Sky Subscriptions

Dazz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I get The HD channels and 3 packs + ESPN (I get ESPN for free) I used to have the whole hog but thats just way to expensive and I dont need the movies as I own most of waht they show on Blu Ray & DVD. In fact I had a bit of a row with the call centre when they tried to sell me on the movie and sports that becuase Im getting the HD channels I get the normal channels for free!? Why when I have HD would I decide to watch something in lo def? I suggested that maybe they should be sold seperately then you would be more inclined to take them. They didn't like or have an answer for that.

• Paid Members
I visited Hull a couple of months ago on business and I was shocked when they mentioned to me they have their own telephone provider there and not BT. I've never known that before.

Before the explosion of the internet, it wasn't a bad thing. KC was always a fantastic phone provider. Now it's a bastard.

• Paid Members
I visited Hull a couple of months ago on business and I was shocked when they mentioned to me they have their own telephone provider there and not BT. I've never known that before.

Before the explosion of the internet, it wasn't a bad thing. KC was always a fantastic phone provider. Now it's a bastard.

Surely something can be done about it? I would have thought the folk of Hull would have gone nuts being monopolised like that!

• Paid Members

Surely something can be done about it? I would have thought the folk of Hull would have gone nuts being monopolised like that!

I'll make the gag about them not knowing how to use the internet or being able to afford Sky before someone else does!

• Paid Members

I'll make the gag about them not knowing how to use the internet or being able to afford Sky before someone else does!

Found this on Wiki...

"As residents and most businesses in Hull are served only with telecoms services by KC,[7] some service users are unhappy with the monopoly position KC has in the Hull area.

The main concern is that of Internet service provision; KC's Karoo service is the only residential broadband operator in the Hull area. According to a decision from the European Commission in 2004, KCOM Group PLC (

Literally just signed up with Sky. I was with Virgin for a year. I signed up with them because they told me the installation and box would be free only to be charged for the box the following month. They wouldn't budge, so I told them that once the contract was up I'd be leaving them, which I have now done.

Virgin:-

Medium TV package + HD =

• Paid Members
Literally just signed up with Sky. I was with Virgin for a year. I signed up with them because they told me the installation and box would be free only to be charged for the box the following month. They wouldn't budge, so I told them that once the contract was up I'd be leaving them, which I have now done.

Medium TV package + HD =

Medium TV package + HD =

Not with Sky but if you want to do a comparison, with Virgin I get:

V+HD Box with all channels including Sports and Movies HD although you don't get SS3 or SS4 in HD.

V HD Box in the room with all channels.

50MB Broadband.

Unlimited Calls to landlines and Virgin Mobiles all day, everyday.

• Paid Members

Medium TV package + HD =

Archived