How should you wear a title belt...?!

d-d-d-dAz

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, so, recently I've been annoyed by John Cena.

He was supposedly delighted that he'd won the WWE title, his WWE title, yet he came out on Raw dragging it behind him like it was a worthless, inconvenient piece of tin. I hate it when wrestlers drag belts about, belts they near killed themselves to get hold of. I even hated it when Austin did it, if you want to be a non-conformist then the shoulder will do fine. Don't push it.

My personal preference is for the good ol'fashioned round-the-waist set up. But, I do like the ceremonial plate (see;

)

This isn't bad either;

titles.jpg

Round the waist when coming for a match or over the shoulder when you are just in a promo or whatever. or when John Morrison/Johnny Nitro was IC Champ his way was quite cool.

Yeah Cena sortof annoys me the way he carries it, only a minor issue obviously!

Wrestlers Sports-Entertainers Superstars aren't allowed to wear belts around their waists in the WWE anymore, are they? I guess over the shoulder is the next best thing.

Wrestlers Sports-Entertainers Superstars aren't allowed to wear belts around their waists in the WWE anymore, are they? I guess over the shoulder is the next best thing.

Yeah they are, Sheamus did, Wade Barrett does and Christian did on Smackdown... :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Wrestlers Sports-Entertainers Superstars aren't allowed to wear belts around their waists in the WWE anymore, are they?

They are not allowed belts at all. Only Championships.

I think it depends on who the wrestler is.. For example.. Foley wouldnt have looked right with the belt around his waist. MNM wearing the belts as they did fitted with their characters also. Then theres the situation to consider also, Triple H having the belt over his shoulder while in street gear cutting a promo seems more natural than wearing it around his waste, but wearing it around his waste while coming to a match is more fitting and also works for his entrance..

I think it depends on who the wrestler is.. For example.. Foley wouldnt have looked right with the belt around his waist. MNM wearing the belts as they did fitted with their characters also. Then theres the situation to consider also, Triple H having the belt over his shoulder while in street gear cutting a promo seems more natural than wearing it around his waste, but wearing it around his waste while coming to a match is more fitting and also works for his entrance..

Yeah this pretty much sums it up, although I did vote for around the waist, mainly due to how cool the WWF belt looked around the waist of Diesel and Bret Hart when I was a kid

• Paid Members

Considering I've got more respect for a wasps fart, than I have for vinny macs random outbursts about belts/titles wrestling/entertainment cack, I believe a champion in any fed should wear the belt/title/strap/championship around their waists, the ref (or manager) should remove the belt and replace the belt after the match.

In some cases, rare cases, such as yoko being a big lad, or a crazy gimmick, there could be exceptions to the rule.

The reason for this anal rant is purely down to me wanting to see a champion respect the prize he/she has desired and fought for.

It does look shit if someone doesn't respect their prize, you would never see a gold medalist hang his medal out of his pants, or a football team throw their trophy off the team bus under it's wheels.

It depends on the character really. I've always the round the waist approach always suited the clean cut faces upholding wrestling as a sport etc. and having it around the shoulder is a very rebellious edgy way of doing it, a la the Attitude Era.

Personal preference though is probably for around the waist. Seems to add an of authenticity to it.

Archived