Poor taste or reading too much into it

psyclown

Today, Monday 23rd of May 2011 marks the twelve year anniversary of one of the saddest incidents in wrestling history.

Owen Hart died twelve years ago today at the PPV over the Edge.

I still miss Owens matches, i think he was a brilliant wrestler, better even the his brother.

now you may question the title of this topic or you may have already figured where i am going with it.

Last night was a WWE PPV called OVER THE limit..........the day before the 12th anniversary of Owens death they have a PPV with a name so similar to the name of the show he died at.

now is it very poor taste from the WWE or am i just reading too much into it

You're reading way too much into this. I can't imagine Vince and everyone in a boardroom decided to name the event "Over The Limit" based on a wrestler dying in the same month of the event ten years earlier. Anyway, it sounds like it was named after Scott Hall to me.

• Moderators
but if you realized that it was the day before the anniversary and it was you making decisions wouldn't you have changed it

Would I fuck as like. I'd have been spunking money promoting and advertising it for ages before I'd realise, and anyroads it isn't the same name. I reckon you're reading far, far too much into it.

• Paid Members

Yes, I'm outraged too. 12 years after a wrestler died at a show called Over The Edge, they have the gall to have a show with the words "Over" and "The" in the title. They may as well piss on Owens grave.

It's not surprising though. This is the same company that kept using the Wrestlemania name even after Andre The Giant died taking a body slam at WM3. They didn't even even try to change that name slightly. The bastards!.

Today, Monday 23rd of May 2011 marks the twelve year anniversary of one of the saddest incidents in wrestling history.

Owen Hart died twelve years ago today at the PPV over the Edge.

I still miss Owens matches, i think he was a brilliant wrestler, better even the his brother.

now you may question the title of this topic or you may have already figured where i am going with it.

Last night was a WWE PPV called OVER THE limit..........the day before the 12th anniversary of Owens death they have a PPV with a name so similar to the name of the show he died at.

now is it very poor taste from the WWE or am i just reading too much into it

Evil Vince did it. It's all part of the conspiracy to... Erm... Well, what the fuck are you on about?

You shouldn't have started a new thread for this, unless you were starting a thread called "Spasticated comments and thoughts that don't warrant a thread."

You could be really picky and have a niggle at WWE for the irony of Having Cars on the ramp given the fact Savage died behind the wheel of car.. but nope just reading to much into nothing.

Didn't they at 1 point have a Over the limit poster with EDGE on it?

Yeah last year which was the first Over The Limit pay per view featured Edge on the poster and was on the exact date of the 11th anniversary of his death. People read into this and apparently superstars got minor injuries on the day thus thinking it was a jinx on other forums. But that is what you get when you read into situations. Hell this year it was Called Over The Limit and had Daniel Bryan on the poster yet he didn't get used... that is a conspiracy (joke).

It would be like saying why is Barack Obama not used a Capitol Punishment (which i'm expecting him not to be) when is on the poster.

Archived