Wrestlers you wanted to do well, but didn't

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

Based on the "wrestlers you wished were good" topic I decided to create this. Which wrestlers did you want to do well, but for some reason or other, despite having the talent, they just didn't achieve what you hoped they would.

For me, it'd have to be "The" Brian Kendrick.

Ever since his 5 minute challenge match with Kurt Angle I've been a big fan of the guy, and I was really optimistic when he debuted with Big 'Zeke as "The" Brian Kendrick. I loved his character, and aside from his awesome theme music the skits he appeared in were

Despite a run of big victories - including one over Jeff Hardy - and an appearance in the WWE Scramble Championship match he never achieved his full potential. They seemed to show an absolute willingness to push him, but he screwed things up for himself by refusing to get off the weed, which is a real shame. His character had bags of potential.

Over to you, who did you want to do well, but didn't?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Kendrick's main problem was that he looked ridiculous against most everyone in the WWE. You can maybe get away with being short or skinny or pale but rarely all three.

I should probably wait till after ER, but i've (like a lot of people, granted) always thought Christian was primed for a crack at the top tier.

And, again, I might be jumping the gun but I would have hoped Daniel Bryan would have got a better crack at the whip. Oh, and I wish Regal would have managed to converge on a place where both the bookers wanted to give him a crack and he could stay pill free.

I thought Kendrick always looked ridiculous wrestling as a baddie. It was too absurd when he'd be doing submission moves on adult-sized wrestlers.

Carlito gets the nod for me on this. Another one that seemed to fuck himself over in the eyes of management, like Kendrick. I hope Kofi doesn't go the same way.

• Paid Members

I wanted Power & Glory to be Tag Team Champions because I was a giant mark for Slick, and for the Powerplex.

I loved Blitzkrieg and wanted the Cruiserweight title to be put on him at the culmination of the Kidman/Rey feud, especially since Misterio & Kidman were moving into their three way tag feud at the time. But his time in WcW was painfully brief.

Rey Jr v Blitzkrieg

I also wanted big things for Thunder & Lightening to achieve big things in WcW because I like their "irish whip into top rope clothesline" finish. That was in my previous life as a window-licker. :crazy:

Thankfully Lightening went on to bigger and better things as Sting, obviously.

Carlito gets the nod for me on this. Another one that seemed to fuck himself over in the eyes of management, like Kendrick. I hope Kofi doesn't go the same way.

Is he also doing something he shouldn't?

He is Jamaican after all.

Until a journalist/troll asked him his opinion on the West Indies cricket team. :laugh:

Is he also doing something he shouldn't?

Failing to improve, I suppose. It looked like he was set for bigger things back at the end of 2009, but he's still basically in the same position he was in three years ago.

• Paid Members
I might be the only one, but I thought Just Joe had legs.

You're not the only one. He definitely had legs. Perhaps you are getting him confused with Zack Gowen?

I'll get me coat.

Evan Bourne. They gave him like a one week run with John Cena, and I really thought he would become this generation's Rey Mysterio. How he hasn't at least held the IC/US title is beyond me, and he deserves better than getting destroyed by Sheamus half the time. Pretty sure they've never given him a microphone as well.

Seconded on Bourne. WWE booking is something to behold - they need to work out that they should give people decent pushes and then give up on them if they fail. The only two to get continuous pushes were Sheamus and MacIntyre - admitably neither were ready for their roles but at least they got a chance.

Kofi (remember his MSG brawl with Orton), Bourne, Bryan etc get this stupid parity booking/punishment bollocks which means there's no-one in the mid card you can get behind.

I agree with the Bourne shout as well. It was stupid the way they had him feuding with Nexus and then just dropped him for the Summerslam match. I see Sin Cara botching all these moves and think Bourne could probably do all those moves without botching them so why arent they pushing him more? I hope he gets drafted to Smackdown and they give him a good push but I dont see it happening TBH.

Archived