Time Travel

Steve Justice

So hypothetically, you have the chance to travel to any destination at any point in time in the past. You can only do this once and you have the choice of a return journey if you wish. You cannot take anything with you, nor can you bring anything back should you return.

Where would you go?

Would you return, if so then how long would you stay for?

And why?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering you've gone back in time, anything you do can change the course of history. Even swatting a fly. Chaos theory~

Yes, history can be changed. You are aloud to do anything you please.

The choices are endless really. It could be something personal to you like spending time with a member of your family who has died or even meeting family you never got the chance to meet. Or it could be experiencing moments of our history like WWII or medievil times. Maybe even find out what really happened at Roswell, or even witness the birth of Christ. Walk amongst the dinosaurs. So many possibilities.

i would go back to december 2005 and stop myself making the biggest mistake of my life by getting into an altercation with a female colleague for which we were both fired for 2 weeks after it happened. i might have ended up staying there till it closed 2 years later

failing that i would go back to the summer of 2001 and leave school to do my a levels in college, thus doing well and going to uni earlier than i did. i might now be in a flashy job rather than struggling to find work

• Paid Members
Considering you've gone back in time, anything you do can change the course of history. Even swatting a fly. Chaos theory~

Yes, history can be changed. You are aloud to do anything you please.

The choices are endless really. It could be something personal to you like spending time with a member of your family who has died or even meeting family you never got the chance to meet. Or it could be experiencing moments of our history like WWII or medievil times. Maybe even find out what really happened at Roswell, or even witness the birth of Christ. Walk amongst the dinosaurs. So many possibilities.

I'd look to make the most of my time. As amazing as it would be to walk with dinosaurs, or watch live on TV as man first walked on the moon, or even uncover mysteries of our past...

I'd go back to Friday, go to the bookies and put pretty much all my money on a lengthy accumulator, predicting about as many footballing results from the weekend that I could remember. I'd then stay there, living the next few days again and putting another bet on the games last night and tonight. I'd then live my life as a rich, rich man.

• Paid Members

Sensible answer would be to go tell my 16 year old self to ignore all the advice given to me by the careers advisory service, and go the A-Level -> University route I planned, instead of believing they had my best interests at heart when they said that A-Levels were being phased out in favour of GNVQs. Cunts.

I could tell myself to go get my knees X-rayed too, thus avoiding all the trouble they'd cause in later life.

Otherwise I'd probably go enjoy the sixties.

A week last Tuesday.

Loving the Red Dwarf love on here.

"Don't you remember I did all the laundry, and then we watched TV"

In all seriousness, I would of gone back and chose NOT to go to Huddersfield University and do a Multimedia degree, I would done something else worth while at a different University

Though there is also the theory that time has a way to correct itself, that you wouldn't really change the course of history dramatically.

I would do what someone on here suggested and pop back to a week ago, put a load of bets on and be very rich

I'd go back in time and befriend Matt Zuckenburg. Either we stay friends and I sponge off his ass for the rest of my life or I claim I helped invent Facebook and get a few million of my own. Win/Win. Money can't buy you happiness? Bollocks.

Or I just invent Facebook...but that's far too much hard work.

Archived