WWE bringing back managers?

• Paid Members

What about Byron Saxton from NXT as a manager? He seems to have a bit of a gab.

Obviously Michael Cole would make a decent choice, but he has been one of the best things in WWE over the past year and has been sterling at the announce table. It will be a shame to see him go, as it was great to finally have a decent heel announcer again.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the fuck put Hayes back on my TV? Great idea, the manager thing, but Hayes does my tree in. How long before he cuts a promo for Tyson and brings up the Freebirds. He's ruined so many Legends of the Ring roundtable discussion with his constant "Well of course, when me and the freebirds did this..." hate the man.

Edit: Also, just to throw out a name. If he is as retired as he seems to be, HHH would do a great job in the role in my opinion.

• Paid Members

I've never liked Hayes. Hated the Freebirds, hated him in WWF as Doc Hendrix, hated him when he decided to go back to his old name and manage the Hardy's. Who cut his hair off during the plane ride from hell?

• Paid Members

It's a great idea. It's pretty ironic that there haven't been too many managers over the last few years when so many of the wrestlers on WWE TV either can't cut a decent promo (in my opinion) or just aren't particularly interesting to listen to, yet plenty of the guys under the guidance of Jimmy Hart, The Brain, Precious Paul or JoJo Dillon back in the glory days were emminently qualified to speak for themselves.

Plus I'd love to see matches ending with heels winning after interference / distraction from their manager, rather than just from the bloke the opponent is facing. I mean, if I were, say The Truth watching JoMo wrestling Ziggler, I wouldnt give too much of a shit whether he wins the match or not, so I certainly wouldn't bother (for example) holding his feet on a "suplex back into the ring" spot so Ziggler pins him. More likely I'd just run into the ring and twat him with a chair after the match when he doesn't see it coming.

As well as managers, I'd love to see some women in the valet role as long as they have some presence / can talk convincingly.

It's a great idea. Maybe this is Sunny's route back in?

Lord I hope so.

WANK.gifWANK.gifWANK.gifWANK.gifWANK.gif

Who cut his hair off during the plane ride from hell?

Waltman.

Edit: Also, just to throw out a name. If he is as retired as he seems to be, HHH would do a great job in the role in my opinion.

No chance. He'd overshadow any cunt useless enough to need a manager. That's the (in my opinion) inevitable problem with the plan in a nutshell -- you can stick managers on the likes of Tyson Kidd and DH Smith to try and make them more interesting, but wrestlers that can't do it for themselves aren't worth much in this day and age, so it won't be long before everyone gets bored of pushing them. Plus as said above, if the manager's any good, he'll just overshadow the bland div he's meant to be helping. Six months from now, is Kidd likely to be in any different position than he is now? I'd like to be wrong on that though, because having a decent manager-charge combo would be nice.

No chance. He'd overshadow any cunt useless enough to need a manager. That's the (in my opinion) inevitable problem with the plan in a nutshell -- you can stick managers on the likes of Tyson Kidd and DH Smith to try and make them more interesting, but wrestlers that can't do it for themselves aren't worth much in this day and age, so it won't be long before everyone gets bored of pushing them. Plus as said above, if the manager's any good, he'll just overshadow the bland div he's meant to be helping. Six months from now, is Kidd likely to be in any different position than he is now? I'd like to be wrong on that though, because having a decent manager-charge combo would be nice.

I would say that Orndorf, Perfect & Rude can talk better than most nowadays but Bobby Heenan added something to them even if Rick Rude did'nt think he needed a manager, he helped them win matches, so you can always put them with someone who can talk as well.

Batista & Orton seemed to grow in confidence just by hanging about with Flair & HHH. some of the managers charisma might rub off if it was done well.

Even big monsters like Earthquake or Brock Lesner benefited from having a mouthpiece, a true hype man, they could do the same for Big Zeke or someone like that.

• Paid Members
I would say that Orndorf, Perfect & Rude can talk better than most nowadays

Not nowadays, they can't. ;)

I would say that Orndorf, Perfect & Rude can talk better than most nowadays but Bobby Heenan added something to them even if Rick Rude did'nt think he needed a manager, he helped them win matches, so you can always put them with someone who can talk as well.

Batista & Orton seemed to grow in confidence just by hanging about with Flair & HHH. some of the managers charisma might rub off if it was done well.

Even big monsters like Earthquake or Brock Lesner benefited from having a mouthpiece, a true hype man, they could do the same for Big Zeke or someone like that.

Zeke's a good shout, I think. But I can't see it doing much for the likes of Tyson Kidd.

Zeke's a good shout, I think. But I can't see it doing much for the likes of Tyson Kidd.

Aye Tyson Kidd is really small, Micheal Hayes will dwarf him, if you were going to stick someone with him it would either be a valet that can talk like Cookie in TNA or some huge bodyguard like that Jackson Andrews guy they tried for like a week.

Archived