Randy Savage Dies

Jambo

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think the ring rat bit was a given. The piece hinted at something darker I suspect in her family past. Coupled with the fact she ended up with at least two controlling and/or violent men it doesn't paint a very happy picture of her life.

Agreed:

The two met when he was 26 or 27, and she was 19. Hulette, from Frankfort, KY, was a teenage wrestling fan who developed a crush on Savage, who was billed as the ICW world heavyweight champion for his father

Im just sad that the last we saw of Savage in a Pro-Wrestling ring was this

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/f...ge_-_Randy_.jpg

in 2004. Savage should really have had a BIG finale and sendoff to his career. Its such a shame that as someone who got out of the business in 2000 (barring thats small TNA stint when 52), with his health, had saved his money and found his place and love again, had his life ut short like this.

Apropos of nothing, Liz was fucking gorgeous.

Agreed! There are times when Cheryl Cole reminds me of Elizabeth. Especially around 88/89. Hmmm now she's not doing X-Factor, how about a TV movie on the life of Randy & Liz? But who would you get to play Randy?

• Paid Members

Agreed! There are times when Cheryl Cole reminds me of Elizabeth. Especially around 88/89. Hmmm now she's not doing X-Factor, how about a TV movie on the life of Randy & Liz? But who would you get to play Randy?

Well I've heard reports that Jimmy Nail has grown his hair long again and almost has a full beard on, in preparation for an upcoming role.

"Ooh Ye dorty bastad, am not lettin ya oot me fuckin sight anymore. Stay in this locka room and divint talk ta nee fucka til i get back."

;)

Seriously though, Liz was stunning. It amazes me how many people I know, that aren't wrestling fans now but watched it back then as damn nearly everyone did, it amazes me how whenever wrestling gets mentioned, nearly all of them say something like ; "Oh I used to love that Macho bloke or whatever he was called, him who used to always be with his wife, that pretty little woman", it's usually women who say it, but without fail, she always gets brought into the conversation straight away when the subject of wrestling comes up with people I know that used to watch it in the late 80' to early 90's.

His match against piper(think is a dark match like they used to do at the old tv tapings) from around late 89-early 90 is fun - check out savages aeroplane spin at 2.50 of Part 2 - probably one of the quickest I have seen!!

How could that have been a dark match? It was filmed.

• Paid Members

Well, WWF did an MTV special in 1985 where only three matches aired out of 11 or 12. Just because you film it and release it at a later date, doesnt mean it isnt a dark match. WWE have released countless dark matches on DVD comps, that were filmed after Raw.

• 4 weeks later...

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- A medical examiner says something went wrong with professional wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage's heart before he crashed his car and declared the cause of death as heart disease.

The autopsy released Thursday reveals that 58-year-old Randy Poffo, known professionally as Randy Savage, had an enlarged heart with severe blocking of his coronary arteries. With only minor injuries from the crash, the Tampa Bay area medical examiner determined the cause of death to be heart disease.

Authorities say Savage was driving in Pinellas County May 20 when he lost consciousness and crashed into a tree. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Toxicology results showed small traces of alcohol and hydrocodone in Poffo's system, but officials say the amounts wouldn't have factored into the crash.

Hugh Jackman

Archived