*SMACKDOWN SPOILERS*

iamtheman

• Paid Members
Quick thought re Edge but couldnt he have put his best mate over for the belt before he retired? If it was a sudden thing then fine but surely if he has been capable of wrestling for months since his last ijury surely he can afford one more match, even a 15 minute match on SmackDown! to go out ona high and give his mate the ultimate thank you?

Yeah.... but he's been wrestling all those months not knowing that one mistimed hiptoss could cripple him.

Unless you're thinking of a Hogan/Nash fingerpoke of doom, no way he'd put anyone over after the prognosis.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoping Del Rio climbs the mountain and acheives his destiny. The guy could be a star but now may need to be rebuilt after his burial at Mania (really struggling to see why they bothered doing that now)

I'd hardly call it a burial. I really enjoyed that match and saw it as a incredibly competitive contest for a top line championship. I can't see how del rio came out of it looking THAT bad.

The usual love hate with Smackdown for me. Alberto Del Rio continues being the best thing on the show. Showing respect to Edge and then turning into a bastard later on was great.

Edge send off was very emotional and a fine way to send the man off.

Battle Royal was good, can't beat a good Battle Royal. However I hope Swagger and Christian don't have a programme soon, they didn't seem to work well together. I'm not normally good at seeing them call spots, but I saw Christian a bunch of times talking to Swagger!

Also Kofi Kingston continues to keep old school wrestling alive with his colourful ring gear, makes a change from all the fucking black.

they should have edge drop the title at mania just seems stupid have him not lose it but having to vacate it.

the tests were done after mania so cant be helped i had a feeling ADR would beat Edge at ER with Christians help starting the much wanted Edge vs Christian feud but sadly he had to quit for the sake of his health

the tests were done after mania so cant be helped i had a feeling ADR would beat Edge at ER with Christians help starting the much wanted Edge vs Christian feud but sadly he had to quit for the sake of his health

its such a big loss i dont know why they dont keep him as a commisoner maybe he could become the mystery raw gm

• Paid Members
However I hope Swagger and Christian don't have a programme soon, they didn't seem to work well together
they had numerous matches for the ecw title. Most of which were really good

• Paid Members
I just think they may cave in and give Christian his moment in the son

Christian + paedophile gimmick = ratings

With his catchphrase to the kids being 'at last, you're on your own.'

He'd have to re-name his finisher back to "The Impaler".

EDIT: I reckon all of these matches Del Rio's having with Christian are a red herring, to be honest. Looking back at Christian's history, I think it's going to emerge that Christian is really Alberto Del Rio's brother, Edmundo Del Rio, as the singer reveals at 0:54 of this:

• Awards Moderator

Apologies if this is posted in amongst the thread (don't think it is), but here is a fan video of Edge's post-show speech preceded by the rest of the roster coming out to say ta-ra. He's genuinely in bits at the start of it. It's a nice little moment.

Edit: apart from the bits with the dickhead in the crowd shouting bollocks.

I wouldn't, because Christian is a horrible mid-card schmuck. No point having him clown around with the title for a few weeks.

I'd rather they used the residue nostalgia to put Del Rio over as a horrible bastard who crushed his opponent's planned tribute for his best friend. Del Rio's been good this year but he needs something like that on his CV to take him to the next level.

I like this. Have him taunt Edge that there is nothing he can do about it... Edge may have won the battles, but that retirement speech on Raw says Del Rio won the war, have Del Rio rub that in, then have Christian chase after Del Rio for a bit looking for revenge for his mate who is in no shape to do it himself.

Del Rio gets booed out of the building. Edge has a good excuse to stay on TV and Christian gets the sentinental pop.

Archived