TNA bringing back the 6 sided ring?

Cobra1000

from wrestlezone.com

Thanks to Samuel Feeley for sending this in:

TNA Wrestling has posted the following poster on its Twitter account for this year's Destination X PPV. It appears as if the company is promoting the return of the 6 sided ring in the poster:

tnaukdestinationx2011.jpg

So, thoughts?

Could be a one night only thing, could be they are lazy in poster designing, or it could be the 6 sided ring is making a comeback for good?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has been posted in another thread.

I believe it was the "Comments and thoughts that don't warrant a thread".

Personally I would of thought this would be thread worthy.

I hope they don't go back. Nothing wrong with it, but feels like a step back. It's almost like admitting a mistake, plus the 6 sided ring docent work well on camera IMO.

Why does it highlight the X-Division? I don't see how the 6-sided ring gave them anything more. TNA just haven't been using them much.

The PPV is called Destination X and it has been said before that they want this to be an X division PPV, it will most likely feature an Ultimate X match that looks better in a 6 sided ring.

I'd like the return of the six sided ring, a one night only thing for Destination X every year would be quite cool and they could begin playing on the wrestlers having to deal with the different aspects of the six sides as opposed to the four sides too, obviously not so soon now as a lot of them have wrestled in the six sides for a few years and it's only changed within the last year or so but maybe a few years down the line if they keep it up with having the six sides as a one night only thing for Destination X every year.

Also is it only me who saw that poster and immediately thought of X Factor? That looks almost exactly like the X Factor X.

as a one off why not it will appease the people who for whatever reason think that tna not having a six sided ring is their biggest problem

an ultimate x match as main event for the x title probably

theyve just started an x divison wrestlers are pissed off storyline so it will probably fit with that

I hope it is a return of the six sided ring. I liked it. It made TNA look different to WWE.

• Paid Members
Why does it highlight the X-Division? I don't see how the 6-sided ring gave them anything more. TNA just haven't been using them much.

I posted a response to this point in the "Comments..." thread, but I can't be arsed to go back and find it.

To sum up: I think it's a good idea as a means of marketing the X-Division as a separate, "state-of-the-art" (or, at least, unusual) style. You and I both know it doesn't really mean anything, but it's part of the psychology of presentation: it marks the X-Division out as different, and kind of fits with the flashy movesets, multiple-man matches and big stunts.

Oddly enough, it could be said that TNA might actually be using the 6-sider in the most meaningful way they ever have since they first got it. Before, when they were trying to distinguish themselves, it really didn't add anything. But using it as it's meant to be, i.e. a gimmick to be busted out once a year or so, gives TNA a distinctive feature that WWE don't have. Using it for all divisions makes it look like a gimmick for the sake of it.

Also is it only me who saw that poster and immediately thought of X Factor? That looks almost exactly like the X Factor X.

Nope. Thought the same when I saw when TNA posted it on Facebook and said here.

Ah right fair enough, haven't looked in there yet as I haven't seen Impact yet. I was just saying that a lot of people who do see it will be thinking of X Factor, which your post proves, also especially those who don't watch wrestling will just immediately think X Factor, they need something unique. It does look kind of small time when a poster for one of your wrestling company's big PPV events reminds people of a reality singing competition TV show.

I posted a response to this point in the "Comments..." thread, but I can't be arsed to go back and find it.

To sum up: I think it's a good idea as a means of marketing the X-Division as a separate, "state-of-the-art" (or, at least, unusual) style. You and I both know it doesn't really mean anything, but it's part of the psychology of presentation: it marks the X-Division out as different, and kind of fits with the flashy movesets, multiple-man matches and big stunts.

Oddly enough, it could be said that TNA might actually be using the 6-sider in the most meaningful way they ever have since they first got it. Before, when they were trying to distinguish themselves, it really didn't add anything. But using it as it's meant to be, i.e. a gimmick to be busted out once a year or so, gives TNA a distinctive feature that WWE don't have. Using it for all divisions makes it look like a gimmick for the sake of it.

Hadn't thought of it like that. It would make sense if they were actually doing it in that way. Not sure if TNA actually push it like that though. I guess we'll see!

Archived