Time Travel

Steve Justice

I'd go back to the early 90's when this god awful town i live in was absolutely buzzing, mainly to do with The Rovers securing top flight status for the first time in 26 years, Jack Walker and his millions, although i was a little young at the time my older mates tell me the nightlife was fantastic aswell, and it still was when i first started venturing to pubs/clubs around 1996 or so.

Fast forward to 2011, and the nightlife in Blackburn is non-exsistant, one crappy nightclub, no good restaurants to dine in, many bars shut or full of chavs/old drunks. In other words, if its a Friday or Saturday night, avoid Blackburn town centre like the plague. For a decent quiet night/meal go into Darwen, or for a full on session go to Preston/Burnley (that pains me to say!). It's a shame as believe it or not people used to come from all over for a night out in Blackburn.

I'd just started high school in 1992, if i could relive it i would like to be a few years older, maybe 17/18 or so.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ive always had the random idea, if you take a mondern film with bomb loads of special effects (Tranformers for example) and show it to a crowd of cinema go-ers back in the 1920's. Maybe even edit a little bit (make it black and white, clip it down a bit) and just see the reaction.

Bar that i'd love to go back and meet older relatives, or relatives that passed away whilst i was younger.

For personal gain I'd go a little bit into the future to find out sports results, lottery numbers etc and then come back and profit from it.

But if it was to visit an era, I would love to visit 1950s America as shown in the likes of Back to the Future.

1970s America on the other hand is one of the times I'd like to visit least. It just looks so...grotty.

i would go back to december 2005 and stop myself making the biggest mistake of my life by getting into an altercation with a female colleague for which we were both fired for 2 weeks after it happened. i might have ended up staying there till it closed 2 years later

Could you elaborate for us please?

• Paid Members
Or I just invent Facebook...but that's far too much hard work.

You could just suggest it to him. If you fancy doing a bit more, choose the colour scheme and basic layout. That counts as collaborating, right?

• Paid Members
Or go to a time when dinosaurs were about, that would be cool.

For a couple of days maybe. Then the drudgery of having to walk everywhere, kill your own food, make your own fire and have nobody to talk to would get a bit much.

At least where I'm going there's still beer and women.

Or go to a time when dinosaurs were about, that would be cool.

For a couple of days maybe. Then the drudgery of having to walk everywhere, kill your own food, make your own fire and have nobody to talk to would get a bit much.

At least where I'm going there's still beer and women.

Cos you're a bloody bloke. I would love to head to Victorian Glasgow. Get on a tram or on the Subway, it would be magnificent!

Would have to be going back to see the sex pistols at club lafayette, wolverhampton in august 1977,only 3 at the time.

If I could go back to a moment that I was there would prob be seeing oasis for the first time, feeling the same rush I felt then about July 1994.

I'd go back in time and befriend Matt Zuckenburg. Either we stay friends and I sponge off his ass for the rest of my life or I claim I helped invent Facebook and get a few million of my own. Win/Win. Money can't buy you happiness? Bollocks.

Ok, just incase it happens, don't befriend some dude named Matt Zuckenburg. Look up Mark Zuckerberg instead. Although the thought of someone making the effort to go back in time to work on a friendship with Matt, getting slightly worried when he doesn't go to Harvard, and even more worried when he shows no interest in computer programming, is almost priceless.

• Paid Members

I'd go back to ancient Peru and tell the Incas how to make guns. Fuck those bastard Conquistadores right up.

Or go back to the fifties and see if I could have a go on Betty Page.

i would go back to december 2005 and stop myself making the biggest mistake of my life by getting into an altercation with a female colleague for which we were both fired for 2 weeks after it happened. i might have ended up staying there till it closed 2 years later

Could you elaborate for us please?

basically we were friends from the moment she started as we were the youngest two working there but then she left for a few weeks to join the raf. when she came back she was a completely different person, she came out as a lesbian and became obsessed with losing weight when she didnt need to

we were still on good terms and i even borrowed her money to see her girlfriend after they had a bust up. but after that she would be so nasty, whenever i was trying to talk to her or trying to be a friend she would snap at me for no reason

things come to a head when we done the annual xmas show, she got wasted before we went out to do our duet but got through it, we went out after the show and she turned round to fod me but done it with force that give me a stinger in my neck for the rest of the night. i put it down to her being drunk.

a couple of nights later was when it happened , i was doing the cashiering for the electronic bingo and she spent the night being petulent and trying to get things her own way so i pulled her up at the end of the night to talk things out, she got mad thinking i was running her down, which i wasnt, she got in my face and pushed me a few times and im a moment of lunacy i snapped a got her by the throat . she in turn give me a right good slap, sending my glasses flying , scraping my eye in the process. i then proceded to hit a low blow by calling her a stupid dyke. we both got pulled for it, suspended then after 3 disciplinary meetings i was fired (she was already on a warning for fighting with a gay lad we worked with so was sacked before me)

Archived