*SMACKDOWN SPOILERS*

iamtheman

* Alberto Del Rio comes out and says tonight is about Edge. Del Rio says it is his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship but not this way. He says Edge should just come out and present him with the belt. Teddy Long comes out and says it won't be going down like that. Long informs Del Rio he'll still fight in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules for the belt but a new number one contender will be determined in a 20-man over-the-top battle royal later tonight.

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Kofi Kingston w/The Corre on commentary. After the match, Jackson gets on the mic and says he is the personification of domination and after the battle royal he will be the number one contender and everyone will know including The Corre.

* LayCool are shown talking to a therapist about being a team but Michelle McCool doesn't like it.

* Cody Rhodes comes out and says beating Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania isn't enough. He says he is going to win the battle royal tonight and win the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules. Winning the title will be the only gratification for his disfigurement and he will not stop until he disfigures Mysterio's face and gets vindication. Mysterio hits the ring and gives him a 619.

* WWE airs the Awesome Kong vignette.

* Rey Mysterio b. Drew McIntyre after hitting the 619.

* Backstage, Edge is getting an ovation from the Smackdown locker room. Edge and Kane shake hands.

* Edge comes out and gives a recap of his career. He says he is going to miss all of it. "Thank you" chants fill the arena. Edge says he wants to do his intro one more time. He's pumped now and talking about how great the WWE doctors are and says he's taking his girl and going surfing. Edge is happy he got to say goodbye in Albany because it's the place where he won his first championship. In fact it was in a cab in Albany where Edge came up with the nickname Edge. He introduces his mother who is sitting in the front row and thanks her for all her support. To him his title has meant everything to him but the belt is not his. Edge says every fan holds a piece of it as he relinquishes the belt. Edge says it's been a heck of a ride concluding another emotional shoot of a speech.

* Backstage, Alberto Del Rio interrupts Edge. Del Rio extends his hand but Edge stares him down. Del Rio smiles as Edge walks away.

* Kelly Kelly vs. Layla. Layla tries to do their entrance but Michelle McCool goes straight to the ring. Kelly wins via roll-up. McCool comes in the ring and shoves Layla across the ring and leaves.

* They air a video package of WWE superstars commenting on The Undertaker vs. Triple H from Wrestlemania.

* 20-Man Battle Royal to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules. Participants include Big Show, Chris Masters, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Barreta, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Christian, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, Brodus Clay and Kane. Justin Gabriel is eliminated by Barrett. Final four are Christian, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio. Mysterio eliminates Gabriel then sets Swagger up for the 619. Michael Cole interferes and takes the 619 for Swagger. Swagger eliminates Mysterio. Christian eliminates Swagger to win the match. After the match, Edge comes out and celebrates with him. Edge and Christian pose in the ring as the entire locker room clears out to applaud them on the ramp.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

At least they made it look like he earned it, sort of. for the most part christian vs del rio makes the most sense, and i actually liked the matches they've had over the past few weeks.

I'd like to think christian may get a run with the belt Championship, at least for a month or so.

I'd like to think christian may get a run with the belt Championship, at least for a month or so.

I think i'd like to see them put the belt on ADR, Christian would make a good "chaser" of the belt over the next couple of PPV's i reckon.

Only problem is, who does ADR fued with after Christian?

* 20-Man Battle Royal to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules. Participants include Big Show, Chris Masters, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Barreta, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Christian, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, Brodus Clay and Kane. Justin Gabriel is eliminated by Barrett. Final four are Christian, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio. Mysterio eliminates Gabriel then sets Swagger up for the 619. Michael Cole interferes and takes the 619 for Swagger. Swagger eliminates Mysterio. Christian eliminates Swagger to win the match. After the match, Edge comes out and celebrates with him. Edge and Christian pose in the ring as the entire locker room clears out to applaud them on the ramp.

?

Mysterio elimates Barrett perhaps? The Corre implosion is imminent I reckon.

Glad to see Smackdown gave him an awesome send off. Its my usual occurrence to read the SD! Spoilers on wed morning, I actually forgot that I intended to not read them! Oh well. Sounds awesome for Edge.

Be interesting to see the results from the SD European house shows to see if it indicates the direction.

I'd guess it might be Rey and Christian vs ADR and Rhodes, but find out soon enough.

• Paid Members

I think i'd like to see them put the belt on ADR, Christian would make a good "chaser" of the belt over the next couple of PPV's i reckon.

The other problem is we've all seen enough of ADR vs. Christian to last a lifetime.

The other problem is we've all seen enough of ADR vs. Christian to last a lifetime.

Really? I don't think they've had more than 5 matches? And they have been pretty decent. The two have really good chemistry as well. Its hardly Swagger - Kofi levels. Plus people actually care about Del Rio and Christian!

• Paid Members

Each to their own, but these are two chaps that I don't mind having a few more matches together. I'm not a fan of the likes of Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger/Dolph Ziggler and the like fighting each other seemingly constantly on the show, but Del Rio in particular is so good to watch in the ring I don't care how many times he's faced the opponent in question. Plus, the next match being a ladder match should make a for a brilliant contest between the two. Regardless of what happens though, I definately think Smackdown needs a headliner from Raw to come over and fill the void left by Edge.

• Moderators
The show opened with Alberto Del Rio coming to the ring. He's got a new car. He said that since Edge is injured and has to retire, he said as the top contender, he should get the belt. Teddy Long came out and said Del Rio would not be handed the title. He said Del Rio as top contender will be in a title match at Extreme Rules on 5/1, facing the winner of a Battle Royal. Del Rio is also now taking credit for ending Edge's career.

Ezekiel Jackson b Kofi Kingston quickly

LayCool therapy session. They ended up bickering back and forth about nothing.

Cody Rhodes did an interview, vowing to disfigure Rey Mysterio as badly as Rey Mysterio disfigured him. Mysterio came in and chased Rhodes out

Mysterio b Drew McIntyre after a 619 and spalsh

Another Edge farewell interview. He said he wanted to do his entrance one more time so he ran to the back and came out again. Edge said he's happy the doctors caught what he had before he injured himself. He said he's happy to be in Albany, noting this was where he won his first world title when he casehd in the Money in the Bank match. He pointed out his mother at ringside and the fans chanted for his mother. He then put the World title belt in the ring and walked off, hugging his mom when he got to ringside.

Edge and Kane shook hands backstage to give closure. Good to see Kane forgave him for murdering his Dad. I guess he should have since his Dad showed up among the living at Fan Axxess.

Kelly Kelly b Layla when McCool and Layla screwed up again. They argued after and McCool shoved Layla down.

Battle Royal saw Justin Gabriel threw out Wade Barrett so that will further the Corre dissension. Mysterio reversed a power bomb and sent Gabriel out. Mysterio went for a 619 on Swagger but Michael Cole, trying to placate Swagger, protected Swagger and took the 619 himself. Swagger threw out Mysterio. Swagger did the charge at Christian, who ducked and Swagger went over, so Christian won.

Edge and Christian celebrated the win together.

After the show ended, all the Smackdown wrestlers and HHH came out to pay respects to Edge who did one last farewell interview.

And it gets meatier...

The reason Dustin Runnels was shown backstage during the Edge leaving segment is because he

Decent Smackdown. Largely because of Edge. Lovely video package and his speech was great, he will be sorely missed. Hope he's at Liverpool on Monday. His mom's very nice for her age as well, gorgeous eyes.

The battle royal was good, made a change from the weekly Smackdown main event of Christian vs Del Rio. Even if it did just set up another Christian vs Del Rio match. I don't mind the ladder match so much, because of the ladder gimmick and the extra aura that Edge's retirement has given the whole thing.

I enjoyed all the stuff to do with The Corre this week. I don't think they should be disbanded, but it's nice to see a bit more personality from each of them. I'm intrigued to see what they get up to next week.

I'm quite into the Lay-Cool split storyline as well.

Mysterio vs McIntyre was the usual Smackdown shite. Cody's speech beforehand was decent enough, and I liked Cole taking the 619 bullet for Swagger in the battle royal.

The show opened with Alberto Del Rio coming to the ring. He's got a new car. He said that since Edge is injured and has to retire, he said as the top contender, he should get the belt. Teddy Long came out and said Del Rio would not be handed the title. He said Del Rio as top contender will be in a title match at Extreme Rules on 5/1, facing the winner of a Battle Royal. Del Rio is also now taking credit for ending Edge's career.

Ezekiel Jackson b Kofi Kingston quickly

LayCool therapy session. They ended up bickering back and forth about nothing.

Cody Rhodes did an interview, vowing to disfigure Rey Mysterio as badly as Rey Mysterio disfigured him. Mysterio came in and chased Rhodes out

Mysterio b Drew McIntyre after a 619 and spalsh

Another Edge farewell interview. He said he wanted to do his entrance one more time so he ran to the back and came out again. Edge said he's happy the doctors caught what he had before he injured himself. He said he's happy to be in Albany, noting this was where he won his first world title when he casehd in the Money in the Bank match. He pointed out his mother at ringside and the fans chanted for his mother. He then put the World title belt in the ring and walked off, hugging his mom when he got to ringside.

Edge and Kane shook hands backstage to give closure. Good to see Kane forgave him for murdering his Dad. I guess he should have since his Dad showed up among the living at Fan Axxess.

Kelly Kelly b Layla when McCool and Layla screwed up again. They argued after and McCool shoved Layla down.

Battle Royal saw Justin Gabriel threw out Wade Barrett so that will further the Corre dissension. Mysterio reversed a power bomb and sent Gabriel out. Mysterio went for a 619 on Swagger but Michael Cole, trying to placate Swagger, protected Swagger and took the 619 himself. Swagger threw out Mysterio. Swagger did the charge at Christian, who ducked and Swagger went over, so Christian won.

Edge and Christian celebrated the win together.

After the show ended, all the Smackdown wrestlers and HHH came out to pay respects to Edge who did one last farewell interview.

And it gets meatier...

The reason Dustin Runnels was shown backstage during the Edge leaving segment is because he

• Paid Members
I think DeMott could do with one last heel run. People buy him as a fearsome heel on Tough Enough and WWE should capatalise on that. Would be good promotion for each show he's on.

So fearsome that his teeth could fall out and most of the contestants took bodyslams from him only to get up and refuse to budge during the staredowns in the second episode. Also, any fear of the man instantly goes out of the window the moment he speaks.

Archived