WWE bringing back managers?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you Richie, I remember hearing/reading that they wanted the Youth Movement to go right through the on screen talent including announcers, referees etc etc. Then they realized Grisham, Striker etc etc all bore people to death.

So have they ever indicated that they want only young / good looking people to regularly be the focus of TV or have I dreamed the whole thing?

I should imagine they'd prefer young and good looking people to be on TV, as most companies producing television shows would, especially ones based around people in their underwear fondling each other. But the "OMG Vince only likes models who don't respect OGS" stuff was the usual Internet hysteria, considering the Raw commentary team was Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler (neither of whom are young or gorgeous) for most of the last three years. Booker T, Mike Adamle and Scott Stanford are hardly fresh out of a Mister Teen USA contest, either.

• Paid Members
So have they ever indicated that they want only young / good looking people to regularly be the focus of TV or have I dreamed the whole thing?

I should imagine they'd prefer young and good looking people to be on TV, as most companies producing television shows would, especially ones based around people in their underwear fondling each other. But the "OMG Vince only likes models who don't respect OGS" stuff was the usual Internet hysteria, considering the Raw commentary team was Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler (neither of whom are young or gorgeous) for most of the last three years. Booker T, Mike Adamle and Scott Stanford are hardly fresh out of a Mister Teen USA contest, either.

Scott Stanford is. What a guy.

Scott Stanford should be Zack Ryders manager. Like the Regal / Bryan idea as well. It seems a sensible thing for them to do and something they really should have done a while ago. There's also the likes of HBK and Edge who could probably fill that role pretty well.

Just hope they don't go to the other extreme and suddenly have a manager for everyone!

I understand the worry that a manager might overshadow someone like Tyson Kidd but to be honest it's either take a risk, give him a mouthpiece and see what happens or just let him flounder on his own. One of them leaves him guaranteed to fail whilst the other gives him a chance of a push.

Hayes looks fucking awful these days by the way.

• Paid Members

Depends what you look at him as. He doesnt look like the Michael Hayes of 1985, but the scraggy old Master Splinter looking cunt is a great look for a manager I feel. I think he's melted Freebird is a look unto itself. I hope he brings back that daft walking stick he had in 1999.

Depends what you look at him as. He doesnt look like the Michael Hayes of 1985, but the scraggy old Master Splinter looking cunt is a great look for a manager I feel. I think he's melted Freebird is a look unto itself. I hope he brings back that daft walking stick he had in 1999.

I remember just being completely confused when Hayes started managing the Hardyz and being treated as a legend as I'd only ever known him as Dok Hendrix. I had a WWF best of 1995 video that he hosted which I watched over and over. He would introduce matches whilst getting constant phone calls from his nagging mum, and hung up on the wall behind him was this ridiculous portrait of him. I remember him absolutely raving over the Sid/Tatanka vs Diesel/Bam Bam match at In Your House.

If I knew how to convert the VHS to DVD and then somehow upload it onto Youtube you'd all be in for such a treat lads. You'd love it Ian.

• Paid Members
I remember just being completely confused when Hayes started managing the Hardyz and being treated as a legend as I'd only ever known him as Dok Hendrix. I had a WWF best of 1995 video that he hosted which I watched over and over. He would introduce matches whilst getting constant phone calls from his nagging mum, and hung up on the wall behind him was this ridiculous portrait of him. I remember him absolutely raving over the Sid/Tatanka vs Diesel/Bam Bam match at In Your House.

If I knew how to convert the VHS to DVD and then somehow upload it onto Youtube you'd all be in for such a treat lads. You'd love it Ian.

I was the same way. Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettingill were like the WWF's version of Ant and Dec when they presented the Action Zone. Hendrix was perhaps even more of a cheesy fucker than Todd Pettingill was. Although me and my mate still occassionally say "I'm Handsome Dok Hendrix and we'll get ya back to more Raw in just a second ..." because he had a habbit of popping up halfway through Raw to upset the flow of the show to give us one of his Slam Jam reports.

If Smackdown has anything like this on the show, it would highly improve it:

Archived