The Worst of ECW

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

There were some absolute awful matches in ECW, awful promo's and awful characters but it was still f'n awesome. The ropey shit made it what it was....i imagine people who never watched it at the time not really understanding it or 'getting' it, but for anyone who was a fan as it happened, it's the greatest wrestling shit ever.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Spiro Greco FTW though!

No.

God, I hate ECW. I didn't enjoy it watching it as a bairn on Bravo, and I fucking despise watching it now. ECW had 18 good months, and people act like it was the be all and end all of wrestling. Shame really. WCW put out decent content for 12 years, on and off. And the ECW "Counter culture" argument is bollocks. If it was that cool, how come the crowd couldn't get into the school football team or look like they've ever had missuses? It's faux cool. Like when people wear long leather jackets and are king nerd. They're the coolest of their group of misfits, but they aren't cool.

I hate ECW.

No.

God, I hate ECW. I didn't enjoy it watching it as a bairn on Bravo, and I fucking despise watching it now. ECW had 18 good months, and people act like it was the be all and end all of wrestling. Shame really. WCW put out decent content for 12 years, on and off. And the ECW "Counter culture" argument is bollocks. If it was that cool, how come the crowd couldn't get into the school football team or look like they've ever had missuses? It's faux cool. Like when people wear long leather jackets and are king nerd. They're the coolest of their group of misfits, but they aren't cool.

I hate ECW.

Because the people who got on the school football team generally go one of two ways - either they stick with their

thick skulled sports, become quite good at one and succeed (0.1%) or they fail and end up falling back on nothing because they're not bright enough. (99.9% - not exact stats)

As far as ECW fans go, okay they most definitely were not 'cool' and they weren't popular but fuck, at least they are what they are and don't pretend not to be. It pisses me off when wrestling fans pretend not to be. If you're embarrassed to like something, why do you bloody like it? I'm not saying I'd go around wearing a Sandman T-shirt in town, but if someone talks about wrestling I'm always completely honest and I guess I at least respect that in the ECW cult fanbase, even if they did take it much too far. Be yourself, fuck anyone else.

I disagree with the "just be yourself" thing.

If you're George Clooney, then sure - be yourself!

If you're a fat, spotty nerd who's never touched boob, and spends their evening watching wrestling DVDs, I suggest you try not being yourself for a bit to see how it pans out.

I disagree with the "just be yourself" thing.

If you're George Clooney, then sure - be yourself!

If you're a fat, spotty nerd who's never touched boob, and spends their evening watching wrestling DVDs, I suggest you try not being yourself for a bit to see how it pans out.

By all means try new things but don't stop doing what you enjoy just because it's not 'cool'.

If it's not legal, on the other hand...

Archived