TNA bringing back the 6 sided ring?

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

If it was physically possible (its not) to swap the rings around at tapings/ppv's, to exclusively give the X division matches the six sided ring it would certainly make the divison stand out.

But for one pay per view it is completely pointless and will probably hurt some matches due to the wrestlers not being used to it. If they want the show to stand out, give Hogan and Flair the night of and genuinely give it to the X-division. They can work their balls off and if its an awesome show for a few years running, it will gain a positive reputation.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps bring in a 1 night only trophy for World X cup and bring it to a tag team tournament?

British Invasion vs. Mexican America vs. Motor City Machine Guns vs. Okada/(some NJPW star?)

Run Ultimate X for the title Kaz vs. Robbie E vs. Kendrick vs. Paul London?

and maybe put on an International 3 way and showcase some outside talent (Crazy/Liger/Pac etc . . .) and bring in some small inter-promotional matches

• Paid Members
Why does it highlight the X-Division? I don't see how the 6-sided ring gave them anything more. TNA just haven't been using them much.

I think a few of the X-Division guys have said that they prefer the six-sided ring as the ropes are tighter, meaning its easier execute springboard moves and whatnot

Why does it highlight the X-Division? I don't see how the 6-sided ring gave them anything more. TNA just haven't been using them much.

I posted a response to this point in the "Comments..." thread, but I can't be arsed to go back and find it.

To sum up: I think it's a good idea as a means of marketing the X-Division as a separate, "state-of-the-art" (or, at least, unusual) style. You and I both know it doesn't really mean anything, but it's part of the psychology of presentation: it marks the X-Division out as different, and kind of fits with the flashy movesets, multiple-man matches and big stunts.

Oddly enough, it could be said that TNA might actually be using the 6-sider in the most meaningful way they ever have since they first got it. Before, when they were trying to distinguish themselves, it really didn't add anything. But using it as it's meant to be, i.e. a gimmick to be busted out once a year or so, gives TNA a distinctive feature that WWE don't have. Using it for all divisions makes it look like a gimmick for the sake of it.

Why not a seperate TNA X-Division brand, have the four sided ring on Impact or whatever the fuck they're calling it now and then another show, maybe an hour long with the six sider just for X-Division stuff, cut out all the skits and backstage stuff, just have a few quality matches. That way they can get guys on to TV who don't necessarily have the opportunity on impact and build it as a genuinely unique product

• Paid Members
as a one off why not it will appease the people who for whatever reason think that tna not having a six sided ring is their biggest problem

No one thinks that. Though all those people who thought the 6-sided ring WAS a problem have been silenced.

Why not a seperate TNA X-Division brand, have the four sided ring on Impact or whatever the fuck they're calling it now and then another show, maybe an hour long with the six sider just for X-Division stuff, cut out all the skits and backstage stuff, just have a few quality matches. That way they can get guys on to TV who don't necessarily have the opportunity on impact and build it as a genuinely unique product

No. Because:

1. Where and when is it going to be shown? Nobody's crying out to pick up an extra hour of TNA programming, especially one that's aimed at... Well...

2. Who the fuck is it aimed at?

3. When and where are they going to tape it? Every other Wednesday in the Impact Zone?

4. It fucks up any cruiserweights who are actually good enough to be on the proper show.

I sometimes think people don't think about the realities of suggestions like that. It's like the people who think WWE should have one brand for kids and one brand with blood, swearing and rape. It's not feasible.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Abyss Wins the X title this week, he could dominate but not squash X guys leading to Dest-X and have AJ Styles vs Abyss for X Division Title thats a worthy-ish main event for the PPV.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I like the idea of bringing in some jap or new indy guys for an 'Ultimate X tournament' or something, fair enough it might not create alot of storylines after the show but it could give the main event scene a breather, the show couldnt be any worse than Hardcore Justice in terms of one-off outta nowhere type shows.

If it was physically possible (its not) to swap the rings around at tapings/ppv's, to exclusively give the X division matches the six sided ring it would certainly make the divison stand out.

What about having them just set it up in a different are kind of like how Shamrock and Owen had that

What about having them just set it up in a different are kind of like how Shamrock and Owen had that

TNA have a very efficent ring crew. They could change the ring to be a 6 sided ring in 15 minutes. They would have to use a special ring which has a special framework that can be folded into the four sided ring framework. They then have the other two ringposts and the six sided ring ropes stored under the ring as well as the board extensions. To pass time they could do a long live backstage promo for the benefit of the audience in the impact zone and then also do a video package to highlight the up and coming ultimate X.

TNA have a very efficent ring crew. They could change the ring to be a 6 sided ring in 15 minutes. They would have to use a special ring which has a special framework that can be folded into the four sided ring framework. They then have the other two ringposts and the six sided ring ropes stored under the ring as well as the board extensions. To pass time they could do a long live backstage promo for the benefit of the audience in the impact zone and then also do a video package to highlight the up and coming ultimate X.

or they could just use it for one night aand have be a gimmick along the same lines that Lockdown is an all-cage show

Archived