scambaiting

brutusbarber

Here is a great promo from my lad from Ghana doing a wrestling promo thinking he is going to get paid from it....

Wondered if there were any scambaiters on here? I have been doing it for a year and have picked up all kinds of Trophys and forms and phone calls with lads.

If you dont know what scambaiting is...

scam-baiting

Scam-baiting is the practice of eliciting attention from the perpetrator of a scam by feigning interest in whatever bogus deal is offered. The scam-baiter pretends to be duped, with the intention of making the perpetrators waste their own time and/or money, and exposing them to public ridicule if at all possible. Scam-baiters may involve the scammers in a long correspondence or encourage them to travel seeking a pay-off.

or check www.419eater.com for other peoples images and baits...

For this bait the lads are selling fake gold and hoping to get about $50,000 dollars out of my fake characters, the gold is a takeaway container painted with some sand.... a classic gold scam. Its a long story how i got to the video but i convinced them that one of the investors nephews was working on a wrestling DVD and wanted a promo from some fans abroad.

The promo he cuts is not bad huh?

memyworker.jpg

• Paid Members

419eater is pure gold... which I have acquired at great personal wrist from Hon. Charles M'Beki, Snr. VP of Waterboarding Ministries, of Kinchasa, and would need to deposit into your safetings despoting boxes to protect from gigantic Congolese Cash Grab Taxationings. Please give to me C$ 1,000, for securing safety of monetaric value, and I will send across all of the benefits.

Your friend and mine,

M'bongo M. Bongo, Snr. VP of D-Drinkit Indy Congo, Ltd.

• Paid Members
My proudest internet achievement. (possibly my greatest life achievement) was seeing a Nigerian scammer doing the old "selling you something that doesn't exist" scam on gumtree a couple of years ago, this one was particularly interesting as he was selling Yorkshire Terriers. I set up a G mail account under the name 'Man Meat Ltd' and took on the role of a Mr Ji-Sung Park. (you can probably see where this is going) I told him that I was interested in buying Yorkshire terrier meat from him, and also gave him a list of other rare meats that we were in short supply of (Mogwai, Ewok, Bantha and other fictional animals mainly). At first he was taken back at my proposal of him killing his pet dog and sending me the meat, but once I told him the prices we were prepared to pay (I was very generous) Unsurprisingly he was more than happy to tell me that they could get all of those things, and that the Yorkshire Terrier meat was ready to go.

logomph.jpg

Basically I dragged this on for weeks, back and forth, wasting as much of his time as possible by getting him to fill in shipping forms and quality of meat forms (all made up in MS Word by me). Eventually I told him that in order to do business we needed photo ID of any customer we dealt with, holding a secret password written on a sign for confirmation of ID. Although obviously hesitant to take a photo of himself, he tried to get around this, sending me fake photos he'd clearly ripped off of Google image search. I went back to him saying in a gesture of good faith I would send him a photo of myself, and photoshopped up a picture of two asian butchers with Man Meat on their aprons.

manmeatltd.jpg

It took me about 2 weeks of playing hardball after that, pretending to back out of the deal, ignoring him for a few days and telling him we had other companies we could buy from. A few days later I got my photo though, a photo of my own little nigerian scammer holding up a sign that said

"I sell Yorkshire Terrier meat to Ji Sung Park"

puppymeat.jpg

I have not felt pride like it since. After that I told him I had to back of the deal because I had signed for Manchester United (complete with attaching a photo of Ji Sung Park shaking hands with Sir Alex Ferguson) He was not pleased I had wasted months of his time. He called me some bad words :(

• Paid Members

Yeh, aside from the one posted above I used to do it quite a bit (usually not as successfully as that one though). If anyone wants a go, I'd advise reading some tips on 419eater.com first, obviously only use a gmail account with no real names (duh), a good place to start is Gumtree. There's always tonnes of scammers trying to rent out places that don't exist with the idea being they get you to pay a deposit before viewing the house. It's certainly a lot of fun, and any of their time that you waste is potentially one less person that gets caught out by these cunts.

As a guy who works with Western Union, and has to try and prevent people thinking they've won the lottery, got a loan, a dog or some uncle has died in a plane crash and they are getting hundreds of millions of pounds every day, I salute you all!

• Paid Members
As a guy who works with Western Union, and has to try and prevent people thinking they've won the lottery, got a loan, a dog or some uncle has died in a plane crash and they are getting hundreds of millions of pounds every day, I salute you all!

Stories please :-)

Archived