Jeff Jarrett

Loki

You know, one of the most consistently excellent about TNA over the years has been Jeff Jarrett. He was THE man in the first few years, and that inevitably meant he was overexposed and overused, but since other name stars such as Angle have come in, he's been brilliant as an occasional main eventer / veteran position wrestler.

Obviously, he's had a good career but if WWE had taken him back when WCW folded, do you think he would have become one of their big stars?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, one of the most consistently excellent about TNA over the years has been Jeff Jarrett. He was THE man in the first few years, and that inevitably meant he was overexposed and overused, but since other name stars such as Angle have come in, he's been brilliant as an occasional main eventer / veteran position wrestler.

Obviously, he's had a good career but if WWE had taken him back when WCW folded, do you think he would have become one of their big stars?

No, as Vince never forgave him for holding up for more money before jobbing to Chyna.

• Paid Members

No, he was never good enough. He was entertaining for a bit before Karen Angle showed up but even then, he wasn't exactly screaming main eventer. He's a good all-rounder, always has been, but lacks main event charisma. Well he did, back when main eventers had charisma, he might fit right in now.

• Paid Members

I don't think he would have, as Zenk mentioned he wasn't exactly well liked at that point. I personally have always hated him, through both his WWF runs and especially during the early days of TNA where I thought he stuck out like a sore thumb amongst some exciting new talent (at least new to me). Just a guy I've never 'got'.

• Paid Members

I remember somebody on here describing him as the perfect midcarder, I agree. He's always been solid at everything but lacks that little extra to make him 'main event'.

Any main event run he's had as THE man has been a bit shit and has never translated to money. The current upper midcard role he holds in TNA/Impact Wrestling is his perfect slot.

He's much better than solid. When he popped back up earlier in the year as a face, he had the Impact crowd eating out of his hand, a rare genuine reaction from a usually apathetic audience. But he's also a fantastic heel, as evidenced by this long-running feud with Angle. He's not afraid to play a chicken-shit heel.

I think he's great. He's believable, a good promo and he has excellent timing. He knows what to do, when to do it and how to do it well. He's similar to Mark Henry in that respect. I know a lot of people on here hate that kind of wrestling but I prefer it to spotfests. A wrestling match should tell a story and Jarrett definitely puts that across in his matches. Bryan Alvarez remarked a while ago that if he could work against one guy every night for the rest of his life it'd be Jarrett because his style is so safe but his matches are still very interesting.

Bryan Alvarez remarked a while ago that if he could work against one guy every night for the rest of his life it'd be Jarrett because his style is so safe but his matches are still very interesting.

I recall this, but then, he nearly killed Angle at Lockdown with that awful top rope powerbomb.

Archived