers are easily eclipsed by laughing babies and cute cats hugging each other.

Archived