More change is on the way for WWE. And its not coming cheap

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
At the risk of sounding like a complete mug, what's debt financing/leveraging?

I was wondering the same thing. This sounds like something that could seriously risk WWE's future and I honestly don't think that's a risk he should take. I've actually been looking forward to the day Triple H and Stephanie take over because I have a strong feeling that Triple H would look to put the missing W back!

"he think's he's learned" christ, can we list Vince's branching out failures please.

WBF

XFL

the music labels

the production company that made No Holds Barred

what else is there?

Thats an expensive list even without mentioning WWE studios.

Speaking of which why haven't they produced a Rock/Austin buddy movie something like Tango & Cash

Surely the only thing the E really needs is it's own TV channel and maybe some spin off promotions in othe countries WWE:UK WWE:MEXICO etc etc

• Moderators

Vince is old. He's cheated heart attacks for yonks. It seems like his version of giving it all to the dogs home. Fair play to him. He built it, and it's within his rights to fuck it off down the bottom of a glass. It's what he's always probably wanted, and he's been involved in Wrestling visibly since Ray Morgan stepped down from commentary on tv, and it was his dad's anyway. He deserves to do whatever the fuck he wants now. And only a fucking idiot would say otherwise. He's put his time in, made his money, put wrestling in the mainstream twice. He's done well.

• Paid Members

I was wondering the same thing. This sounds like something that could seriously risk WWE's future and I honestly don't think that's a risk he should take. I've actually been looking forward to the day Triple H and Stephanie take over because I have a strong feeling that Triple H would look to put the missing W back!

Basically, rather than making one investment of

Wrestling is what the wwe does best so why are they trying to change that. the XFL flopped and have you seen the wwe movies there midday channel 5 material , shocking. Just stick to what they do best i say.

Here here mate, and to be honest if the rumors are true about the new wwe logo, Im all up for it..the scratched attitude logo is abit outdated now with the p-g era but I guess we'll have to see and the one thing Im hoping HHH does the day he takes over is get rid of that stupid concussion policy that he and 'Taker got fined over

Wrestling is what the wwe does best so why are they trying to change that. the XFL flopped and have you seen the wwe movies there midday channel 5 material , shocking. Just stick to what they do best i say.

I agree, as much as Id pick WWE over TNA anyday, I gotta admit after Edge announcing his retirement, HBK has gone, HHH will probably do one more Mania match with Taker and thats it with him wrestling wise, and even 'Taker is on his way out judging by Mania 27 this year..WWE is definately starting to become a dying breed in my opinion.

• Paid Members
Why is he doing this?

Probably because he thinks the wrestling industry is currently as popular and profitable as it's ever going to get. Realistically, I think that's true. I don't ever see another wrestling boom like the late 90's, the world is completely different. There are so many other choices for people to make and a massive "real" competitor too.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who said that this move is driven partly or mostly by Vince mcMahon's snobishness towards pro-wrestling but I do think there is a solid business reason too and that going forward WWE should diverify if they want to grow profits.

You've got to respect Vince McMahon for being willing to fail time and again. It's a fine quality.

• Paid Members
Vince is old. He's cheated heart attacks for yonks. It seems like his version of giving it all to the dogs home. Fair play to him. He built it, and it's within his rights to fuck it off down the bottom of a glass. It's what he's always probably wanted, and he's been involved in Wrestling visibly since Ray Morgan stepped down from commentary on tv, and it was his dad's anyway. He deserves to do whatever the fuck he wants now. And only a fucking idiot would say otherwise. He's put his time in, made his money, put wrestling in the mainstream twice. He's done well.

What Butch said.

How old's Vince now? He obviously wants to distance himself as much as possible from the product he inherited from his dad & put his own stamp on it & leave his own legacy, not just a good guy wrestling a bad guy for a championship. You've got to think that even if there was ever a time when TNA looked to pose a threat (moving to Spike on Mondays w/ Hogan) they never really have so Vinnie's got the market cornered, he can do whatever he wants & for the most part people will still keep watching (the product he's putting out now is dreadful yet plenty of people on here, who should know better will still defend it).

As a casual/former WWE fan I'd love to see Vince completely turn WWE on it's head and change it dramatically, if not only for the entertainment on here & for the car crash spectacle it'd be

Archived