exeter wwf

wwffan2

i found one of my old wrestling magazines the other day from 1993 and mention wwf came to exeter once and had a show at westpoint didsu anyone go to this show if so does anyone know what the results were and if anyone went on here.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't go but did a bit of digging and found this partial result from historyofwwe.com

I didn't go but did a bit of digging and found this partial result from historyofwwe.com

@ Exeter, England - WestPoint Exhibition Centre - April 10, 1993

Yokozuna defeated Jim Duggan

Edit: beaten to the post!

• Paid Members

The line-up will have been something along these lines (there were two crews touring the UK then):

Typhoon defeated Damien Demento

Kamala defeated Kimchee

Doink the Clown defeated Crush via count-out

Mr. Perfect defeated Lex Luger

The Nasty Boys fought the Headshrinkers to a double disqualification

WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Bob Backlund

The venue website claims a capacity of 6,000 for seating in the round, so it certainly would have been a viable venue given the popularity then. The same tour was doing places like Whitley Bay Ice Rink and the Brighton Centre.

The line-up will have been something along these lines (there were two crews touring the UK then):

Kamala defeated Kimchee

The venue website claims a capacity of 6,000 for seating in the round, so it certainly would have been a viable venue given the popularity then. The same tour was doing places like Whitley Bay Ice Rink and the Brighton Centre.

thanks for that cant believe wwf was in exeter with those stars.

WWF/WWE has run Hull Ice Arena several times, as recently as 2005 with stars like HHH, Batista, Flair, Kane, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Jericho etc. and it holds about 3000 max. with a ceiling so low that some wrestlers hands touched the ceiling when they raised their arms when standing on the middle turnbuckle.

Venue's so small they had to have their merchandise stall outside the building too.

I reckon the WWE could pack a few seats out at the Bournemouth International Centre. :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bournemouth_I...national_Centre

Saw a WWF show there in 1993!

Yokozuna v Undertaker, IRS v Razor Ramon and Macho Man v Shawn Michaels were the main bouts if I remember rightly.

Then they should go back. Forget about the fucking Butlins shows and do a tour of the south coast instead.

Kamala defeated Kimchee

Brighton Centre must have been the other crew then, because in 1993, we got matches like Undertaker v Giant Gonzalez, Bret Hart v Bam Bam Bigelow and with a bit of luck, at least one match where both participants are still alive today :/

Archived