WWE bringing back managers?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting a manager doesnt have to be seen as a bad thing cos they can add a different aspect to a character,

I reckon Swagger should have debut with an agent (maybe Abe Washinton) pimpin up his amature wrestling etc and bidding between Raw, SD , ECW for who gets him like jerry maguire.

A manager can also keep a mystique about a wrestler especially a monster ie look at Mason Ryan if he was silent but had a manager talking him up he'd look all the more impressive.

as for Kidd/hayes it could be a good thing cos Kidd has talent just no gimmick to work with, and hayes being taller doesnt matter cos hes an ex wrestler himself not some fat old guy/

Not to open a can of worms but alot of coaches, managers etc in Boxing/mma are taller than the fighter but the fight is still the focal point and no-one questions there toughness.

I think managers are great for character development, throughout the 90's it was odd to see someone without a manager in the midcard and I think it helps to develop feuds and character, particularly for a heel.

Not sure that WWE will do it well though, we'll see.

Aren't they doing a Legend/Hall of Fame special NXT for the next season? I'd imagine it'll all be guys who can still wrestle a few matches and can talk, so that might be an experiment to see if the Legends will outshine the rookies. If they don't, then there's less chance of them overshadowing guys currently exposed on TV.

There's a vast amount of guys behind the scenes these days who can easily be a mouthpiece for wrestlers with little to no mic skills. Even going so far down as Jamie Noble.

Aren't they doing a Legend/Hall of Fame special NXT for the next season? I'd imagine it'll all be guys who can still wrestle a few matches and can talk, so that might be an experiment to see if the Legends will outshine the rookies. If they don't, then there's less chance of them overshadowing guys currently exposed on TV.

There's a vast amount of guys behind the scenes these days who can easily be a mouthpiece for wrestlers with little to no mic skills. Even going so far down as Jamie Noble.

I dont think so, wasn't it talked about for this season, but then it just became NXT Redemption, could be wrong though...

Archived