WWE RAW 9/5 discussion thread

Ron Simmons

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided last week that i would start reading spoilers instead of watching all the shows. Sadly this is the first Raw i've read the spoilers... not gonna download :(

Well guess i'll start watching again come Royal Rumble.

2009 - 2011 RIP me watching WWE.

I enjoyed RAW, personally. The opening segment was pretty good and confirmed two things, Del Rio looks and acts like a megastar and R-Truth is the best thing on any brand.

WHAT?!?

The opening segment was pretty good?!? R-Truth didn't seem to have any seem to have good timing or spacing like the part where he rushed up into Rey Mysterio's face.

The crowd were dead but to be honest they had reason to be. When R-Truth comes in and attacks Rey Mysterio, I immediately noticed someone leaning over the barricade on their phone looking bored probably texting about Miz vs. Cena at Over The Limit or how the show was a let down.

I like Alberto Del Rio but I don't even think that you could deduce from this Raw that he acts like a mega star.

When I have time, I'll come back and tell you why you are all wrong. But, for now, make do with the fact that I thought that was a very good, well paced episode of wrestling television as good as anything you can realistically expect from a non-special attraction episode of Raw in 2011.

R-Truth is incredible at the minute.

Also, it's harsh complaining about ADR/Mysterio feuding again this week, as they've clearly changed course and are going to go with Mysterio/Truth.

I thought the opening segment was absolutely awful untill R-Truth came down. The guy came out with some ridiculous shit but his delivery is fantastic at the moment. Even what should have been an awful backstage bit with him turned out well too.

No good matches for me. The triple threat was threatening to be good when it started but it broke down badly.

Dolph Ziggler just looks like yet another cookie cutter idiot that I have no reason to get into whatsoever. I'm afraid the usual "he's all aggressive now" thing doesn't work for me.

I loved the Cole/Lawler stuff through the show though.

R-Truth is incredible at the minute.

Incredible?!? Really?!? He didn't look incredible in that segment with Del Rio/Mysterio/Miz. The Rock was incredible, Stone Cold was incredible, Shawn Michaels was incredible, Ric Flair was incredible, I'd say Brock Lesnar could be incredible. Not R-Truth. That's way too high praise. He was looking much, much better than before on his first heel promo when he came out and played off of the crowd's 'what?' chants and it's interesting to see where he'll go but he's not incredible.

It wasn't particularly well paced either. I'll be interested to see your positive points about it. I know a crowd can make or break a show and that crowd were pretty shit but as someone else said, the three way was the sole good part about it. And that's the truth.

I really enjoyed the opening segment, with the exception of Rey Mysterio's "comedy", Cringe! Alberto Del Rio somewhat sounded more Mexican than usual last night. R - Truth was good, but should drop the fucking weird comedy shit he seems to do, just be serious! Drew McIntyre didn't appear either, he wrestled on Superstars against Chris Masters. I really do worry for Drew.

I really enjoyed the opening segment, with the exception of Rey Mysterio's "comedy", Cringe! Alberto Del Rio somewhat sounded more Mexican than usual last night. R - Truth was good, but should drop the fucking weird comedy shit he seems to do, just be serious! Drew McIntyre didn't appear either, he wrestled on Superstars against Chris Masters. I really do worry for Drew.

you know the result of that match

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

he lost

zack ryder beat kozlov though which is good curt hawkins was with zack too

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yeah, it was a bland show. Very paint by numbers and everything on there had basically happened before. WWE really shouldn't be as uninvolving as that. They need a fresh storyline to breathe some life into the product like they had with Nexus last year or else people will start to lose interest again.

On a positive note, Del Rio/Mysterio/Miz was a good main event but and R-Truth is funny in a so bad he's good way because he comes out with some of the most insane stuff I've ever heard.

• Paid Members
I enjoyed RAW, personally. The opening segment was pretty good and confirmed two things, Del Rio looks and acts like a megastar and R-Truth is the best thing on any brand.

WHAT?!?

The opening segment was pretty good?!? R-Truth didn't seem to have any seem to have good timing or spacing like the part where he rushed up into Rey Mysterio's face.

The crowd were dead but to be honest they had reason to be. When R-Truth comes in and attacks Rey Mysterio, I immediately noticed someone leaning over the barricade on their phone looking bored probably texting about Miz vs. Cena at Over The Limit or how the show was a let down.

I like Alberto Del Rio but I don't even think that you could deduce from this Raw that he acts like a mega star.

R-Truth was excellent. Like others have said, he made shit material work - he came across like a right nutter.

Also Del Rio stood out because he looks like a film star/Cristiano Ronaldo. Plus he has the charisma and believability to back it all up. Alberto Del Rio has everything.

The main event was very good. I hated the Cena vs Riley stuff, because it made the main event result too obvious, although there were one or two instances in the triple threat where I thought Del Rio had it. The entire Cena vs Miz feud has been underwhelming. It never really got going in the first place because of the stuff with The Rock, and they failed to ignite it after WrestleMania so it's just trundled along. It's a shame, as the two of them should be able to have a great rivalry. They did have one in 2009.

R-Truth was great, I don't know whether he's using a script or improvising but he makes it all work. Very eccentric material and delivery. I'm far more interested in Mysterio vs Truth than in another go-round of Mysterio vs Del Rio as well. Although it's hard to see where Alberto goes from here... A US title run with Kofi seems beneath him. Plus we've seen Del Rio vs Kofi several times this year already.

I liked the little Cena/Ryder bit. Fed up of Cole vs King. Cole's really good but it's high time he did something other than feud with Jerry Lawler. I'm not excited about Kharma's waddle-ins anymore, but I expect her story with Kelly Kelly is going to pick up sooner rather than later. Big Show and Kane vs Nexus is exactly the same as Big Show and Kane vs The Corre. Dolph Ziggler's back to doing the intense, serious, "no gimmick needed" shite that never worked for him on Smackdown, won't work for him on Raw, and is completely at odds with his appearance at the birthday party last week.

The Christian video was nicely done.

Archived