WWE bringing back managers?

I remember just being completely confused when Hayes started managing the Hardyz and being treated as a legend as I'd only ever known him as Dok Hendrix. I had a WWF best of 1995 video that he hosted which I watched over and over. He would introduce matches whilst getting constant phone calls from his nagging mum, and hung up on the wall behind him was this ridiculous portrait of him. I remember him absolutely raving over the Sid/Tatanka vs Diesel/Bam Bam match at In Your House.

If I knew how to convert the VHS to DVD and then somehow upload it onto Youtube you'd all be in for such a treat lads. You'd love it Ian.

I was the same way. Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettingill were like the WWF's version of Ant and Dec when they presented the Action Zone. Hendrix was perhaps even more of a cheesy fucker than Todd Pettingill was. Although me and my mate still occassionally say "I'm Handsome Dok Hendrix and we'll get ya back to more Raw in just a second ..." because he had a habbit of popping up halfway through Raw to upset the flow of the show to give us one of his Slam Jam reports.

If Smackdown has anything like this on the show, it would highly improve it:

That is genuinely one of the best things I've ever seen.

The fact that Hayes looked at the script and thought "I'll do it like this" and someone approved it and it was allowed to go out on TV like that, it's just brilliant.

I liked Todd as well, he lost a spark though when he lost the mullet. Interestingly Dok Hendrix went the other way to Pettingill and started out short haired before growing his own mullet. What does it all mean?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I do hope Michael Hayes continues to dress like a pimp on safari while on TV, as he did at the Hall Of Fame this year.

He's wearing a blue shirt, with cream pants and blue shoes. He's one step away from bringing the "ho's" to the ring and telling you his new profession "Ain't Easy". He's came to play, obviously.

I wonder if we will go back to having some guys like Hayes having a little stable/collection of talents they have signed to their books or if they will stick to pairing managers with individual guys/teams. Also with the tag team division being non-existent you could have a manager scouting talent and creating a team, even if just pairing guys HHH and co have taken on board. You could have another Team Angle esque pairing but with a high esteemed manager/former wrestler 'scouting' and bringing in the talent.

Stevie Ricards and Val Venis could make good managers and can dually work FCW etc alongside the talent they are paired with in ring to hone them further.

Personally, although I don't think it will happen in WWE, I would love to see Shane Douglas brought back in this type of role. As for Michael Hayes, after watching Superstars, I don't buy him being with Tyson Kidd. However, I think a stable consisting of Trent Baretta, Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder could be interesting with Hayes at the helm.

Personally, although I don't think it will happen in WWE, I would love to see Shane Douglas brought back in this type of role. As for Michael Hayes, after watching Superstars, I don't buy him being with Tyson Kidd. However, I think a stable consisting of Trent Baretta, Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder could be interesting with Hayes at the helm.

They could feud with the York Foundation!

However, I think a stable consisting of Trent Baretta, Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder could be interesting with Hayes at the helm.

Oooh yes, that could actually be all kinds of good.

Three very talented, but criminally underused wrestlers, with a great old-school mouthpiece.

Somebody make that happen!

Zack Ryder doesn't need a mouthpiece, and hanging around with Hayes doesn't really fit his character. Although Hayes wanting to hang around with trendier young wrestlers is perfectly in-character for him, and he could easily play the "I'll get you noticed, kid, I'm a Legend" card to get in with them.

Main thing Zack Ryder needs is a device that gives small electric shocks to people that can't spell his first name.

Actually, I think having a manger would suit the character of Zack Ryder. Yes, he (his character) has a smart-mouth but he also lacks serious focus. Having a manager could provide a greater edge and take him to the next level in storyline terms. Managers do not just have to be there to provide their charges with a mouthpiece, they can also be used in a coaching or advisory capacity.

I think Big Mark Henry needs another manager if he's ever going to crack into the main event full-time on SD. Abraham Washington could work as he doesn't seem to be doing anything at the moment.

Abraham Washington looks alright as a wrestler and has a decent size, I think they will push him as a Wrestler not someones manager.

I would sack Teddy Long as Smackdown GM as he seems to have been doing the same dancing playa with the the shit suit routine for years, then he could turn heel and become someone's manager.

I agree, get T-Long back in the managers role, he's so mind numbingly bland as a the Smackdown GM. Michael Cole would make a good GM, don't agree with him being a manager though as he'll take away the focus of anybody he's managing, like it's been said previously.

I keep catching NXT when I can, and my guts telling me that Regal's going to be a manager for Jacob Novak eventually.

Punk would make a good manager for Mason Ryan.

Archived